Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 4 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER
06-23-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER
(06-23-2014 05:39 AM)Inuyashaya Wrote:  
(06-21-2014 11:22 PM)Vernon9398 Wrote:  so guys, how strong could a pc be to play the hd ver?
if the requiremnets are high, should I consider patching the psp version iso and then playing it on ppsspp?

Wanna know? i play it with a 1GB ram PC Integrated Graphic and 2.63 Ghz processor 1 Core thats all you need to run it with 8/30 100% speed and can play it without problems the frames game will be a little less fluid maybe but it will easier cause is little more fast too i think if you have a better Graphic card can run it 30/30

Thanks manBig Grin

I love reading Japanese Light Novels!
I'm also a God Eater and a Monster Hunter!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2014, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 04:04 AM by Shadowgodd.)
really? i thought it was legal if i owned rights to the game sure they are copied back ups but i still own rights to the UMDs that sit on my game shelf collecting dust i cant do the whole ripping thing
1 i have no psp anymore
2 i dont know exactly how to do the ripping thing
3 when i say right and playable im refering to using the copy to play if u have a broken psp
5 its my right to have a back up of anything i own being physical or digital.
6 i dont condone piracy, i stated i own a copy of the game and i do own a copy of the game! because that is what all games are a copy of the original developers program, so by what ur saying "its illegal to own any copy of any game ever created" is just quite frankly a retarded statement on your behalf... all games even the physical non downloaded that are store bought are copies!
7 so this was what i thought a good work around for my problem was,
as for me owning MHp3HD i nvr got it via psn i thought i did cuz i know i was playing a version of it last before i killed my psp but then it occurred to me that i was actually playing the original psp non HD version that was gifted from a friend when it actually came out in JP and yes i had a psp that let me play JP games, i still have the umd (scratched beyond hell)... that is where i was getting confused tho the original (psp) and the HD (ps3) version, therefore i deleted that copy and tried the original psp version that does not work so i just said F it and went back to MHFU also i own the UMD for that too ...either way i still believe as long as u own the rights to the game having a back up is not illegal i own rights to the games in sum shape or form (form mainly being UMDs) ...n if u wanna come over and rip them all for me and set it up be my guest i wont be paying u a darn thing tho. and do u realize how dumb it sounds? it being illegal to have a copy of a game i already own? just seems ur butthurt cuz i took the easy way... either or it wont matter in a week cuz i plan to reup my playstation platforms with a new PS4 PSvita and yes prolly a PSP too maybe even another PS3 just to say i own them all... hell id even get a pspgo again if it didnt suck so much cuz unlike u i can once again afford all these once more... the only reason i sold off my psv and ps3 was cuz i lived with an asshole... said asshole is no longer a problem so im back in the money... so stop ur bitchn

[/quote]
3.- psn japan have this game for ps3 users the problem of psn is you are stuck on the psn of your console and ip it isnt like xbox live
[/quote]

also u can change ur account on ps3 to have a JP account i have 1 and yes i can buy JP games thru it ...its not that hard to figure out u buy the game and before u DL it u move back over to ur US account so u dont have to keep switching weve all done it well at least the ones smart enough to do so... guessing u havent since u stated what u did.

also it only becomes illegal if im going around making copies and giving them away or reselling them... i do not do either ...maybe the guy i got it from faces this problem but i do not... also guess what if you ripped your UMD version onto a PC to play it their get this ITS STILL A COPY so think about that ... if u say its illegal to own a copy well guess what not only do u own a copy u created a copy!

yes this was all to u Tabris666 my cell dont like doinbthe whole quote reply thing all the time... but there u go try n talk shit to me ill set u straight.
06-25-2014, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 04:11 AM by TheDax.)
Before this thread gets derailed any further, let's try to get back on topic, please. Tabris666 and Shadowgodd, if you feel the need to continue discussing the legality and intricacies of backups, piracy, etc., I ask that you please take it to PMs. This topic is about running the game, discussing its content, and solving problems related to its emulation, not whether or not it's legal to have the game in an ISO format and running it in an emulator.

More on-topic, the "victory screenshot" that shows up when you're retrieving quest rewards works now as long as Simulate Block transfers is on. It wasn't game breaking, but it's still nice to see the game progressing that much closer to perfection.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-25-2014, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 06:21 AM by Shadowgodd.)
(06-25-2014 04:10 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Before this thread gets derailed any further, let's try to get back on topic, please. Tabris666 and Shadowgodd, if you feel the need to continue discussing the legality and intricacies of backups, piracy, etc., I ask that you please take it to PMs. This topic is about running the game, discussing its content, and solving problems related to its emulation, not whether or not it's legal to have the game in an ISO format and running it in an emulator.

More on-topic, the "victory screenshot" that shows up when you're retrieving quest rewards works now as long as Simulate Block transfers is on. It wasn't game breaking, but it's still nice to see the game progressing that much closer to perfection.

i am actually already in the process of emailing the creator of PPSSPP to figure out legality issues i am waiting for reply and he seems to reply ASAP as he has already replied to a prior issue i had with the resent PPSSPP android build not playing mediaplayer music when PPSSPP is running ...if said is true then it is NBD to me its easy as tap, delete, ok. then off to the store i go...

(06-22-2014 04:13 AM)Vernon9398 Wrote:  
(06-22-2014 12:15 AM)Tabris666 Wrote:  
(06-21-2014 11:22 PM)Vernon9398 Wrote:  so guys, how strong could a pc be to play the hd ver?
if the requiremnets are high, should I consider patching the psp version iso and then playing it on ppsspp?
it doesnt require so much hardware i was able to play the hd on my psp this means the graphic update it isnt a big deal the ppsspp requirements arent much so as long as you have a gpu with pixel shader 3.0 the rest is just messing with the configuration about patching the psp version that wont make it why thats easy i made an iso of the hd remaster but i renamed the iso to the psp disc id and it didnt work so it useless to do that the emulator have a problem with the disc id

but does the patched psp iso work on ppsspp?
btw, my psp IS broken, so I couldn't it there
yea my psp is in pieces to and yes an ISO version of the HD version of the game does work assuming you have the HD version already and assuming the legality issue is in fact not applicable to those who own rights to the physical or digital versions as it is...
its very stuttery tho especially in town...
i posted prior how to minimize the issue tho by turning off a few ingame options blur and bloom and changing the emulator options it needs to be on nonbuffer, skip 2, auto skip, upscaler auto, xBRZ, isotropic off, ...works best i thought. limited intown stutter and made gameplay maps playable with best grafx possible...

however there is no working version of the original non HD version or none i have found yet... even people who have tried to rip it straight from their UMD have issues getting it to play thru PPSSPP on anything other then a PSP so if u still had ur PSP and where only trying to patch it to english to make the game "right and playable" to you then that would be the best way to do so, by using PPSSPP on ur PSP and loading the patch into the file or folder or however they said to do it...

(06-25-2014 05:29 AM)Shadowgodd Wrote:  
(06-25-2014 04:10 AM)TheDax Wrote:  Before this thread gets derailed any further, let's try to get back on topic, please. Tabris666 and Shadowgodd, if you feel the need to continue discussing the legality and intricacies of backups, piracy, etc., I ask that you please take it to PMs. This topic is about running the game, discussing its content, and solving problems related to its emulation, not whether or not it's legal to have the game in an ISO format and running it in an emulator.

i am actually already in the process of emailing the creator of PPSSPP to figure out legality issues i am waiting for reply and he seems to reply ASAP as he has already replied to a prior issue i had with the resent PPSSPP android build not playing mediaplayer music when PPSSPP is running ...if said is true then it is NBD to me its easy as tap, delete, ok. then off to the store i go...

(06-22-2014 04:13 AM)Vernon9398 Wrote:  
(06-22-2014 12:15 AM)Tabris666 Wrote:  
it doesnt require so much hardware i was able to play the hd on my psp this means the graphic update it isnt a big deal the ppsspp requirements arent much so as long as you have a gpu with pixel shader 3.0 the rest is just messing with the configuration about patching the psp version that wont make it why thats easy i made an iso of the hd remaster but i renamed the iso to the psp disc id and it didnt work so it useless to do that the emulator have a problem with the disc id

but does the patched psp iso work on ppsspp?
btw, my psp IS broken, so I couldn't it there
yea my psp is in pieces to and yes an ISO version of the HD version of the game does work assuming you have the HD version already and assuming the legality issue is in fact not applicable to those who own rights to the physical or digital versions as it is...
its very stuttery tho especially in town...
i posted prior how to minimize the issue tho by turning off a few ingame options blur and bloom and changing the emulator options it needs to be on nonbuffer, skip 2, auto skip, upscaler auto, xBRZ, isotropic off, ...works best i thought. limited intown stutter and made gameplay maps playable with best grafx possible...

however there is no working version of the original non HD version or none i have found yet... even people who have tried to rip it straight from their UMD have issues getting it to play thru PPSSPP on anything other then a PSP so if u still had ur PSP and where only trying to patch it to english to make the game "right and playable" to you then that would be the best way to do so, by using PPSSPP on ur PSP and loading the patch into the file or folder or however they said to do it...

also if ur using an android i advise it be a good 1 haha if ur goin to use PC then it should run the HD version no prob... and the original as i said only really plays on the PSP only and even still has issues
06-25-2014, 06:36 AM
[quote='Tabris666' pid='86703' dateline='1403386552']

( i have to say i have all monster hunter games and the hd remake is not big deal just a little better graphics than the psp version compared to the wii version the hd remake is way behind in graphics the wii version is almost perfect)

i agree with u on tht 1 altho its an HD remake it didnt look as good as the Wii version i hate to say that cuz in my own opinion the Wii sux compared to the ps3 and xbox360(even the original) but MH3rd looks better on the Wii and its because when it hit the Wii it wasnt HD remake it was more of a full remake... the PS3 only got an HD remake of the PSP version MHp3rd now if they had actually made the MH3rd for PS3 it woulda blew the Wii version out of the water... other words what im saying is the Wii version is an actual Wii(console) game the PS3 HD version is just an HD reboot of the PSP original... which for a handheld game looked amazing at the time.
06-25-2014, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 08:10 PM by SolarNova.)
Greetings.

So I've just found PPSSPP, and despite having a fully working PSP myself I know it would be nice to play MHp3rd HD on my PC.

Question is, what version do u all recommend I use.

ATM I got the version of the PPSSPP homepage, but some of the guides on the forum don't match the options available on this version.

So there is a bunch of other builds hosted on Github to choose from, which should I use for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD ??

If som1 could also list the Best possible settings for 'detail'. Im not lacking in PC performance as im using a 3930k CPU and 780 Classified GPU.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that on the default settings (except 10x render and 5x texture) I get some audio stutter with voices in yukomo village.
06-25-2014, 09:59 PM
I would recommend to always use the latest available build to get all the new options, fixes, etc...

This thread can help you to find some good settings for enhanced graphics Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-25-2014, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 10:11 PM by Tabris666.)
(06-25-2014 07:22 PM)SolarNova Wrote:  Greetings.

So I've just found PPSSPP, and despite having a fully working PSP myself I know it would be nice to play MHp3rd HD on my PC.

Question is, what version do u all recommend I use.

ATM I got the version of the PPSSPP homepage, but some of the guides on the forum don't match the options available on this version.

So there is a bunch of other builds hosted on Github to choose from, which should I use for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD ??

If som1 could also list the Best possible settings for 'detail'. Im not lacking in PC performance as im using a 3930k CPU and 780 Classified GPU.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that on the default settings (except 10x render and 5x texture) I get some audio stutter with voices in yukomo village.

My recomendation is well the usual just use the stable release 0.9.8 dont use svn second the settings i use are this
stretch to display
postprocessing shader AA v2.0
rendering resolution 1x psp
anisotropic filtering off (if you have it on this cause lots of glitches in all the games is better to leave it off)
upscale level off
those are the best settings and it doesnt mean my computer isnt powerfull enough (im able to play GTA IV max settings) is just that the emulation is difficult so is better imitate a psp settings and you need to overcome details vitals for gameplay.
Ikkitousen Eloquent Fist runs 15% faster in ppsspp crash after being defeated or defeating some boss chara
Ikkitousen Xross Imact runs 15% faster in ppsspp crash after being defeated or defeating some boss chara and have a save proble
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 runs 120% faster
God Eater v1.01 Black Screen Freeze
Obscure The Aftermath Black Screen after the first video
and as you see the emulation isnt perfect it work somehow but you need to overcome vital details as some bugs made for the player to have advantage in some games that wont appear in ppsspp
06-26-2014, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 03:07 PM by SolarNova.)
Thanks for the replys.

Ok so what about these settings.

Hardware Transform (what is it?)
Software Skinning (what is it?)
Deposterize (whats it do ?)

Texture Filtering (Nearest, Linear, or Linear on FMV ?)

Mipmapping set to off is ok ? From my understanding u 'should' get better quality with it 'off' ?

What about the system settings. Pritty much all the setting under 'Emulation' ?
I.e Fast memory, I/O On thread, etc.
Oh and what about 'Audio Latency' ?
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
(06-26-2014 03:06 PM)SolarNova Wrote:  Thanks for the replys.

Ok so what about these settings.

Hardware Transform (what is it?)
Software Skinning (what is it?)
Deposterize (whats it do ?)

Texture Filtering (Nearest, Linear, or Linear on FMV ?)

Mipmapping set to off is ok ? From my understanding u 'should' get better quality with it 'off' ?

What about the system settings. Pritty much all the setting under 'Emulation' ?
I.e Fast memory, I/O On thread, etc.
Oh and what about 'Audio Latency' ?

Most of detail you want to know is here
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236

though no too detail(if you want know what it function etc) but help make you own setting, which one should be off and on. It help me alot to know these emulator Smile

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Hmm yes I had read that post before hand. It didn't really give me much information.

I can understand it being a useful go to for people using low power devices, but im running on a high end PC and would like to know the fine details so I can eek out every little bit of visual fidelity I can, whilst minimizing instances of stutter.
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Have you read this thread ?
It's not complete but it may help a bit Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-27-2014, 04:00 PM
I had seen that post aswell. Cant say it helped that much tbh. I was hoping to find some Dev descriptions on what each feature did specifically, like iv found with other emulators and player/fan made programs.

Never the less it seems to be running fine with the latest build, no sound stuttering and only a small stutter when loading the main village as u enter. And that's running ,from what I can gather, max settings 10x res 5x texture res, FXAA (though would prefer MSAA or SSAA) mipmapping off, and a few other features that seem to be made for speed over quality turned off.

Probably wont be playing it that much as I tend to use my actual PSP 1000 (almost 10 years old now and still kicking (Jap imported on release)) for that lol, but will see how it goes.
06-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Wink RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD VER
So guys, how do patch the MHP3rd iso to english again?

and also, is team maverick one still up and running?

I can't seem to download their patch

I love reading Japanese Light Novels!
I'm also a God Eater and a Monster Hunter!
06-30-2014, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 03:43 PM by TheDax.)
Just download a pre patched version.

[Removed, warez links are not allowed.]

This is the one I used, its pre patched using Maveriks 5.0 patch and it works fine. Use the 'mirrors' links and select as the mirror. It will download in minutes and u can download all 3 parts at the same time.

(Disclaimer: I do not condone pirating worth whiles games, the MH series is most defiantly worth while. Check ur local laws on downloading ISO's/copies' as backups if u own the original.)