Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Video support
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Video support
We just merged oioitff's latest rewrite of his awesome ffmpeg-based video support, this time integrated with the new atrac3+ plugin-based support.

It doesn't work perfectly in all games yet but it's a big step forward.

Thanks oioitff!

Feel free to report issues here. Once this stabilizes a bit, 0.8 it is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Video support
Just tried it out on my galaxy s3 with kingdom hearts birth by sleep.
Amazing !!! Thank you all so much !
Works with crisis core , shin budokai and persona 3 portable( only games I tried so far)
If only sound would work on android to... Would be hella sweet !
06-01-2013, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 10:04 PM by brujo55.)
@Henrik

thanks you Dev!.

tried on galaxy s3 for now.

naruto series working all videos/music
dragon ball z shin budokai 1/2 working all videos/music
ff7 crisis core working all videos/music
assassins creed bloodlines working all videos/music
wwe smackdown vs ram 2011 working all videos/music
wwe all stars working all videos/music
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 10:15 PM by stodag.)
just tried soul calibur and wipeout, both seem good although mines slow... good work henrik its gettin thereSmile 5 month back i could of dreamt of the progress made in that time well done.

edit: couldnt of dreamt.

props to the rest of the team also, good work team..

I have noticed a speed decrease since a few builds ago, mine was slow anyway lol
06-01-2013, 10:33 PM
0.8 might be closer than i thought.

Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins gets a black screen when trying to load the opening video in the latest git, is all good thats the nature of the beast, you fix something, you break something else.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X still doesn't have video but hopefully that's gonna be fixed in the near future.

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
i love henrik,,and the team..
Good job..

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 3.0Ghz (OC)
ASUS P5SE Plus
2Gb RAM V-Gen
160Gb HDD
nVidia geForce 8600GT 128bit
18inch LED
06-01-2013, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 11:25 PM by solarmystic.)
I'll just repost my list of games that I tested and their results from github over here for more exposure:-
(tested with 0.7.6-1025 which was the first build to have video support)

FFVII CC:- Yes, the intro FMV plays now. The FMV audio itself is rather choppy though

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite US:- Just a black screen shown for the FMV, Background FMV audio can be heard nicely

Soul Calibur:- This one is just perfect. FMV and FMV audio plays and ends smoothly. The main title screen is also an FMV so it now displays properly.

Gods Eater Burst:- Just a black screen shown for the FMV. Background FMV audio plays nicely though.

Persona 3 Portable:- This one is also perfect. FMV and audio plays nicely now.

Gladiator Begins:- relies on psmf video. Doesn't play properly.

Tekken 5 DR:- This one is quite severe. It crashes the emulator completely when attempting to load the intro FMV. Temp solution for now is to quickly skip intro FMV playback by hammering the start button, otherwise, it WILL crash the emulator. Logfile:- http://www.mediafire.com/?0br4wfz7we75pwl

Tekken 6:- Funnily enough, Tekken 6 plays the intro FMV perfectly with the correct audio and all. Even transitions to the main menu properly. (No more "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!!" spam)

Gundam v Gundam Next Plus:- Intro FMVs play properly with smooth audio playback too.

Trails in The Sky:- The short FMVs in the beginning play properly.

FF1:-- FMV can be observed, video playback is rather choppy, but the background audio is working smoothly,

FF2:- The emulator just hangs when it comes to the intro FMV. Just a black screen.

FF3:- This one is perfect, both FMV video and audio playback is smooth.

FF4:- FMV can be observed, but the video and audio are playing back in fast forward. It's like I held down the turbo button for the video.

FF Type 0:- Choppy audio playback in the FMV. FMV can be seen perfectly.

All in all a mixed bag, improvements can definitely be done.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-01-2013, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 12:32 AM by Ritori.)
(06-01-2013 10:45 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  I'll just repost my list of games that I tested and their results from github over here for more exposure:-

FFVII CC:- Yes, the intro FMV plays now. The FMV audio itself is rather choppy though

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite US:- Just a black screen shown for the FMV, Background FMV audio can be heard nicely

Soul Calibur:- This one is just perfect. FMV and FMV audio plays and ends smoothly. The main title screen is also an FMV so it now displays properly.

Gods Eater Burst:- Just a black screen shown for the FMV. Background FMV audio plays nicely though.

Tekken 5 DR:- This one is quite severe. It crashes the emulator completely when attempting to load the intro FMV. Temp solution for now is to quickly skip intro FMV playback by hammering the start button, otherwise, it WILL crash the emulator. Logfile:- http://www.mediafire.com/?0br4wfz7we75pwl

Tekken 6:- Funnily enough, Tekken 6 plays the intro FMV perfectly with the correct audio and all. Even transitions to the main menu properly. (No more "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!!" spam)

Gundam v Gundam Next Plus:- Intro FMVs play properly with smooth audio playback too.

FF1:-- FMV can be observed, video playback is rather choppy, but the background audio is working smoothly,

FF2:- The emulator just hangs when it comes to the intro FMV. Just a black screen.

FF4:- FMV can be observed, but the video and audio are playing back in fast forward. It's like I held down the turbo button for the video.

Maybe u can try Display Raw FrameBuffer??
I dont if this same as oioitff old build maybe u can try that to God eater burst and Monster Hunter opening Smile
Edit: it maybe not work on Monster Hunter

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-02-2013, 12:29 AM
(06-01-2013 11:27 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 10:45 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  I'll just repost my list of games that I tested and their results from github over here for more exposure:-

Maybe u can try Display Raw FrameBuffer??
I dont if this same as oioitff old build maybe u can try that to God eater burst and Monster Hunter opening Smile

That option did fix the Gods Eater Burst opening but i'd have to toggle it on and off since it breaks other things. Otherwise all the FMV i've tried worked. Including Birth By Sleep, Tactics Ogre, Persona 3 Portable. This is really exciting!
06-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles now shows the intro video but the video playback is choppy, the audio seems fine though
06-02-2013, 02:08 AM
DJMax:black square dips to 25 if i have the videos playing during each song and if i turn media engine off it goes back to 60fps

DJMax: Clazziquai edition no longer plays after the implement of videoplayback

both on build v0.7.6-1025-g230d0b3
06-02-2013, 04:27 AM
The 3rd birthday intro plays smoothly, but then the audio is choppy, whaa..

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
06-02-2013, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 08:32 AM by LosBadylos.)
FFVII Crisis Core is now just 2 steps from reaching perfection, guys, keep up this amazing work Smile

1. Both FMV audio and video are waay to slow and it causes this choppiness that people before me were reporting, even though FPS counter shows a steady 60 FPS
2. Music and sound effects playback is perfect during game itself, but there is still one big problem - there are no character voices.

Cheers!
06-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Great progress! I've tried a few games and want to report some problems.
1. In Daxter screen goes black the moment you turn on subtitles (only subtitles are visible). Plus there are some visual glitches in a first second or two of every video.
2. In Popolocrois audio is choppy.
3. In Ridge Racer 2 intro video doesn't work.
06-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Works perfectly in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, But in both GTA games (VCS and LCS) video at the start of a game doesn't show up but audio of the video play anyway. And LCS still crashes when radio is turned on.