Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to build for iOS
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: How to build for iOS
I haven't actually tried to update in a while, but I know it didn't used to give an error about the cmake toolchain file. However, the git version part of the cmake operation has nothing to do with the ios cmake toolchain file. Did you try running that git describe command to see what it returned?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2013, 01:46 PM
(09-13-2013 01:25 PM)jtraynham Wrote:  I haven't actually tried to update in a while, but I know it didn't used to give an error about the cmake toolchain file. However, the git version part of the cmake operation has nothing to do with the ios cmake toolchain file. Did you try running that git describe command to see what it returned?

yes I did and it returns the wrong (old) version:
v0.9.1-129-gb07a31f
09-13-2013, 05:21 PM
(09-13-2013 01:46 PM)bsauvage Wrote:  yes I did and it returns the wrong (old) version:
v0.9.1-129-gb07a31f

Okay, are you downloading from a fork of ppsspp, or are you downloading directly from the main ppsspp repository? You do not need to fork the main ppsspp repository unless you plan on actually making changes to the code and submitting them. I'm going to assume you are downloading a fork and so the git describe command is getting the git version from your repository, which is probably not up to date. If this is the case, I would simply delete everything you have and clone the main ppsspp repository.

If however you are making changes, or planning on making changes to the source, then perhaps you simply need to do a git rebase as described here:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...up-to-date

HTH
09-13-2013, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 11:08 PM by bsauvage.)
(09-13-2013 05:21 PM)jtraynham Wrote:  
(09-13-2013 01:46 PM)bsauvage Wrote:  yes I did and it returns the wrong (old) version:
v0.9.1-129-gb07a31f

Okay, are you downloading from a fork of ppsspp, or are you downloading directly from the main ppsspp repository? You do not need to fork the main ppsspp repository unless you plan on actually making changes to the code and submitting them. I'm going to assume you are downloading a fork and so the git describe command is getting the git version from your repository, which is probably not up to date. If this is the case, I would simply delete everything you have and clone the main ppsspp repository.

If however you are making changes, or planning on making changes to the source, then perhaps you simply need to do a git rebase as described here:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...up-to-date

HTH

yes that was it!

So to be clear: replace the git submodule --update by the commands listed in the rebase. Then rum cmake.

Alternatively, if i want to simply download from the main repository, how would I change the procedure in the below link ?
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/tree/master/ios

and finally it now gives me an error at the end: A system application with the given bundle identifier is already installed on the device and cannot be replaced.
-> how can I change the identifier/name/whatever, so that this is ot recognized like angelxwind's build but a separate app ? (first time I face this...)
10-11-2013, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 06:29 AM by pandy.)
Wink RE: How to build for iOS
When i build ppsspp in the Xcode5, but it build failed.

The error message is Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool failed with exit code 1

can you help me what's missing/what i'm doing wrong?

Attached File(s)
.doc  build.doc (Size: 56.5 KB / Downloads: 784)
02-02-2014, 05:32 AM
I've followed the below trick by angelXwind:
Install this: http://iosopendev.com/download/
Make sure Code-signing is OFF in the xcodeproj.
Make sure you've pulled all submodules.
Also, try running "iod-setup sdk" after installing iOSOpenDev.
Xcode 5 kinda shuffled some things around, so it's not the same anymore.

Now, after having rebased the code and done the 'cmake', the build fails with the below error:
No architectures to compile for (ARCHS=armv7, VALID_ARCHS=i386 x86_64).
02-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Well, I was asked to introduce how to build and debug with xcode 5. In fact, I think it could be easy and not easy. depends on if you have a developper certificate or a hacking method without certificate. I indeed use the later one, but it's not a one word to make it down, and a long story to explain what to do. Anyway, if you still want to know the method, I can give you a tutor as: http://bob-zhangyong.blog.163.com/blog/s...55551277/, but it is written in chinese.

My configuration is almost the same, and fortunately, there are most of figures and easy to understand. I suggest you use google translation to read it first.

Once you made xcode down. Build the projet is easy. In brief,
1. In PPSSPP folder, type
> ./b.sh --ios
2. Using xcode to open the project in build-ios folder
3. Choose debug mode in xcode on the target PPSSPP if you want debug, set code-signing of the Debug mode to "iPhone Developper", connect to your device, build and debug.

If you are missing some libs, for me, it's "stdlib", just add it to your link libs. Good luck!
05-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Did you install the iOS SDK? I don't think it comes with Xcode, you have to download it separately. I don't remember, it may require an iOS Developer Program membership...

-[Unknown]
05-23-2016, 09:33 PM
(05-23-2016 04:16 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Did you install the iOS SDK? I don't think it comes with Xcode, you have to download it separately. I don't remember, it may require an iOS Developer Program membership...

-[Unknown]

Finally got it working on my iPad, i just needed to modify the cmake file.