Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 4.27 Average
Tekken Dark Resurrection
11-30-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:27 AM by ChrisHateZ.)
RE: Tekken Dark Resurrection
Lets make a list of characters that can finish entire story mode, and a list of those that can't so we don't have to play story mode with characters that we wont be able to finish it with.

Characters that can finish story mode:

- Craig Marduk
- King
- Lili
- Sergei Dragunov
- Bryan Fury
- Steve Fox
- Eddy Gordo
- Wang Jinrei
- Ganryu
- Bruce Irvin
- Kazuya Mishima

Characters that can't finish story mode (because emulator ends up crashing)

- Armor King (crash after you beat stage 3)
- Heihachi Mishima (crash after you beat stage 5 or 6, can't remember exactly which)
- Panda
- Jack -5 (crash after you beat stage 3)
- Mokujin (crash after you beat stage 3)

I'll be adding more as I find them. Anyone is welcome to post their findings and I'll add them to this post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Hello, how can I see the lifebar without turning off hardware transform?
I'm using v0.9.5-824 on android.
12-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Just beat story mode using Kazuya, only two problems 1:last stage against Jinpachi is just a black screen where you can't see your character or Jinpachi(still beat him.) And 2:can't see the ending but I'm pretty sure all cutscenes for tk5 are like this. It played at a very good pace playing at anywhere from 65%-110% depending on what stage I was on, some play faster then others.

The build I used was ppsspp-v0.9.5-681-g40afbde-android
12-07-2013, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:31 AM by ChrisHateZ.)
(12-07-2013 08:39 AM)QuarterRab Wrote:  Just beat story mode using Kazuya, only two problems 1:last stage against Jinpachi is just a black screen where you can't see your character or Jinpachi(still beat him.) And 2:can't see the ending but I'm pretty sure all cutscenes for tk5 are like this. It played at a very good pace playing at anywhere from 65%-110% depending on what stage I was on, some play faster then others.

The build I used was ppsspp-v0.9.5-681-g40afbde-android

When you get black screen during videos go disable Hardware Transform and you'll be able to watch the video. Once the video is done enable HT again as it increases performance of the game.

As for the black screen during Jinpachi, I did hear people get that issue with multiple characters, so far I haven't gotten that with even one of them. I'll try rushing story mode with Kazuya today and see will I get the black screen in final fight as well.

Ok so I beat the story mode with Kazuya now, I didn't get the black screen during the last fight.

I am playing on Windows though, and you're using android.
12-07-2013, 02:12 PM
The cutscenes don't work with or without HW, and I don't notice a difference in gameplay either it runs fast both ways now which is werid cause I know that wasn't the case a few days ago but I think that could be cause I disabled my phones power saving mode.

Oh and if anyone is having trouble getting the game running at a good speed crank that cpu clock to 1000 it helps a lot(just make sure your phone can handle it first).
12-12-2013, 01:41 PM
This by far is the best/smoothest running fighting game especially with the 9.6 update. Thanks devs.
12-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Defeated story mode using Asuka on Android (running Samsung GT-P1000), and I've encountered the black screen problem as well, though I bypassed that by either turning HW off or switching to Buffered Render mode (I can't remember which.)

Furthermore, I've noticed that some characters (including Asuka) had no story or voiceovers (even text) appearing at their prologues (just a picture of a scene, then if you press x it proceeds to the fight loading screen; no story shown)

Any ideas?
12-22-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll write my settings (that I use for android) here, just in case:
1. Graphics
Buffer: ON
Frameskipping: 2
Everything without mipmapping, HW, deposterize, and timer hack set to ON
2. System
Fast memory and multithread: ON
CPU speed: default
I have something around 18-20 FPS and speed 80-100%. Any advices how to make a little bit faster?

BTW, I can see a movies and HP bars and with HW turned on I have always 20 FPS and 100% speed but ofc I can't see a HP (bars are depleted)

PC: AMD Athlon II X250, GeForce 8600 GT, 2Gb RAM, Win 7 SP1 32bit
Android:
Xperia mini pro 2.3.4
Nexus 7 2012 4.4.x
12-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Same problem here like QuarterRab
I playing on android too
01-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Does anyone knows is there anyone working on fixing the HP bar bug?
01-25-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 12:37 PM by nc50lc.)
Hello, I'm using Android with PowerVR GPU...

I noticed that the "black screen" scenario always happen on a certain background (the one with helicopter)... And on the last stage from other phones. I'm not sure if it is an ISO/CSO problem, But I noticed more people are experiencing same problems.

FTR, the game runs smooth with the latest build unless you want to view the HP bars by disabling HWTransform = slowdown. XD

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
01-30-2014, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 02:29 AM by hax85.)
I'm playing on Windows with v0.9.6-666-gc0d3d9c and finished the story mode with Asuka, Paul and Christie without any problems.
Only thing I had to do was disabling HWTransform because of the hp bars and videos but still runs at 100% without frameskipping. Only a bit choppy and sound stutter during begin and end of fights.
Then I played the story mode with Devil Jin and got a crash before the last stage so I disabled Multithreaded and Fast Memory and tried again. Then I got the same black screen on the last stage like on the screenshot posted by nc50lc.

With Hwoarang it crashes everytime in story mode after stage 3 before the loading screen of stage 4 begins. Tried it several times from the scratch. There must be some event in stage 4 I guess.
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
This game looks amazing and runs smoothly on my gaming laptop. Sure reminds me of the shock of seeing DOA3 for the first time. Highly recommended that even if you have seen all the Tekkens, take a look see at how good this is.
02-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi:

First time posting here, so hello everyone! I've been trying to play Tekken DR; it runs really smooth, full speed while fighting. However, I'm unable to finish the game with any character, because whenever I try fighting Jimpachi, at the "Fight" scene, the screen distorts heavily, making it impossible to play; the effect is like the screen is "melting", like the HUD is looping itself. If I press Start, the menu looks fine, but back to the game it looks distorted. If I exit to the main menu and start another game, it plays fine again, until another instance of the same error. I've managed to fight around 8 characters before this occurs, but sometimes it happens at the first fight, so I can't find a pattern for this error.

I've been fiddling with the settings, to no avail... anyone having the same problem??

BTW, I'm running PPSSPP on my Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110.

Best regards,
Fenhasan
02-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Have you tried going into the pause menu of the game, create a save state at that point, close the game and start a new one, same game load save state to see if problem is still there.

Just an idea.