Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Boxer's Road 2 The Real ULJM05125
08-19-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 06:58 PM by Tabman.)
Boxer's Road 2 The Real ULJM05125
Title: Boxer's Road 2 The Real
Disc ID: ULJM05125
Genre: Sport, Boxing
Region: Japan
Format: ISO
Version: PPSSPP 0.9.1-185 x64 (x86 not tested)
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: Textures sometimes seems to have the wrong shade (pictures 2, head and body of the boxer are different) .
Sometimes roman text seems to have the wrong size; not always though (see picture 5).
Otherwise, it now seems to be playable.

OLD (unplayable) Log file:
.zip  BoxersRoad2.zip (Size: 2.07 KB / Downloads: 1643)
NEW (playable) Log File:
.zip  BoxersRoadX64_Log2.zip (Size: 194.4 KB / Downloads: 2711)

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: Boxer's Road 2 The Real ULJM05125
Good game!!! Fix game please!!!!
Find all posts by this user
08-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Boxing, stop begging for fixes. It doesn't make anyone more enthusiastic about fixing your particular game.
08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Friends forgive me! I did not want to offend anyone! I just wanted to draw attention to these games. Just this favorite games! Really want to play in them. I am very grateful to all the people who help in the development of the emulator! Thank you very much! Again sorry!
08-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Updated first post.

Please move to the Playable forum if you find the time.
Thanks and hugs Heart

I'm sorry, but I can't constantly keep an eye on all the game compatibility threads I started.
Please send a Private Message if you need some more information.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Moved to Playable
03-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Game Suddenly Speeds Up Twice As Much At Certain Times
Hi there! I've been looking for an answer to my little problem, and although I've tried what answers I've found on this forum and google, none of them worked for me.

Game: Boxer's Road 2 The Real
Played On: PC (i7 3770k, 16 GB RAM, Dual GTX 660, Windows 8)
PPSSPP Version: 0.9.7.2

Problem:

Normal Speed:

[Image: INyNFMU.jpg?1]

- The game suddenly increases its speed up to twice as much if you are playing in Boxer's Road/Career Mode whenever you reach Round 2 of an actual fight.

Suddenly Problematic Double Speed:

[Image: EWC9CKz.jpg?1]

- What specifically happens is after Round 1, you will see your boxer being treated by your cutman. At this point, I checked the fps and the percentage display, they show 30/30 (100%).

- When your opponent boxer is shown and Round 2 begins, the fps and percentage suddenly show 60/60 (100%).

- The double speed problem persists until you finish the fight. When you get back to the training screen, the speed goes back to normal 30/30 (100%). When you begin a new match, Round 1 is also back to the normal 30/30 (100%) speed, until Round 2 begins and then it's 60/60 (100%) once more.

Boxer's Road 2 is actually a very playable game that seems that it "should" be running at 30/30 (100%). The only problem is that it goes to 60/60 (100%) speed whenever Round 2 begins. It's a strange problem.

What I've done so far as a temporary fix is that I toggle my Alternate Speed whenever Round 2 starts (which is 50% to slow things down to normal). The unfortunate side effect is that the audio also slows down while the action looks normal.

Another thing I tried is I changed the ppsspp.ini file to try and make it only go up to 30 fps (the framerate and max) but that didn't seem to work. Maybe there are other things I should change to force the game to only go up to 30/30 (100%)?

Is there a better solution to this?

Thanks in advance!
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 02:55 PM by vnctdj.)
Merged.

That's strange, the game shouldn't speed up if the speed remains 100%...
The fact that you get 60 FPS shouldn't change the speed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Yeah it's very strange. Only the first round runs at 30/30 (100%) which is practically how another mode like the sparring sessions run perfectly at (sparring doesn't have the cutman scene) but the moment the second round begins in an actual match (not sparring) everything becomes double speed that it feels like I'm playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and this game is supposed to be a boxing simulation without turbo effects.

I wonder why it does this lol!
03-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Tested On: PPSSPP 0.9.8 for Windows

New Problem:
When in Boxer's Road/Career Mode, if you or your opponent don't get knocked out and the fight goes to the judges' scorecards, the game will CRASH.Sad
03-31-2014, 12:15 AM
Finally figured out how to make these log files. I made 3 log files where the 3 crashes I've experienced happened. I'll try to give as much information as possible.

System:
i7 3770k 3.5GHz
32GB RAM
Dual GTX 660 2GB
Win 8 Classic Shell

PPSSPP 0.9.8

00 and 01 - Crash After Weighin

In the game, before a boxing match starts, you need to make it to the proper weight first. When the day to weigh your character arrives, the game just crashes after it tells you whether you succeeded or not.

During these two attempts (which crashed), the cpu clock in the options was set to 0.

02 - Judges Decision Crash

To escape the weighin crash, I set the cpu clock in the options to 222. That seems to let me get to the main fight most of the time.

If you ever get past the weighin crash, there's another part of the game where you can crash. If you fight your opponent and nobody gets knocked out, then it will be the time for the judges to declare a winner. Before the scorecards are shown on screen, the game would just freeze and nothing would happen.

Other Issues:

- In Boxer's Road/Career Mode, Round 1 will always be at 30/30 fps (100%) which is the normal speed of the game. From Round 2 till the end of the fight, the game speeds up to 60/60 fps (100%). Normal speed of 30/30 fps (100%) returns once you start a new fight, but speeds up again once you get to the second round and beyond.

- This speed up problem only happens in Boxer's Road/Career Mode. It doesn't happen during sparring sessions, exhibition matches, or arcade mode.

- I suspect that this speed up issue has something to do when the cutman (the guy who fixes up your face) appears between rounds in Boxer's Road/Career Mode. This is the only time he appears in an actual fight. In other gameplay modes, he doesn't appear and everything is normal speed.

Attached File(s)
.txt  00-ppsspplogBR2-CrashAfterWeighin.txt (Size: 34.02 KB / Downloads: 1222)
.txt  01-ppsspplogBR2-CrashAfterWeighin2.txt (Size: 25.87 KB / Downloads: 1156)
.txt  02-ppsspplogBR2-JudgesDecisionCRASH.txt (Size: 79.07 KB / Downloads: 1113)
04-03-2014, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 04:49 PM by vnctdj.)
HI there Im a newbie here if i downloaded the game BoxersRoadX64_Log2 thus the Log2 is the game already? thanks if anyone would reply =)
by the way its for android..

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
09-09-2017, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 03:22 PM by RedSawn.)
Well, just found out today that setting the emulated CPU clock to 60Mhz fixes the speed issue after the first round of a fight in the Boxer's Road mode. It's a catch 22 though, as fights will suffer from the same slowdown they do on the actual hardware, which is to say around 22~26 FPS on a 30 FPS limit. You have to choose between rock solid performance and the game emulating correctly, unless there's some sort of hack setting to get around that (It should be said that Arcade and Exhibition doesn't have the same issue, so go nuts there with clock). It's certainly not a system bottleneck or emulation error, as you can replicate the exact same conditions and round speed issue on an actual PSP by using CFW to adjust the CPU clock.

Other then that, yeah, 60Mhz and a PSP font pack and it looks and runs like the real thing. Playing on v1.4.2 on my PC
07-03-2020, 12:04 PM
(09-09-2017 10:24 PM)RedSawn Wrote:  Well, just found out today that setting the emulated CPU clock to 60Mhz fixes the speed issue after the first round of a fight in the Boxer's Road mode. It's a catch 22 though, as fights will suffer from the same slowdown they do on the actual hardware, which is to say around 22~26 FPS on a 30 FPS limit. You have to choose between rock solid performance and the game emulating correctly, unless there's some sort of hack setting to get around that (It should be said that Arcade and Exhibition doesn't have the same issue, so go nuts there with clock). It's certainly not a system bottleneck or emulation error, as you can replicate the exact same conditions and round speed issue on an actual PSP by using CFW to adjust the CPU clock.

Other then that, yeah, 60Mhz and a PSP font pack and it looks and runs like the real thing. Playing on v1.4.2 on my PC

Thank you for sharing the solution. It works for me and others do too!

I made a video to show how to do in PPSSPP as you advise way to go

here >>> https://youtu.be/Oe3Hs1j2nR8

Again, much appreciated to you!
08-29-2020, 10:23 AM
I have a problem in Boxers Road Career whenever my the fight goes round 2 or decision after the fight when you talk to the president it suddenly crashes.
I don't know how to fix it i tried the 60mhz cpu clock but doesn't work.

How to put the Log file in Android. I hope someone can answer me

Thanks