Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Video] How To Use Cheats On PPSSPP
08-09-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: [Video] How To Use Cheats On PPSSPP
michellefland, stop posting the same thing everywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 03:17 PM by michellefland.)
(08-09-2013 10:29 AM)Henrik Wrote:  michellefland, stop posting the same thing everywhere.

but I just wanted to know what is the new format for the cheat code with all latest ppsspp version ?
08-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi all,I'm new I followed these steps and I got the codes working last night,but I'm doing the same thing I did last night and the codes arn't working today,how can i solve this
08-27-2013, 04:30 AM
sorry but where u get code from.....?????
08-27-2013, 05:08 AM
(08-27-2013 04:30 AM)Handy Wrote:  sorry but where u get code from.....?????

From the heavens~
08-27-2013, 12:34 PM
(08-27-2013 05:08 AM)Razorback Wrote:  
(08-27-2013 04:30 AM)Handy Wrote:  sorry but where u get code from.....?????

From the heavens~

realy ????Huh
cus i already found it....... Big GrinTongue
08-30-2013, 09:43 PM
i follow every step but the cheats won't go Sad
09-01-2013, 02:21 AM
hi,im new here.
just wanna ask if. cheats works on android ppsspp? and how?
tnx.

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
09-01-2013, 03:31 AM
@Notabot

You should probably give an update to the main post for the newcomers, since the UI changed quite a bit.
And yes, Android cheats work. Check my CWcheat thread.
09-06-2013, 01:43 AM
Can someone help me with enabling cheats ive followed every step seen all the videos just wont work !!
09-07-2013, 10:20 AM
(09-06-2013 01:43 AM)sxycheer619 Wrote:  Can someone help me with enabling cheats ive followed every step seen all the videos just wont work !!

The 'easiest to miss' step for an Android setup is that you have to create the "cheats" folder yourself using some file handling tool, which is never needed on a PC (there the emulator creates the folder automatically, as will probably be done in future Android versions too).

So you need to have some file handling tool on your Android device (I use the "ES File Explorer/Manager" on all my Android devices), and use this to find the "PSP" folder in your sdcard, and there create a subfolder named "cheats".

After this you can use the game settings menu of PPSSPP to set the global "Enable Cheats" flag. Don't try to make any test runs with that flag set before you've created the subfolder, as it will crash on running any game then.

That subfolder is where you can then place downloaded cheat files, both in the "cheat.db" format and in the PPSSPP ".ini" format for specific games. This is also where the emulator will place new such ".ini" files of games for which you use the in-game command "Import Cheats".

Once you have some game specific cheats installed (either way), you can use the in-game menu of PPSSPP to activate or deactivate cheats, within certain limits. Some cheats modify a game's program code dynamically, and such cheats may not work as expected, unless they are already in the correct activation state (in the .ini file) before the game is launched. This is because some emulation code is dynamically 'compiled' only at launch time, but not every time you modify a cheat selection in-game. This behaviour may change in future versions, but for the present program-modifying cheats can not be enabled/disabled in-game as freely as normal cheat codes (ie: those affecting only data space of the game program).

Best regards: dlanor
09-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reply im using Windows though....:-( I enable the cheats place the codes in the ini file then reload them ... nothing happens:-(
09-11-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 11:36 AM by Nyrotax.)
Update this for v.0.9.1, please.

Edit: I know how it works now.
09-13-2013, 08:17 AM
(09-07-2013 03:18 PM)sxycheer619 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply im using Windows though....:-( I enable the cheats place the codes in the ini file then reload them ... nothing happens:-(

You didn't mention which PPSSPP version you're using, and that matters greatly for cheat functionality.

Several beta versions ago I had a problem very similar to yours, in using the Windows version of PPSSPP, though I had installed everything perfectly. And by everything I do mean everything including both a global "cheat.db" and various separate cheat ".ini" files for the games I tested cheats with.

But i got no response whatever to the cheats in-game, even though I knew that PPSSPP recognized the cheat files as valid (letting me enable/disable individual cheats in the in-game menus).

The reason turned out to be an incomplete implementation of the cheat activation interface. I normally exited from the in-game menus simply by pressing the 'Esc' key, but the "Cheats" menu would not save the changes when exited that way. It only saved results when exited by using the on-screen "Back" button. And that was the sole cause of my problems !!!

That bug has been fixed in recent beta versions, so that changes made in the "Cheats" menu in-game are saved when you exit that menu by any means (except crashing the PC of course Big Grin).

Best regards: dlanor
09-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Ill try that see if it works but im using the latest version 9.1