Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
unable to save ingame: monster hunter freedom unite.
08-23-2013, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 04:53 AM by darkslayer666.)
unable to save ingame: monster hunter freedom unite.
I've been playing mhfu on ppsspp v0.8.1 (windows) for awhile now. Everything was running smooth and all of a sudden I get this message when I want to save ingame. It reads "the memory stick duo used to start the game is not inserted. Please insert the memory stick duo used to start this game". And this has forced me to stick to save states. And since v0.9.1 is out I doubt the save states would be compatible with the updated version. I would appreciate it if someone could guide me in the right direction and help me fix this issue. Thank you. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: unable to save ingame: monster hunter freedom unite.
I had a similar issue with Portable 3rdHD while messing with saves. Be aware that this could not work with unite, but I'll post it anyway. First: backup both savedata and savestate folder from the emu in order to lose/corrupt savegames, load your game as usual, when you attempt to save and that message pop ups, if it ask to delete the save, do it, and it should ask you to save again on a new slot.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-23-2013, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the quick response, and I did try that. When I load the save file as usual it saves normally, and it screws up when I load the save state. But never have I come across a message where it asks me if I wanted to delete the save.
08-23-2013, 05:56 AM
I see. I wonder which is the cause behind the save corruption. I made some tests but with not success. Let me ask you one thing: When you load your in game save, can you save in-game instead of loading the savestate?

08-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah, when load the ingame save file, the game let's me save. It's when I load the save state and try to save, that message pops up.
08-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Ah I see, you can't do too much then, you have to choose between using the in game save or continue relying on savestate. In all honestly, if I were you I would ditch the latter for a plenty of reasons, like being likely unable to load the savestate on a newer build, and a bunch of bugs that can pop up (like the one you are experiencing first hand).

08-23-2013, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 02:01 PM by darkslayer666.)
Yeah, I guess I'll be using a lot more ingame saves then. Thank you for your time Smile
08-23-2013, 03:25 PM
I tested ppsspp-v0.9.1-60-g06a2d94-windows-x86 and I have no problem about loading and saving in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-24-2013, 02:29 PM
That's progress, but hopefully there will be a way to transfer save states to newer versions. I've made considerable progress on mhfu and it's, well in the form of save states and I don't want to lose all that progress.
08-24-2013, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2013 02:31 PM by TheDax.)
Just make an in-game save and move onward to a new build, then proceed to make new save states as you like after loading your in-game save. The format for save states changes often, so it'd be almost impossible to guarantee any given save state would work with any given newer build.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Okay, thanks for your help everyone. Smile
09-28-2016, 12:26 PM
is there a way to convert save states to in-game saves?
i can't put dlc to save states, or is there a way to put dlc to save states

sorry fo graavediggig
10-14-2016, 01:56 PM
(09-28-2016 12:26 PM)hannibal Wrote:  is there a way to convert save states to in-game saves?
i can't put dlc to save states, or is there a way to put dlc to save states

sorry fo graavediggig

No, it is not possible. If you think about it you will understand why not.
A normal save is the save structure the psp is using on the memorystick to store information for the game to load. A saved state is like everything that is running right now put into a file with another format than a savedata from the psp.
It's hard to explain myself but it makes sense if you think how a system is working to store data and later load the data back to a working condition.
12-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Memory occupied problem while saving the state of MHFU plz help me...
08-02-2018, 02:53 AM
I have the same issues i cant save in-game when i load savestates, help. Im playing ppsspp in Android