Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Information RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(08-17-2014 07:19 PM)reno911unlocred Wrote:  That is more what i wanted to hear. So i have no other option to wait and see if it gets any better. Does the Flat Out game can run fine on this phone? Or i don't even bother downloading it.
As for Flat Out, well it runs great on my PC, but not so fast on my Android Tablet, even though that's also Quad core.
A bit of advice my friend, don't mention you download the games, on this forum as you will be banned.
Please read the FAQ found here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/announcements.php?aid=4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
If those are the rules those are the rules, but how else is anybody going to play them if not downloading them? Besides I own them physically but I no longer have mi psp slim and just sold my vita so, nothing "ilegal" there

Anyway thanks for the help.
08-18-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
If you want to get legit games, read this: http://www.ppsspp.org/faq.html
OR you can place your PSN-bought .eboot game to your system. That works, too!

Whether you really own the game or not, simply mentioning that you downloaded the game can be taken by others as, "It's okay to illegally download games, you should do it, too!"

Which this forums is strictly against. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
08-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Well, nice you tell me, and I will not even post again but thanks.
09-05-2014, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 06:36 PM by farahjr.)
(08-01-2013 09:31 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  17. Turn ON Multithreaded(MT). That's right folks, with this highly experimental function enabled, PPSSPP will finally use more than one core of your CPU. Performance gains will vary from game to game (minor to greatly increased Speed), and since this is still being tested, not every game will be happy with it for now. If a game isn't happy with it, just make a note and disable MT for it for now.

Unfortunetely some android devices do not get full core usage. I'm on Nexus 5 and i have some games that i can't play with this configuration. I already figured out that my phone is only using two cores of the 2.2 Ghz processor. I have sure that It would be playable if I am able to triger the other cores. Do You have any clue about how to do that? Or if there is something coming to fix it?

(08-18-2014 01:13 PM)barbanium Wrote:  If you want to get legit games, read this: http://www.ppsspp.org/faq.html
OR you can place your PSN-bought .eboot game to your system. That works, too!

Whether you really own the game or not, simply mentioning that you downloaded the game can be taken by others as, "It's okay to illegally download games, you should do it, too!"

Which this forums is strictly against. Big Grin

I don't know where in the earth when i say that I downloaded something it means that piracy is Ok. The forum is against piracy or against downloading it? If I own the game upload it and download it again for example tecnically downloading something doesn't mean i don't own it.

I have tons of CD's lost on the decades and i surely downloaded all then again after I lost then all. Also i already had a saturn and I see no problem redownloading everything i loose because of the time.

THe point is i just want to know if i say"I downloaded something" on this forum will be against the forum law or I must say that I downloades something that i have no rights will?
09-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Hi guys, what is the best ppsspp version for tekken 6?
Curently im using 0.9.9.1, max fps&speed i got is 25/100, but it will decrease at 18/79 when facing Lars(1p outfit) and stage with breakable floor
i heard that previous version have better performance than latest version, my device is coolpad f1 octacore 2gb ram
sorry for my bad english Smile thx
09-15-2014, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 09:56 PM by fivefeet8.)
(08-08-2014 05:49 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Also, Peace Walker and MHP 3rd (one thing you could try for MHP 3rd is turning OFF software skinning, that tends to hurt its speed a lot) are both pretty demanding compared to a number of other games, so it's possible no mobile device can really run them well (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I tend to test more on the PC side of things, as my tablet is much too old to really run games with any realistically high speeds..).

Peace Walker runs full speed without any frameskipping on my Shield Tablet with FXAA and 4xNative Resolution. That's one mobile device I guess. Wink

(08-07-2014 08:58 PM)DRain89 Wrote:  I've seen videos of an Xperia with a 1.5GHz quad core and I have a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 with an Adreno 330. It's just certain games, Monster Hunter 3 and Peace Walker are the worst, Crisis Core runs well, Initial D runs OK. I just would expect pretty amazing performance out of this phone.

Many of the videos you see of PPSSPP running on mobile devices have frameskipping enabled to get full speed. My Note3 with the Adreno 330 is only full speed in a few games all the time without frameskipping. Adreno devices have comparatively horrid driver overhead to Nvidia Tegra devices.

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmar...%29&cols=2

Look at the driver overhead benchmarks. The S5(2014) gets pummelled in driver overhead compared to a Tegra 4(2013) device even though it beats it in everything else.
09-16-2014, 08:10 AM
The Shield is a pretty high end device, so I'm not surprised. I was referring more towards mid-range to low-end devices, which a lot of users on this forum tend to have (as evident when they complain about bad speed and such).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
(09-16-2014 08:10 AM)TheDax Wrote:  The Shield is a pretty high end device, so I'm not surprised. I was referring more towards mid-range to low-end devices, which a lot of users on this forum tend to have (as evident when they complain about bad speed and such).

Suprisingly, there are far more expensive tablets on the market that get no where near the speed of the Shield Tablet in gaming. It's got pretty high end hardware, but it's only a bit above middle in price range. I would consider the Samsung Galaxy S5 as a high end device as well, but it's opengl performance is comparatively lacking.
10-28-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, snapdragon devices still underperforms quite a bit conpared to other SoC of the same class when it comes to ppssp.

My LG G2 has comparable performance to my iphone 5s in native games (except for very heavy ones in which my 5s leaves my g2) but underperforms quite badly in ppsspp.

Horrible drivers plus horrid neon performance... Sigh qualcomm.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Is there a way to speed up Metal Slug Complete ( JP ) on Sony Xperia LT26ii?
11-16-2014, 12:42 PM
(11-11-2014 12:00 PM)Eckirion Wrote:  Is there a way to speed up Metal Slug Complete ( JP ) on Sony Xperia LT26ii?

Have you tried all of the things in the OP?

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
12-07-2014, 03:50 AM
(04-23-2014 05:39 PM)eaglearcher Wrote:  I felt so dumb. I recently just switched from Galaxy S4 to S5 and was wondering why the hell was it so laggy to the point of unplayable. I struggled for the whole week, tweaking settings here and there. It's not limited to PPSSPP also, a lot of apps were laggign hard.

Turn out... all I needed to do was turned Force GPU Rendering on at the phone's Developer Option. GPU Rendering wasn't default on T-Mobile S5. Jesus, lol. Now it's consistently 30-60 fps.

Hey if your still actively using ppsspp can you tell me what your settings are for the galaxy s5. I can't for the life of me get it running smoothly.
12-10-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 11:22 AM by tech freak.)
should we enable the software rendering

how to do a three key combo as in android we can only do two touches at a time plzzzplzzz help
12-12-2014, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 11:11 AM by nc50lc.)
No, you'll end up getting 0.1-1fps

Multitouch Depends on your Android phone itself. Maybe your phone only supports 2. Most mid-devices nowadays supports up to 5.
If that's not the case. Use in-between-press, just edit your on-screen buttons (Mostly for Action Buttons), make them adjacent with each other so you can hit two at the same time. Then, 1more finger for the third button.

Just like this:
The / X / O / Triangle / Square / Buttons
[Image: attachment.php?aid=13184]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3