Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Henrik, please put some warnings on Google Play.
08-12-2013, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 12:46 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Henrik, please put some warnings on Google Play.
I saw many complaints from users of bricks and forced reboot on their devices. Most of them, ARMv6 devices (devices not Adreno / Mali / PowerVR / Tegra). The problem is that many of them use Buffer Rendering on GPUs do not support that, and just restarting the phone. Another reason is that the PPSSPP only works on some Custom ROMs, other will brick the device. Many have said they will sue the developers, one that he was going to sue for "false advertising". Please put a warning in the description of the app, or remove support for ARMv6 on Google Play. Notices can be like these:

* Disable the Buffer Rendering for devices with no GPU Adreno / Mali / PowerVR / Tegra.

* This application may not work correctly on ARMv6 devices, can cause "brick" depending on your kernel. Usage is at your own risk.

Other warnings like:

* This application is being tested and may not work with your favorite game.

* Games must be obtained legally, developers are not responsible for any act of piracy by the user.

Could also have some links to the forum, so the user has the necessary support. Also a link to the compatibility list: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1473

Thank you.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Henrik, please put some warnings on Google Play.
(08-12-2013 12:27 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I saw many complaints from users of bricks and forced reboot on their devices. Most of them, ARMv6 devices (devices not Adreno / Mali / PowerVR / Tegra). The problem is that many of them use Buffer Rendering on GPUs do not support that, and just restarting the phone. Another reason is that the PPSSPP only works on some Custom ROMs, other will brick the device. Many have said they will sue the developers, one that he was going to sue for "false advertising". Please put a warning in the description of the app, or remove support for ARMv6 on Google Play. Notices can be like these:

* Disable the Buffer Rendering for devices with no GPU Adreno / Mali / PowerVR / Tegra.

* This application may not work correctly on ARMv6 devices, can cause "brick" depending on your kernel. Usage is at your own risk.

Other warnings like:

* This application is being tested and may not work with your favorite game.

* Games must be obtained legally, developers are not responsible for any act of piracy by the user.

Could also have some links to the forum, so the user has the necessary support. Tambéum a link to the compatibility list: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1473

Thank you.

yeah I think that will help a little,there's many new user out there and some people does'nt exactly understand the exact requirement/setting for their device,also some don't really care about the setting and complaint that the ppsspp not working.anyways just put some detail will let them know what they need to do.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I added a quick note about ARMv6-devices, not sure what else I can do really.
08-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I could default the emu to non-buffered on ARMv6 I guess, that might help a little.
08-12-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 01:52 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Thank you, Henrik! I think it will help alot.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I have Bought a Smartphone from china, it has a CPU MTK 6589T and a GPU PowerVR SGX544M , the phone has not arived yet, but i can use ppsspp without problem?
08-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Your PowerVR can run without problem Wink

08-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Henrik, you could put some tips on Google Play to run games in good speed, like explains how to work the "Change CPU Clock" or put the best settings to use. Many people complain of low speed, but after that come what are the best settings, can emulate best, and praise the emulator. This happens a lot on my site for tips, and here in the forum too.

08-22-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 08:51 PM by radiske.)
I can see you're brazilian, Guilherme. My name's Guilherme too, hehe.

Tudo beleza? (everything alright?)

The thing about bad comments on Google Play it's not only that they don't have a proper device to run it(in fact it is), but they don't ACCEPT that their device don't run it properly. You know man, everysingle app on PlayStore has shitty comments by brazilians that don't have the patience to read something OR to be smart enough to recognize that their phones don't have the power to handle it.

If the app really crashes some phones, well, that's a problem and it should be a huge warning saying that this can happen to some phones, but, man... almost 90% of brazilians just say things like "my friend said it's garbage! his phone exploded, bla bla bla".

I'm not proud of that, im brazilian and our people simply RUIN everything that we have the chance to put our hands on the internet. I guess you know what i'm talking about, hehe.

I've tried to spread the word about the emulator at the UOL, one of the biggest gaming forum of the world and a guy just said "Dude, did you see that comments on playstore? Man, i don't wanna risk my phone on this, hell no!" and i was like "WHAT?! C'mon!"
08-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi, man. Is nice see another brazilian here! Smile

What you said is really. The most brazilians are a disgrace in everything.

But the problems not happen only in low-end smartphones, it happen also in high-end devices (Galaxy S3, S4, etc.). But I think it happen only in custom ROMs, unfortunately we don't know if is in official or Custom ROM, because nobody says it. Others give bad ratings just because they don't know how to get games.

Sometime I think that I born in wrong country

08-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey, lol Tongue. Let's not speak about the bad things of our country. It have many good things, and we know that. Every country have bad and good things. Okay, some brazilians are a bit lazy, but exist great people here, and are much important in all world. Smile

Talking about the real discussion of this topic: The brazilians aren't the only ones, every country have peoples with this problems, and gives bad rating. But most part understands that the emulator is BETA, and isn't perfect. I think that PPSSPP should be not supported to ARMv6 devices on Google Play, at least when is unstable. If anyone download it out, will know that will not run good...