Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Valkyria Chronicles II
06-30-2013, 05:57 AM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles II
(06-30-2013 05:50 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Missing textures may be caused by the 2x textures. Try turning it off and see if it still happens. If the emulator runs out of VRAM, it may show black boxes.

I'll have to test this more at some point, I thought sound effects kept working...

-[Unknown]

Disabling 2x tex did indeed give Anisette her head back, thanks a lot that was getting really spooky. As for the sounds, all sounds that actually work, work as intended for the entire time I play. Cutscene audio does not work at all. When I said the audio went haywire during the Day's Events dialog I meant it got really stuttery and almost sounded like I was using frameskip on a really bad Gameboy Color emulator, which may be a result of the slowdown that scene generates rather than the cause.

As usual, don't hesitate to advise me of any additional data I can provide to help with this.

"Lanseal's bell has tolled! Squad G, move out!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 07:12 AM
When you say "Day's Events" do you mean the "Yearbook" in Avan's Room, or "today's news" after you complete a battle?

-[Unknown]
06-30-2013, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 07:22 AM by Brilanchery.)
(06-30-2013 07:12 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  When you say "Day's Events" do you mean the "Yearbook" in Avan's Room, or "today's news" after you complete a battle?

-[Unknown]

I'm pretty sure I mean Today's News, I think. I'll play through a scenario real quick and make sure that's the one, though.

Edit: Here is an example of the scene that causes issues.. this scene hasn't given me problems since I changed the textures back. That aside, the sound still doesn't work in cinematics.

Super Edit: I changed the textures back to 2x and this particular Day's News still didn't have slowdown or audio stuttering.. odd. I might wonder if playing through the first missions again both with and without the 2x textures would yield different results.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Hmm, well, I know even 2x can definitely be a lot slower in some areas, depending on your video card specs.

I don't use the ATRAC3+ plugin so I don't have that music either.

-[Unknown]
06-30-2013, 11:12 AM
I've managed to narrow it down. The slowdown only occurs in the News scenes that also use the school bells sound effect. At that point sound gets all gargle-warbly and I lose a good chunk of FPS.

Also I've noticed a few minor visual bugs that I figure are unrelated but:
Pairs of numbers seem to switch rapidly between their correct value and that of the other pair (For example the amount of experience and money you have as a squad could be 50xp and 1445dol and those two values would have a frame or two where they are each the other's value. This also occurs with the active unit's current and maximum hp while under fire.)
Dialog boxes during events will sometimes be misshapen until the currently scrolling text ceases scrolling at which time the dialog box will snap to the correct shape.

My testing has been inconclusive regarding whether or not this is an issue with my particular configuration & setup, or a problem with my machine. I can provide further details if my descriptions were not adequate.

06-30-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 06:18 PM by [Unknown].)
The numbers are either vertex or texture caching. It happens with text in the Japanese version too. Dialog boxes are definitely vertex caching.

About the school bells - did it only play them when advancing the story or something? I never really noticed. If you have a savegame right before them (e.g. need to kill one more enemy and flip through some dialogs), that'd be helpful.

-[Unknown]
07-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Just a heads up, there is a save game on Gamefaqs that has almost all of the passwords unlocked.
07-01-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 01:27 PM by Brilanchery.)
(06-30-2013 06:17 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The numbers are either vertex or texture caching. It happens with text in the Japanese version too. Dialog boxes are definitely vertex caching.

About the school bells - did it only play them when advancing the story or something? I never really noticed. If you have a savegame right before them (e.g. need to kill one more enemy and flip through some dialogs), that'd be helpful.

-[Unknown]

Vertex caching.. I don't know what that means but at least you have it figured out. As for the school bells playing, that happens at the News screen almost every time the screen is shown directly after sleeping to progress to the next day.

(06-29-2013 11:07 AM)Hurrfdurrf22 Wrote:  This game is fully playable, only problem I have is that in every mission I only have soundeffects for the first few guys I move, after a while you dont hear gunshots/reloads anymore (while BGM is still working fine)

Any idea what could cause SFX to go missing ?
I dont have anything enabled except for ignore illegal writes/reads

In other news I've isolated what causes this sound issue HurrfDurrf was having (with all sfx except voice callouts disappearing). For my testing it happened 100% of the time on missions where there was an active field effect that wasn't NIGHT. For example: This would apply to missions on the desert with the SANDSTORM (low visibility) effect and missions in the forest during the daytime with the MIST effect. [For reference I have played in scenarios fitting this 4 times total]

Finally, as for a savegame I will just upload my current file when I play again later and do a mission since that should trigger the save dialog after sleeping which should put you right where I want you.

-- EDIT --
Okay so I just played a mission with the NIGHT effect that also had the loss of sound. The only connection this has with the other scenarios would be a windy sound that was the only non-callout sound I could still hear. This was present in the desert scenario as well. I've also attached a save just before a News event that has the class bells playing. To note: When I un-fullscreened the game to zip and upload the save the bells stopped warbling and I regained the lost FPS and after resetting the game to test, the issue is not happening on the save. These issues are as slippery as they are vexing.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ULUS10515.zip (Size: 450.61 KB / Downloads: 668)

07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
I can confirm that the game has missing sound effects problems in night/mist/snow missions,apart from some graphic glitches the game is perfectly playable on the latest versions of PPSSPP.
07-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Hey Mosquito, have you had the issue with sound stuttering during the Daily News like I do? I'm wondering if it isn't my craptop being crappy.

07-23-2013, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 08:24 AM by BronBron06.)
June main story mission bout Cosette, the game just kept crashing at that point Sad

Tank moves crash 1st part
people moving 2nd part

=========

Oops nevermind, just turn off fast memory seemed to do the trick, this game hates that option for some reason

My PC Specs

Intel Quad 6600
Nvidia GTX 280
4GB ram
Win 7 x64
07-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Fully playable but passwords still don't work, any idea when this will be fixed?

Also, can ppsspp load the DLC's?
07-31-2013, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 01:10 AM by BronBron06.)
(07-28-2013 08:42 AM)ichirei07 Wrote:  Fully playable but passwords still don't work, any idea when this will be fixed?

Also, can ppsspp load the DLC's?

DLC

place DLC folder to ppsspp/memstick/psp/game

then at main menu install data

My PC Specs

Intel Quad 6600
Nvidia GTX 280
4GB ram
Win 7 x64
08-01-2013, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 01:53 PM by Winn001.)
I too am having an issue with the sound effects stopping after the first or second move during a mission.

It was fine for the first couple of months (in-game time) but I really started to notice it when the forest missions started. I read above you guys think it might be the map effects. You may be right.

Has anyone come up with a fix or settings that should be changed?
At first I could ignore it since it was rare. However now every map has an effect of some kind and it's subtracting from my enjoyment of the game.

-

Thank you.
08-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Yup sound glitches when you reach maps with map effects, which is after march, it really sucks.

Any1 know when fullwidth chars will be supported? really want to get my eddy early. Or does any1 know cwcheat codes to unlock all chars?