Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
The 3rd Birthday
06-08-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 01:39 PM by ARMAC.)
RE: The 3rd Birthday
(PC post)
Oioitff fixed the overlay issue caused by movies for this game eariler, but reverted the change later because it broke God of War.
https://github.com/oioitff/ppsspp/commit...d0bf0ac85f

The latest automatic build of the official version with video support still has the grey post-video artifacting in this game (it was solid grey before without video support). So i took the source and re-added oioitff's fix and now it's OK, of course.
[Image: nofixfix.png]
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?gtbcqczpqcrohn0
Exe can/should be used alongside the regular v0.7.6-1192-g30536fa release. It just has those two lines added from Oioitff to get rid of the grey overlay.

------------------------
The issue of constant decimating/creation of the FBO for the HUD is still here tho. It happens during normal gameplay if the camera is close to the wall or other objects - basically when moving the camera closer to Aya or it's just constantly flickering each second in the base between missions.
idle0 I[HLE]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:435 Creating FBO for 04154000 : <128 x 64 x 2>
idle0 I[HLE]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:637 Decimating FBO for 04154000 <128 x 64 x 2> age 6
That said, the EmuCR 04/27/13 (v0.7.6-164-gc1a2ee5) build mentioned on the previous page doesn't have this issue at all. Now, just to find out what broke it around that time so those eager for T3B can have a hackfixed version.

edit: ...lol well...updating is crazy so g30536fa is already "old" but whatever...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 03:42 PM by RyviusRan.)
Thanks that fixed the issue for me.
Now I am trying to figure out if there is a way to force MSAA.

EDIT: actually still notice two major issues with the game.

One is the text will only flash on the screen for a brief second then disappear.
This includes subtitles as well.

The other is when using a certain attacks where you dash at the enemy.
It shows a faded overlay of the game at the top left.

[Image: 2qv8qx5.jpg]
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 04:50 PM by utsuho_reiuji01.)
wow its fixed and your build can use for sao game too thx its should merger it with main build
06-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see this fix incorporated in the main build, before PPSSPP 0.8 comes out.
Although in the 4/27 build, I'm sure there was no "Disappearing HUD when camera is near walls" glitch either.
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM
(06-08-2013 04:46 PM)utsuho_reiuji01 Wrote:  wow its fixed and your build can use for sao game too thx its should merger it with main build

but it breaks god of war

[b]today, tomorrow, together[/b]
06-08-2013, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 05:59 PM by utsuho_reiuji01.)
(06-08-2013 05:37 PM)hsark Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 04:46 PM)utsuho_reiuji01 Wrote:  wow its fixed and your build can use for sao game too thx its should merger it with main build

but it breaks god of war

oohh i not test it in gow i only test with 3rd birthdays and sao game in sao game it made the text dissappear o well maybe wait the perfect one
06-08-2013, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 12:01 AM by ARMAC.)
Here's a butchered build with the overlay fixed and the HUD too this time, based on the official v0.7.6-1214-g5335416
...like in way earlier official builds, the character sometimes picks up the texture of the environment and I'm completely sure the problem is in the one-line HUD fix. After a few minutes of testing the original clean build, it holds up the textures so they did fix it somewhere at the same time as the HUD broke. Regardless, the game likes to crash randomly anyway...

There are three options for those who are impatient on waiting a proper solution from the guys who know they're stuff.
1. The original builds with the gray overlay and crazy HUD
2. gray overlay fix + crazy HUD, a few posts above. Oioitff's solution incorporated into the new build. Fix specifically for this game only.
3. gray overlay fix + HUD fix + the bug of Aya becoming a chameleon and camouflaging herself into the surroundings, in this post.
-------------------------
Download HUD+Overlay: http://www.mediafire.com/?280lr970c2a2p72
Dirty. Situational. Unofficial. Irrelevant in the big picture of things.
-------------------------
For now I was just focusing on finding the HUD-break commit and it started after full implementation of features meant for an overbright fix for Final Fantasy Type-0 @ https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/1734
The commit and the line in question after which the HUD goes FBO-crazy is v0.7.6-496-g58745bf. Hrydgard merged several patches into the master one after the other that day, and the commit before the one mentioned is OK. But then again, removing that line and with it whatever it's working on causes the chameleon bug (restored to proper textures after switching level zones - reloading?).

tl;dr
HUD issue has something to do with the trigger of the AdvanceQuick() method.
06-09-2013, 02:44 AM
The subtitles work fine now but the hud still mirrors itself in the top left when using overdrive.
Also for some reason some of the voice overs don't work but that could be a bug I caused by speeding up the game for a short period of time.
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 10:31 AM by tapcio.)
(06-09-2013 02:44 AM)RyviusRan Wrote:  The subtitles work fine now but the hud still mirrors itself in the top left when using overdrive.
Also for some reason some of the voice overs don't work but that could be a bug I caused by speeding up the game for a short period of time.

I noticed same "mirror" issue in FF Crisis Core, disabling buffering (F5) resolves it.
06-12-2013, 05:47 PM
am using PC version
hud problem still there in the game but everyone knows that

the game is unplayable due to constant crashes
mostly occur when exiting an area or entering the next area
sometimes crashes happens when using savestate or loadstate
also sometimes when you try to save to memorystick the emulator freezes
can anyone relate ?
am using Nvidia card not Intel Graphics

now that being said .. the emulator is brilliant piece of work
speed is amazing video quality amazing ..
this building up to be a great emulator
06-13-2013, 12:00 AM
(06-12-2013 05:47 PM)Knight Of Shadows Wrote:  am using PC version

can anyone relate ?

What hud problem are you talking about?

I did notice a problem that if I enable texture scaling that it causes stuttering in certain areas even when I have plenty of vRAM to spare.
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 12:28 AM by kerupukalot.)
i just tried this game and always crashing after the reaper chase Undecided
does anyone manage to get past the reaper?

edit: i just download version 0.7.6-720-ga723d43, and i can get past the reaper and to the next save point Big Grin cheers
06-13-2013, 12:30 AM
(06-12-2013 10:31 AM)tapcio Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 02:44 AM)RyviusRan Wrote:  The subtitles work fine now but the hud still mirrors itself in the top left when using overdrive.

I noticed same "mirror" issue in FF Crisis Core, disabling buffering (F5) resolves it.

Yah that removes the issue but also removes some of the effects.
The only other problem I have now is the subtitles only popping up for a fraction of a second then disappearing.
Once that is fixed then the game will be playable to me.

Someone released a version of the emulator that doesn't have the subtitle problem but it introduced a texture issue with random textures being swapped to the wrong objects.

Seems like fixing one problem creates another.
06-13-2013, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 01:32 AM by Knight Of Shadows.)
(06-13-2013 12:00 AM)RyviusRan Wrote:  

can anyone relate ?

I did notice a problem that if I enable texture scaling that it causes stuttering in certain areas even when I have plenty of vRAM to spare.

when the camera get too close to aya or to a wall things start to disappear or blink
or in some certain areas things keeps bllinking " weapons and health "
and subtitles

this is the only problem right now
the random crashes went completely away
by turning off both " fast memory " and " buffered rending "
don't know if only one thing was causing the problem
i didn't try to know which one yet

edit : yes you are also right about texture scaling option .. which is why i had it off from get go
06-13-2013, 08:13 AM
(06-13-2013 01:29 AM)Knight Of Shadows Wrote:  
(06-13-2013 12:00 AM)RyviusRan Wrote:  

can anyone relate ?

when the camera get too close to aya or to a wall things start to disappear or blink
or in some certain areas things keeps bllinking " weapons and health "
and subtitles

this is the only problem right now
the random crashes went completely away
by turning off both " fast memory " and " buffered rending "
don't know if only one thing was causing the problem
i didn't try to know which one yet

edit : yes you are also right about texture scaling option .. which is why i had it off from get go

The subtitles and notifications blinking are the only issue I have too.
I hope those can be fixed soon.
I want to record my playthrough of the game but I want it to be at it's best before I do that.
I wish I could force MSAA but FXAA seems to work fine and doesn't diminish the sharpness by much.