Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multicore Performance
01-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Multicore Performance
Hi Henrik, I would like to know how many cores does the emulator use by now.

On windows version it show like the 2 processors have work, and the usage of the GPU I don't know how to see it.

Using, Dynarec, Fast Memory, Hardware transform and 2xSSAA

On Android version when I pause the game for see the usage of the CPU it goes to 0% an 30Mb of ram but one game get stuck and usage grows to near 50% (of 2 Cores) and no more.

In my chase for example the phone GPU has 4 cores, but i don't know if is only using one of them or all.

I don't want you start to think about this by now. I Just want to know how many cores or threads it uses of CPU and GPU for both versions

Thanks.

PD: (If you don't understand something (for my english) tell me and I would try to rewritte again properly)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Multicore Performance
i think i read somewhere that ppsspp has no multi-core optimization, so it should use only 1 core.

i don't know how much use it would be tough, a single 1.4ghz cortex A9 core can already run some games faster than a psp i think.
01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
PPSSPP currently only uses 1 core but it's possible that the graphics driver will choose to put some work on a second core.
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Ok thanks, and the phones with more than 1 GPU cores, also only use one of the GPU cores or OpenGL ES 2.0 Manage the 4 cores and there are nothing to implement there