Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISGAEA portable 1 [KOR]
09-12-2013, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 02:41 AM by TheDax.)
DISGAEA portable 1 [KOR]
in the previous version and the one that is currently on the playstore

the game worked

but now the Disgaea Portable 1 (kor)

doesn't work anymore but shows just a black screen.......

Normally i had to change the language to Kor(한국어) in order for the game to work properly

but now in recent versions even though i change it to KOR, there's now only a black screen.... Huh

PLZ fix Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 07:23 AM by mupralsh.)
RE: DISGAEA portable 1 does not work anymore
Are you playing the non-US region version of the game?
If that's so, please provide more information like this, otherwise you have to post your report on the game's thread. And also please be more detailed. What exactly the revision do you mean by 'now'?

Anyway, since you are new to the forum, you should visit the Welcome Thread! Smile

Moved.

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
09-14-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 12:18 PM by Tabman.)
I tried the US, EU, and three different JPN versions and all run without a problem with ppsspp 9.1-816 x64+x86.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the emulation of the Disgaea games, for me it looks more like a computer problem on your end, asiannerd69.

Edit:
I had a quick look at the UCAS40315 version, which should be the Korea one, and it indeed doesn't boot and shows only a black screen with ppsspp 0.9.1.816 Amd64.
The emulator seems to be busy working in the background though; it hasn't crashed.
Log file x64:
.zip  DisgaeaKOR.zip (Size: 3.83 KB / Downloads: 865)

Another Edit!:
After changing the language of ppsspp to Korean the game boots and plays normally.

Very strange.
Anway, another log file. Maybe somebody has a clue why this game only runs when ppsspp is set to the Korean language. I think that's a genuine bug.
Log file Disgaea Korea working:
.zip  DisgaeaKORWorking_x64.zip (Size: 4.8 KB / Downloads: 681)

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2013, 02:08 PM
I guess it could be intentional. Setting the language to Korean also sets the system preference for the language to Korean, which games can check. Although, it could still be a bug.

Does the Korean version of the game run okay on a non-Korean PSP set to English or etc.?

-[Unknown]
09-14-2013, 03:17 PM
I think you are right that the game checks the language setting and simply refuses to run on anything else than a PSP set to Korean.
To get some more evidence I used Jpcsp(burn the heathen!) and it behaved exactly like ppsspp; setting the region to Korea runs the game without problems, every other region lets the emulator just loiter around lazily at the start.
So, probably not strange, or a bug, at all.

Which leads me to another intriguing question: is there anything about the Psp you don't know, [Unknown]???

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-15-2013, 03:33 AM
There's tons. I really don't understand the graphics / 3d stuff at all. I've spent a lot of time trying to get sceMpeg working and it's still a nebulous monster, heh, and there are other parts I don't know much about too.

-[Unknown]
12-07-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: DISGAEA portable 1 [KOR]
Renamed topic title to reflect that it's the Korean version of Disgaea, which has different compatibility issues than the other regions (apparently?).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Does v0.9.5-1033-gfedf7ed fixed ?
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, I think the question is just - what happens when this game is put into a PSP with European, Japanese, or American settings - e.g. not Korean? Does it act the same as PPSSPP, or differently?

-[Unknown]
12-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I get result differcult from Tabman
When set non-Korean,Will display Trad Chinese
When set Korean,Will display Korean
Game ID UCAS40315
12-11-2013, 09:18 PM
So the game is booting, then?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
12-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes,No probrem with real psp or ppsspp
12-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I'll stick this in In-game, then.