Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guide on compiling ppsspp on Linux Mint 13 64
09-16-2013, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 03:11 AM by xenowildfire.)
Guide on compiling ppsspp on Linux Mint 13 64
It took me a while trying to get this to work cause of cmake 2.8.7 and you need 2.8.8 or better.
I have cmake-curses-gui_2.8.9 installed on my computer and I updated it using this method.

1. Enable the repository:
# sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports

2. Update the package index:
# sudo apt-get update

3. Install cmake-curses-gui deb package:
# sudo apt-get install cmake-curses-gui

Open your terminal antd type:
git clone https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp.git
cd ppsspp
git submodule update --init
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev
./b.sh
cd build
strip PPSSPPSDL && mkdir ~/Desktop/PPSSPP && cp -a PPSSPPSDL assets ~/Desktop/PPSSPP
And your good to go!

It will add a folder on your desktop and that will be where you can start PPSSPPSDL from.
I didn't have to type sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev cmake build-essential -y in the terminal
since I have already have cmake installed.

I hope this helps the people who had the same trouble with this as I did.
Now I just need to make it using Qt.

I got some of the info from this sorce, Thanks on his part!
http://jeremywininger.blogspot.com/2013/...buntu.html

A side note to get the sound working I got the zip from here:
https://github.com/emulibraries/maiatrac3plus
I had to decompress the zip folder and go into the folder and move it to your home folder.
Open terminal:
cd MaiAT3PlusDecoder
cd make
then go into your output folder and find libat3plusdecoder.so file and copy it.
go into your file system folder, open usr and right click on lib folder and open as administator.
When the folder opens paste the libat3plusdecoder.so file in there and you should have sound.
I have tried putting the file in the same directory as the PPSSPPSDL binary but it never worked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Guide on compiling ppsspp on Linux Mint 13 64
You may also want to cp -r flash0 ~/.ppsspp/flash0 (maybe making the directory first.) Not sure if this may change.

-[Unknown]
09-16-2013, 04:54 AM
(09-16-2013 04:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You may also want to cp -r flash0 ~/.ppsspp/flash0 (maybe making the directory first.) Not sure if this may change.

-[Unknown]

Can you explain? That might be why no text shows up in Lunar when I tried it.
09-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Yes, that would be exactly why Lunar doesn't show text. It looks for the pgf font files in your home directory (~) under ~/.ppsspp/flash0/fonts I think.

The emulator clone will come with a flash0 directory suitable for this purpose.

-[Unknown]
09-16-2013, 05:58 AM
(09-16-2013 05:41 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Yes, that would be exactly why Lunar doesn't show text. It looks for the pgf font files in your home directory (~) under ~/.ppsspp/flash0/fonts I think.

The emulator clone will come with a flash0 directory suitable for this purpose.

-[Unknown]

I looked under my home/ppsspp folder and i do have the flash0/fonts folder with the pgf in it.
And where does the saves go at when you save your games?
09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I think there under memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA/.

-[Unknown]
10-11-2013, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 04:56 AM by Sky Warden.)
Uhm, excuse me. I've followed this guide, but still can't get the fonts working. I copied the flash0 folder to my PPSSPP folder, but Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Dissidia still won't show text on some dialogues (even not at all in Monhun). The .pgf files are there, accessible, and I can get Tekken working just fine.

Other threads I've read fixed this problem by copying the flash0 folder, or running PPSSPP as administrator, but none of them fixed mine.

P.S. I'm on Ubuntu 12.10.
10-11-2013, 12:29 PM
It's not in the main folder, I think it's in a hidden folder where you need to put the fonts, I have to reinstall Linux mint 13 so I am unable to look where the folder is right now.
10-12-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 11:15 AM by Sky Warden.)
Oh, thanks! It fixed it. I checked the hidden .ppsspp folder on my home, and the font folder was empty indeed. I copied the fonts needed and now I can play Monhun just fine. Aww yeah. XD

Thank you again. Smile

P.S. The text still looks weird in Monster Hunter though.
11-15-2013, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 09:07 AM by amirzaim.)
I followed the guide above, all OK during compile, but got an error when I'm tried to run the PPSSPP and it says "Segmentation Fault"

So, I have to recompile it back via my own method like this after set up everything like dependencies, source code packages and so on and let say that the current directory is ppsspp, so:

export CC=gcc
export CXX=g++
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

Thus, I can able to run PPSSPP without problems so far.