Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ppsspp build 9 oktober 2013 is force close on my android
10-10-2013, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 10:20 AM by dlanor.)
RE: ppsspp build 9 oktober 2013 is force close on my android
(10-10-2013 09:22 AM)globe94 Wrote:  henrik, both 1661 & 1662 are working..

That's very odd, because for me they are both crashing exactly like the preceding recent builds (all after build 1640). I tested both of the new builds both on my OUYA and on my DMTech Tablet, just as for my earlier tests and with identical results, so I see no improvement at all.
(They still crash whenever an attempt is made to launch a game.)

Exactly which Android device(s) did you make your tests with ?
(Remember that any tests on a PC are irrelevant here.)

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2013, 10:12 AM
(10-10-2013 09:09 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Can you guys try again, with build 1662 or later? http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

tried 1662,it's not working a "unfortunately,ppsspp has stopped" message pops up every time on pressing the icon.
10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
(10-10-2013 10:12 AM)sidgoku123 Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 09:09 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Can you guys try again, with build 1662 or later? http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

tried 1662,it's not working a "unfortunately,ppsspp has stopped" message pops up every time on pressing the icon.

And what Android unit did this happen with ?
(The error discussed in this thread is Android specific.)

The error message you quote seems identical to a program crash message from Windows, and if that's what it is then your report is irrelevant to this thread.

You should then report your error in some other thread instead, since this particular thread is dedicated to an Android-specific error.

10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
@dlanor

my android is : Cherry Mobile flame
1.2ghz Snapdragon Dual core processor. ICS
is that enough?

its really working i tell u.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-10-2013, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 11:16 AM by dlanor.)
(10-10-2013 10:28 AM)globe94 Wrote:  @dlanor

my android is : Cherry Mobile flame
1.2ghz Snapdragon Dual core processor. ICS
is that enough?

its really working i tell u.

Oh, I believe you. But when your results are the opposite of mine we need to explore what system differences may be responsible for our differing results.

I'm not familar with the 'Snapdragon' CPU, so I guess that CPU might be what makes the difference, since all of my devices have normal ARM-type CPUs. As for the Android system my Tablet has ICS and the OUYA has JB (I think), so that in itself is not a factor. (But platform-specific implementations may be)

I've now tested build 1664 too, still with the same crash at all game launch attempts.

There is a slight difference, in the form of a very short delay between clicking/touching a game icon and the crash out to Android desktop or OUYA menu. Previously the crash was almost instantaneous, but now it occurs after a short delay.

This time I tested on my "Pivos Xios DS" in addition to the same DMTech Tablet and OUYA console as used in my previous tests, and results were the same for all, except for the duration of the new crash delay. That was significantly longer on the Xios DS, which is the slowest of these three devices, so apparently the emulator is trying to do some work during this delay (probably part of the initialization for running the chosen game).

10-10-2013, 11:21 AM
@dlanor
i tried 1664,and still good.
im not a programmer so i dont know why its working.
maybe the god of gaming is favoring me? hahaha.. just kidding!

if i can help you with something,just tell me. i'll do whatever i can.

*globe94*

• • gLoBe ~
10-10-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 11:45 AM by sidgoku123.)
(10-10-2013 10:19 AM)dlanor Wrote:  

And what Android unit did this happen with ?
(The error discussed in this thread is Android specific.)

The error message you quote seems identical to a program crash message from Windows, and if that's what it is then your report is irrelevant to this thread.

You should then report your error in some other thread instead, since this particular thread is dedicated to an Android-specific error.

Actually it occured on my android phone,running android 4.1 and a mtk 6589 chipset.

(10-10-2013 11:21 AM)globe94 Wrote:  @dlanor
i tried 1664,and still good.
im not a programmer so i dont know why its working.
maybe the god of gaming is favoring me? hahaha.. just kidding!

if i can help you with something,just tell me. i'll do whatever i can.

*globe94*

Do you have to delete psp.ini before installing a new version?
what was the last version you used?
Also I can't find the folder which contains psp.ini?
10-10-2013, 12:07 PM
@sidgoku123
what i did was just overwrite install the old one version and no deleting whatsoever. maybe it concerns the chipset?

and if you want to know where psp.ini is
i think its located at root/data/data/org.ppsspp folder

• • gLoBe ~
10-10-2013, 12:15 PM
(10-10-2013 11:43 AM)sidgoku123 Wrote:  Actually it occured on my android phone,running android 4.1 and a mtk 6589 chipset.
Sorry, my mistake.
I was thinking of a similar but not identical error message in Windows.

However, since you described the crash as occurring with that message, apparently when you launched PPSSPP itself, it's probably not the same bug that this thread is intended to deal with. That bug never strikes the launching of PPSSPP, but occurs when we launch a game from inside the PPSSPP GUI.
(Perhaps that is what you meant too, though your phrasing didn't make it seem so.)

Quote:Do you have to delete psp.ini before installing a new version?
I assume you mean "ppsspp.ini". In any case I have never had to manually delete any file before installing a new version. But when upgrading from a very old version it may be a good idea to clean up first, as a lot of stuff in the ini file that was used by old versions is not used anymore, or in greatly modified form. (EG: Controller mapping used to be in the main ini file, but now has a separate ini file.)

Quote:what was the last version you used?
The last version that works without crashing for me is "ppsspp-v0.9.1-1640-g996e468-android.apk", or simply put 'build 1640'.

Quote:Also I can't find the folder which contains psp.ini?
Again I assume that you mean "ppsspp.ini". On an Android device the data used by PPSSPP is separated into two different areas. One is easily accessible as "/sdcard/PSP/" and contains savestates, gamesaves and cheats (each in a separate subfolder), but not the ini files. Those are stored in a folder that requires root access.

I'm not sure if the location is the same for all devices, but on my rooted OUYA it's "/data/data/org.ppsspp.ppsspp/files/".

10-10-2013, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 12:51 PM by Henrik.)
Oh, it crashes on Ouya?

I will try to debug on mine soon. I really haven't used it much for development yet heh (or gaming for that matter...).
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 01:46 PM by dlanor.)
(10-10-2013 12:51 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Oh, it crashes on Ouya?

Yes. All builds from 1641 and up crash when a game is launched.
This happens on all my Android devices, including the OUYA.
But apparently it doesn't happen with all existing Android devices, since the one 'globe94' reported on seems unaffected.

Quote:I will try to debug on mine soon.

I'm really glad to know that you have an OUYA, so you won't have to rely entirely on hearsay, or tests made by others through forum-based 'remote control'.

Quote:I really haven't used it much for development yet heh (or gaming for that matter...).

Considering how fast PPSSPP has been progressing I assume you haven't had time for much else. But when you do have some free time you could do a lot worse than spending some of it playing PSP games on the OUYA. Many of these emulated games give a far better gameplay experience than most of the native OUYA games of similar nature.

10-10-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 01:54 PM by reinzhart.)
for someone crash in pc if not graphic problem maybe it's like my problem after build 16xx

just plug out controler and plug in again after lounching ppsspp works for me
maybe some thing in script for controler make crash

sory for bad grammar
10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
emu crashes when I launch it. builds 1662 1664 and 1668. Device galaxy tab 2 10.1 (P5100), android 4.0.4
10-10-2013, 02:38 PM

Yeah same here now we are getting unfortunately stopped issue...
10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
hi hendrik I had download and install the newest build but it same ,, its always force close when I open the game,, my device is advan t2ci with Arm® Cortex™ A8 1GHz android ICS as I had write here force close is only for psp build in 9 oct until now but in 8 oct and under it works fine... please help me bro