Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Idolm@ster SP: Wandering Star
08-18-2013, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 02:30 PM by vnctdj.)
The Idolm@ster SP: Wandering Star
Trying to get this to work on my Galaxy Note 2.

Results -

Starting menu screen is black unless Buffered Rendering is turned on.

Game seems to run fine for most part, noisy audio and frame rate during the first audition. Turning off buffered rendering and having frameskip fixes this.

Graphics simply freeze if both buffered rendering and frameskip are turned on.

After the first audition, game just whitescreens and I can no longer proceed.

Apparently the other two versions seem to work fine? Maybe I should check them out to see if I get the same problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Trying to load save data from PSP on PPSSPP 0.9.8
I need to load a save data on PPSSPP 0.9.8 but it gives this error code: 80110306
It loads fine in later versions though.
The game in questing is the Idolma@ster Wandering Star
07-18-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Trying to load save data from PSP on PPSSPP 0.9.8
Most likely you are playing a hacked game which was modified to be compatible with older PSP firmware. Around those versions, PPSSPP was changed to save in a way that more properly matched actual PSPs.

There are a few options:
1. You can try the original (unhacked) game. It may load the data properly.
2. You can try creating a savestate in the game and loading it in the new version, then saving.

-[Unknown]
07-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Or maybe
1.If you don't have custom settings for the game,open the file ppsspp.ini in the "later versions folder"\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM and set SetRoundingMode(not sure if this is needed in this case)and EncryptSave to false and save
2.Start the game in the "later versions",load your save and save
3.Copy\Move the modified save to 0.9.8 and try again

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-19-2015, 01:49 AM
(07-18-2015 10:05 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Or maybe
1.If you don't have custom settings for the game,open the file ppsspp.ini in the "later versions folder"\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM and set SetRoundingMode(not sure if this is needed in this case)and EncryptSave to false and save
2.Start the game in the "later versions",load your save and save
3.Copy\Move the modified save to 0.9.8 and try again

Well, that didn't work :/

(07-18-2015 08:08 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Most likely you are playing a hacked game which was modified to be compatible with older PSP firmware. Around those versions, PPSSPP was changed to save in a way that more properly matched actual PSPs.

There are a few options:
1. You can try the original (unhacked) game. It may load the data properly.
2. You can try creating a savestate in the game and loading it in the new version, then saving.

-[Unknown]

The game has an English patch applied it, so I guess it's hacked. In fact, it's a partial patch, I intend to run the game and use a text hooker, ITH VNR Engine, so I can extract and read the untranslated portion of the game with text in Japanese, but this only works with the 0.9.8 version, at least for games with Bandai (?) engine. It depends on the game with what PPSSPP version the text hooker works. Guess I could try an untranslated version of the game, but I might as well start a new game to play the untranslated portion of the game, I only want to load my data to keep my previous achievements.

The save state thing didn't work. I can load a save state from 1.0.1, it'll load on 0.9.8 but only if the save state is made before getting to the load data screen in the game.
07-19-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: The Idolm@ster SP: Wandering Star
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-19-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: The Idolm@ster SP: Wandering Star
Oh, I thought you meant you're trying to load old savedata in a new PPSSPP version. Sounds like, instead, you're trying to use an old PPSSPP version to load savedata. Yep, that won't work.

-[Unknown]