Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i limit fps?
06-22-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 04:47 PM by exionn.)
how do i limit fps?
i'm getting some crazy fps 2k+ while playing gow ghost of sparta which make the game really slow. but while playing birth by sleep the fps doesn't go higher than 60 which is what i want. how do i apply that to gow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: how do i limit fps?
Ector explained what this games problem is in one of the issues on the tracker i believe. (unless it was irc)

basically, as you noticed its rendering way more then it should be and this is where the slowdown is coming from.

limiting the fps won't do a thing.
06-23-2013, 08:30 PM
(06-22-2013 05:07 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  Ector explained what this games problem is in one of the issues on the tracker i believe. (unless it was irc)

basically, as you noticed its rendering way more then it should be and this is where the slowdown is coming from.

limiting the fps won't do a thing.

so getting 3000 fps has nothing to do with it? the sound also cuts down once i finally get to the title screen.
06-24-2013, 06:20 AM
its all to do with the game generating to much VPS (Which i assume means Vertical Interrupts), this is causing the emulated system to perform too much work on choke on itself.