Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.64 Average
Custom PPSSPP shaders
03-06-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: Custom PPSSPP shaders
Lottes seems fine now with DX11. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 2600K-3.40GHz, P8P67, AMD RX470, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 11:22 AM by LunaMoo.)
Made one more correction to that Lottes variant as I broke scale functionality by a bit in previous edit ~ again translated shaders are annoying to debug.;c

Edit: Oh and before I forget about it, if @Nick001 is reading this or anyone else who's interested in animating some effects in post process shader properly at 60Hz in games that have 30fps or worse - variable framerate, you can now just add to ini:
Code:
60fps=True
to get smooth animation, this includes loading screens and other places that might be normally running at 0fps. I added it to default shaders CRT as an example of using it.(althrough I'm not a fan of CRT in any shape or form so consistent or not that animation is pretty ugly to meTongue)

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
07-27-2017, 09:35 AM
(10-31-2013 05:16 PM)naoan Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 03:37 PM)Combone Wrote:  @Danyal Zia

Shaders...
Must be converted again Sad

New version of PPSSPP cause Blackscreen.

EDIT:

This Shaders...

AA Shader v2.o
AA Shader v2.o - Daisy
AA shaders AA Shader v2.o - Bloom

Cause blackscreen too Sad

Here's the updated version of my port (along with the requested aa 2d 3d, which look bad btw Tongue) mediafire.com/?m01rx1t6czuvju3

Just unpack it to assets/shaders folder, delete the old shaders file and the entries inside the defaultshaders.ini if you have it, I've put it inside the extra.ini so it would not get overwritten if you update your ppsspp.
I'm hope I'm not necroing this topic, but I just hacked together a new Shader by taking naoan's aa2d3d port and adding his NatAA on top of it, creating NatAA2d3d. NatAA is probably my favorite shader here, and I wanted to see what it would look like if applied to aa2d3d. Unfortunately, aa2d3d makes images a little too blurry, so I may just stick with NatAA until a less blurry anti-aliasing shader which I can add to it comes along. Here is the link to NatAA2d3d:
mediafire.com/file/skkhq7kb5hg3r6u/NatAA2d3d.7z
09-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Hi @LunaMoo, can you also make @Nick001's arcadescanlines shader pack to HLSL for DX11 backend? Thanks!
09-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Catch:
.7z  arcadescanlines1.1 fix d3d11.7z (Size: 2.03 KB / Downloads: 925)
Just a few changes were required for auto translation, but also added 60fps=True to third preset which had some animation I guess, it should make the animation constant even when game stops refreshing.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
09-07-2017, 06:58 AM
(09-06-2017 09:20 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Catch:
Just a few changes were required for auto translation, but also added 60fps=True to third preset which had some animation I guess, it should make the animation constant even when game stops refreshing.
Wow, works like a charm!
Thanks again!
09-11-2017, 01:01 PM
The retroarch team converted some reshade shaders for me a while back. Lunamoo, can you also add these shaders to your shader suite without any modification other than opengl conversion? I want to be able to not have to use reshade. These 2 shaders create a dreamstate haze that adds to the shaders I like to use. Here they are:

1. https://github.com/libretro/slang-shader...a358.slang
2. https://github.com/libretro/slang-shader...a358.slang

Here is the opengl version in reshade that guest.r converted from: https://mega.nz/#!DsVFkTQa!-V2vY-WWZfdlw...fotHacKfqI
The file of interest is GAUSS4Sh1nRa358newFW.fx.
09-25-2017, 03:46 PM
[Image: 1324603121001.png]
11-23-2017, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 07:30 PM by guest.r.)
Cheer up m8. Smile

If you need an aa 4.o shader with scanlines i could make you one, so you can use the Reshade preset as before with RA.

Otherwise overgrown shaders don't work like real multipass shaders, so the results would not be as expected here.

Meanwhile i put together some crt shaders. Since the input resolution is a bit larger than used they should look better on 1440p for example.

Shaders have lots of options included, i think there should be no problems in altering some of them.

Included are:

- crt lottes - the classic
- crt hyllian - very nice crt shader
- crt easymode - the mighty newcomer (OpenGL only)
- crt lottes tv - kinky tv color aberrations, screen cushion

Edit: small changes, thanks to Luna for fixing the mask code. Heart

Attached File(s)
.zip  crt-shaders.zip (Size: 9.36 KB / Downloads: 1177)
11-26-2017, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 08:22 PM by guest.r.)
Been watching PPSSPP is also popular on platforms with less gpu computing power and shader support.

Me and Hyllian developed some very fast and interesting shaders, which could be of use in this ecosystem.

The 4xGLSoft does a nice smoothing job on 2D and can be used with higher internal resolutions too.

Hyllian's DDT is an upscaling shader (native resolution only), quite sharp and arbitrary, better than 2xSaI in here.
(there are some strange lines in D3D11, all fine with OGL, might be an old AMD bug...)

If someone tests this on a humble system, would make me happy. Blush

Edit: Fixed the DDT issue.

Attached File(s)
.zip  slim-shaders.zip (Size: 3.04 KB / Downloads: 930)
12-12-2017, 07:58 PM
This might be a silly question...

But if i am able to generate or even handpaint Normal Maps for a specific texture (dumped using the texture export function), is there a way to get those to work as expected using a shader?
Would a shader even be able to read texture info the way ppspp could and use that?
If at all possible, this could mean drastically improved appearance of models.

e.g:
Dump texture using "save new texture" feature in psp.
Use that texture to generate or guesstimate bump map info.
Save that image with same name as texture, maybe add suffix "_normal"
Have shader read that info and generate the illusion of geometry/lighting effects?
12-12-2017, 09:13 PM
That's something Henrik might be best person to answerTongue, even if that's not a work for post process shaders, he's currently experimenting with Vulkan on something that will likely give us a per-texture shaders and that's a completely different level of power which likely could use some additional info provided by texture replacementTongue.

01-19-2018, 04:51 AM
(11-26-2017 06:39 PM)guest.r Wrote:  Been watching PPSSPP is also popular on platforms with less gpu computing power and shader support.

Me and Hyllian developed some very fast and interesting shaders, which could be of use in this ecosystem.

The 4xGLSoft does a nice smoothing job on 2D and can be used with higher internal resolutions too.

Hyllian's DDT is an upscaling shader (native resolution only), quite sharp and arbitrary, better than 2xSaI in here.
(there are some strange lines in D3D11, all fine with OGL, might be an old AMD bug...)

If someone tests this on a humble system, would make me happy. Blush

Edit: Fixed the DDT issue.

very like this!
Thanks x1000!
02-10-2018, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2018 02:20 PM by Dukatti.)
Mixed Bloom, Vignette, Natural Colors, Crt shaders in different combinations

Aim was into getting extra details, color boost and light

Used it with:
- 4xPSP, 5xPSP
- Vertex cache, upscale, lower resolution for effects off
- filtering off and nearest
- 360p (!!!) or 480p (!) desktop resolution

So with all that disabled I got every square visible,
making drawings on walls and roads, and forests visible from a far distance.

Crt was added to cheat a brain that water is moving, as well as air and fog

BloomVignetteCrt is favorite and most often used.
In games, where there is already a lot of lighting used VignetteCrt.

Where colors are too much blind - NaturalBloomVignette,
and again - NarutalVignette for blomless

Did it only intuitively, never learned, thx for good structure, comments and variable names. Hoping, that someone will create somethiing more advanced with the main idea.

[there are examples in gameplay video thread, though they are anaglyphed, and not in 360p or 480p
(where to upload 60fps 360p gameplay? T 0 T)]

[Edit:]
added fxaa.vsh to an archive
[in case of putting to an empty folder instead of default shaders]

[Edit2:]
use Reshade to add motionblur.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Mixed Shaders.zip (Size: 6.6 KB / Downloads: 774)
03-08-2018, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 10:17 AM by jdgleaver.)
I made a lazy copy/paste port of the zfast_lcd shader from RetroArch. It works quite nicely, so I thought I'd share...

This is a simple shader with a low (negligible?) performance impact. It creates an LCD effect by performing nearest neighbour scaling and adding a subtle grid lattice. The attached ppsspp_zfast_lcd.zip file contains two variants:

1 --- "zfast LCD Shader"

This is the one you should use...

- It requires a rendering resolution of 1xPSP

- It's intended for use with 2D games: you get a nice crisp display, with the grid providing a pleasant antialiasing effect

- It's also quite good for lower end android devices that struggle with higher internal resolutions (i.e. 3D games running at 1xPSP on a small screen generally look better with this shader than without...)

Here are some random screenshots of the shader in action:

2 --- "zfast LCD Shader HD"

This one's probably not very useful, but I made it for completeness...

It supports arbitrary rendering resolutions, but only applies the grid effect (i.e. no nearest neighbour scaling, so things can get a little blurry). It adds some texture to the screen, which can look good/bad depending on personal preference. Here are some more screenshots:

-------

Both shaders also have a 'Mobile' version. These just force highp precision, which seems to be necessary on android phones and tablets.

Oh, and finally - these shaders absolutely REQUIRE a display resolution of AT LEAST 1080p. Lower resolution screens (i.e. 720p/768p) just don't have enough pixels to render the grid correctly, so you get horrible aliasing effects (or no grid at all).

-------

EDIT: Well that's embarrassing... Someone just informed me that my shader doesn't work with the Vulkan backend... I've been using OpenGL under Linux/Android, and so didn't know this was a problem...

Anyway, I've implemented a workaround and updated the zip file attached to this post - please re-download if you have the old version!

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspp_zfast_lcd.zip (Size: 6.89 KB / Downloads: 698)