Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Ridge Racer
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: Ridge Racer
(09-06-2013 07:51 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 05:49 AM)questoftheninja1975 Wrote:  Hi all

I'm running v0.9.1 64bit. The problem I'm having is the screen is covered with blurry pixels textures. It's almost like some kind of reflecting effect. This happens if I turn on Buffered Rendering. If I turn it off the problem is gone but then the game looks dull. I heard if you turn off mipmapping the problem will go but I tried that and nothing.

I've seen videos of people running 0.9.1 with Buffered Rendering and they have no problems.
I tried everything but no luck. What am I doing wrong? My PC is more than capable of running this. Same problem with Ridge Racer 2.

Just tried build v0.9.1-580-g515874c but same issue Sad

I posted the image.

Thanks Smile

DiscID ULUS1001
Windows 7 x64
HD6950 2GB
128GB 830 SSD
i5-3570K @4.6ghz
8GB 2133MHz DDR3
Asus Maximus IV Extreme

Enabling Anti Aliasing + Buffered Rendering should clear most of the blurry pixel textures away from your screen. There will be some left, however.

Give it a shot, with that powerful system, you shouldn't notice any performance loss whatsoever.

Tried it but same thing friend. Ridge Racer doesn't seem to like my system. lol
Here's the interesting part though. Whenever I use boost it seems to clear away the blurry pixel textures, when the boosting has finished then the pixels return. Huh

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Can you put up which settings you are using, as I have just tested the European version & it runs fine using my set-up.
I did some research & it seems your motherboard uses a Nvidia NF200 chip.

Do you use that built in graphics chip or do you use a independent graphics card?
09-07-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 06:59 AM by questoftheninja1975.)
(09-06-2013 11:56 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Can you put up which settings you are using, as I have just tested the European version & it runs fine using my set-up.

Do you use that built in graphics chip or do you use a independent graphics card?

Is it the emulator settings you're referring to?
I tried the Pal version but still getting the same issue. If I turn off antialiasing the pixels reduce somewhat but still very visible.

I'm not using NF200. Am using HD6950 as independent card.

I put up more images. Sorry about the quality!

10-20-2013, 05:40 PM
I had the some problem but fixed it using Non-Buffered Rendering (0.9.1-2031)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 2600K-3.40GHz, P8P67, AMD RX470, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 10 Pro
10-21-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:30 AM by The Phoenix.)
(09-07-2013 06:37 AM)questoftheninja1975 Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:56 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Can you put up which settings you are using, as I have just tested the European version & it runs fine using my set-up.

Is it the emulator settings you're referring to?
I tried the Pal version but still getting the same issue. If I turn off antialiasing the pixels reduce somewhat but still very visible.

I'm not using NF200. Am using HD6950 as independent card.

I put up more images. Sorry about the quality!
Sorry for not getting back to you, I've been busy these days, thanks for your reply.

First up do as the last person said, change to Un-buffered rendering, to get rid of most of the ghosting effect.
Secondly reduce the Texture Scaling to the lowest setting, as 5x requires a very powerful PC.
11-16-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 11:31 AM by vnctdj.)
Rendering artefacts in Ridge Racer (UCES-00002)
Hi,

I had this little issue now since Ridge Racer became playable on PPSSPP (which was long ago).
To me it looks like an oversized asset of the game layed on top of the screen.
I might be wrong but it looks like the enviromental reflection on the car beeing displayed twice ?

Here are some screens which show the problem, I also noticed that once I up the resolution, the problem dissapears (or gets so small I can't see it anymore, since the reflection on the car gets a higher resolution as well):

1x resolution:
[Image: screen00000fnfdv.jpg]

2x resolution:
[Image: screen00001jmcsm.jpg]

3x resolution:
[Image: screen00002elfkn.jpg]

4x resolution:
[Image: screen00003o3cu2.jpg]

5x resolution:
[Image: screen00004wtcie.jpg]

6x resolution (can't see it anymore):
[Image: screen0000547ezq.jpg]

1x resolution - buffered rendering turned off:
[Image: screen00006tbdds.jpg]

The last picture shows the game without buffered rendering. It disables the reflaction on the car. That's where my oversized / displayed twice reflection theory came from.

The Android build isn't affected by this (as far as I can tell). Another funny thing is, that once I use the boost in the game, the artefact dissapears for that short moment and slowly fades back in, once the car speed settles back down to normal.

I hope someone can make some sense out of it Huh

Thanks,
iCEQB

EDIT: Here is another screen, it seems to be the reflection of the front on the car:

[Image: screen000072yuu1.jpg]

Another thing I moticed (unrelated to that problem) is that once the window is 2x in size, I sometimes (!) get this line on the start menu:

[Image: screen00008x4ukj.jpg]

If the window is 1x its size, the problem never appears (same on the Android build):

[Image: screen00009tguh5.jpg]

Edit by vnctdj : You have to post in the game's thread, please do a search before creating a new thread... Given that these information you propose are interesting, I merged your thread in the game's thread.
11-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Interesting observations ICE...
06-11-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 06:21 AM by Stevec.)
Region :eu
Format :ISO
Version :v9.8.1088-ga31194
Game ID :uces10002
OpenGl vers.4.3.0
GLSL: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg Compiler

Game is working and looks great without reflection issue bug during game with buffererd rendering on - except when using nitrous screen goes black - same issue with ridge racer 2 .here's a pic with nitous on and off .

specs: win xp 32bit service pack 3 nvidia GT630 2048mb ram graphics card, dual core 3.0GHz 2gb ram pc user
06-11-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 07:56 PM by Stevec.)
Hi guys - checked build.v.9.8.1145-ge657980 - the reflection issue is back with buffered rendering on - but when using nitrous screen doesnt go black anymore as shown in prev post - so what change was done in build 9.8.1088 fixed reflection issue with buffered render on during game ,and what change was done in this build fixed black screen when using nitrous.this also the same with ridge racer 2 (if you could combine the two builds - the game would run perfect lol)

specs: win xp 32bit service pack 3 nvidia GT630 2048mb ram graphics card, dual core 3.0GHz 2gb ram pc user
03-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Ridge Racer black screen on FMV (ulus10001)
So when never I try Ridge Racer 1 I get a black screen after hitting select in the mini game, right where the opening title FMV should start playing, and nothing happens after this point. the fps counter stays at 60fps and shoots up to over 3000fps when I hit the speed button, so I know its not a full freeze. I have tried two different sources of the game and I can't get the game to get past this point.

Yes I own the game, not currently able to dump my own though.

There's no point posting my current settings, I've gone through and changed virtually every setting back and forth while trying to get past this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using PPSSPP v1.3

My hardware:
FX-8350
R9-290
32GB 1866mhz DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard
Windows 10.
9TB total storage available.
03-01-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: Ridge Racer black screen on FMV (ulus10001)
(03-01-2017 06:45 AM)jack324 Wrote:  So when never I try Ridge Racer 1 I get a black screen after hitting select in the mini game, right where the opening title FMV should start playing, and nothing happens after this point. the fps counter stays at 60fps and shoots up to over 3000fps when I hit the speed button, so I know its not a full freeze. I have tried two different sources of the game and I can't get the game to get past this point.

Yes I own the game, not currently able to dump my own though.

There's no point posting my current settings, I've gone through and changed virtually every setting back and forth while trying to get past this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using PPSSPP v1.3

My hardware:
FX-8350
R9-290
32GB 1866mhz DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard
Windows 10.
9TB total storage available.

Hi there,
I take it you are using Open GL backend.
seems you have the same problematic AMD graphics drivers, as mentioned a few times on these forums.
One guy suggested using an older driver which actually does work a lot better, until AMD sort out the bugs / problems with the latest driver.
Its not a bug / problem with PPSSPP as you found out due to you trying out every combination of settings and made no difference.
Also try DirectX backend to see if it has same problem or not. let us know.
I don't personally have a AMD PC, so can't test myself, sadly. Sad
03-01-2017, 09:08 PM
(03-01-2017 01:16 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Hi there,
I take it you are using Open GL backend.
seems you have the same problematic AMD graphics drivers, as mentioned a few times on these forums.
One guy suggested using an older driver which actually does work a lot better, until AMD sort out the bugs / problems with the latest driver.
Its not a bug / problem with PPSSPP as you found out due to you trying out every combination of settings and made no difference.
Also try DirectX backend to see if it has same problem or not. let us know.
I don't personally have a AMD PC, so can't test myself, sadly. Sad

Actually, And I should have mentioned this earlier, I have tried all three backends, along with software, and I get the same black screen on my Android devices as well, in the exact same spot. Every other game I have tried so far I have been able to get to work when there is some sort of incompatibility, but Ridge Racer, my favorite PSP time killer just wont work. I have literally tried every configuration I can think of.

As far as AMD and OpenGL compatibility, that seems quite odd considering AMD gpus have had a very good history of OpenGL compatibility. Especially considering they are the big supporter of OpenGL's various compute standards. I have been running PPSSPP in OpenGL mode be default until i come up with a problem. Ridge Racer does this in ALL Backends.

I am starting to wonder if its a problem with the North American version of the game, since virtually all the forum threads here dealing with the game seem to indicate everybody is using the European version. I may Have to find a source of that version and see if it works.
03-01-2017, 09:52 PM
i dont know anything about this game but i do remember i had same problem with game called red star

and there was a fix to it via cheats

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6239

maybe this can lead someone to fixing this problem

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
03-02-2017, 02:24 AM
We have rules here, one of them is to keep 1 thread per game and this game's thread exists here already and people not respecting that just make it harder to find per-game info and give moderators more work to do clearing the mess.
If you look at the above thread ~ which should be only one ~ people were using US version there with same problems as EU, we don't separate game threads for regions unless there's actual difference in content that would cause compatibility difference, EU/US versions are most of the time exact copies with different distributor logo eventually extra language options in EU.

Whenever you own the game or not does not matter at all if your copy is pirated since legal, moral and capitalistic things aside the reason people don't support pirates is simply because broken copies/under dumps is a thing ~ statistically it's in fact the most common reason for poor compatibility reports / using very popular and just as dangerous settings and speedhacks would be another - both of those would easily freeze games and cause black screen.
Best source of games for PPSSPP is PS Store. You can buy games there, download their PKG's on pc and then use PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor to extract PBP file which is nicely compressed container that works just as well if not better than cso/iso formats.

Either way really the only thing to really try here is to get latest version since 1.3 had a problem with some FMV's freezing, you should also start from default settings to make sure nothing else is bugging out, if you updated over previous one, go to system settings and use the option to restore default ones. If the game still doesn't boot, your copy must be broken.

AMD OGL drivers(not to be confused with D3D drivers) would crash or glitch some effects depending on which of the new drivers you have installed(and by "new" that means all "Crimson" ones including those from year ago). On windows when using latest PPSSPP version you can just use d3d11 backend, I guess it's even default one now and despite being new and still having some minor issues, it works very well, especially in win 10.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.