Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
[question] sameone work of 3DS emulr ?
08-14-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: [question] sameone work of 3DS emulr ?
I don't know if there's been any comment on sales figures lately. All I can tell for sure is that 3DS is doing WAY better. Which sucks because it's an awesome system. It just needs games that everyday gamers can get into. Vita is more for gamers who are experienced with franchises other than Pokemon and LoZ. http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita
Those top-ten games look awesome, I just wish I could afford the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 01:04 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(08-13-2013 10:12 PM)stodag Wrote:  Yep, unlike dolphin emu.. Open GL ES 3.0 Even the most powerful phones would struggle.. so like you said Open GL ES 1.1 is a big upside in emulating 3ds..
I would welcome that any day.

What I meant to say it's not on what API the emulators will be based, but the devs that will to do a 3DS emulator won't need to bother with a proprietary APIs like on all previous consoles/handhelds in history and try to translate them to something your GPU can understand, which is one of the toughest things to debug in the GPU part of an emulator.

(08-13-2013 11:43 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  Well there's already hacked flashcarts for it. So there's some progress at least.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-f...rd.348671/
Although I agree power was never a problem for emulating 3DS. Hence why I'm sad more good games didn't come out for Vita.

Plus I can see all the more ignorant user reviews now (If it did come out): "Why is there no 3d???????????!?!?!" and other garbage 1-star reviews like that. Smile

That won't lead to what is needed at all. You will need somekind of user access to the device, something like compromise of the loaders, think of it simmilar to a Hello World or any homebrew app.

To be honest, Vita may need quite more raw power to emulate it, but even that is on the same realm of easiness/possibleness (if not just slightly easier) to emulate once somebody gains user access to it. All of his components and specifications are already being used in the market by other famous devices (CPU on iPads and Android phones/tablets, GPU on iPad gen4 and it uses OpenGL ES 2.0) and there is proper emulation and documentation for all of them available from from projects like Android SDK etc.
08-14-2013, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 01:15 AM by cloud1250000.)
well I'm following the gateway hack... and maybe it will lead to something interesting Wink (not with the cartride itself but with the hack behind it Wink)

guys just wait Wink there's no reason to ask for emulator... first, if the console isn't well documented, it can take many years before getting anywhere and with a unhacked console it's way more harder.

So before there's a real hack of the handled console... well there's no hope for an emulator Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2013, 01:37 AM
not like we make the emulator itself,haha,i'm near to zero about emulation,everyone has their own point of good.i'm just great about setting and gaming.not much,anyways let's wait until something interesting come out,then there many possibilities awaitSmile

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-14-2013, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 02:58 AM by Razorback.)
I thought what prevented ppl from making a 3DS emulator until now was 'that' encryption mechanism? I can't remember exactly though.

(08-13-2013 11:55 PM)stodag Wrote:  Just curious... has the vita flopped?
Or is it doin well ?

Slow and steady, I'd say. But still hardly anyone ever give any shit about it, as always.
08-14-2013, 03:02 AM
The nx things? (This is blocking the hacker from founding userexploit.. or from exploiting them ahah) and.. Well, its just hard to reverse a system with hardware, and there's not many hacker with the capacity or with the will to do so ahah

And yes there is some working on it but, they are not necessarily working on emulator Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Computer--
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
just look at the ds emulator somewhere in 2009 there was a decent emulator that could play games decently, that is 5 years after its release, expect the 3ds emulator somewhere 2017~
although that could still be pretty optimistic Tongue

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
08-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Given that there will be people interested. As for now 3ds is still a brand new console, whichever your (referred in general) actions may be good, it will have a heavy impact on how the 3DS will sell after an emulator will be made, cause of piracy, obviously.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-19-2013, 11:13 AM
While a 3DS emu would be cool, I think it's too early - and that flashcart is useless as it only supports encrypted 1:1 copies, they haven't cracked the encryption at all, just the authentication. No decryption, no emulator.
08-19-2013, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 12:09 PM by aki21.)
(08-19-2013 11:13 AM)Henrik Wrote:  While a 3DS emu would be cool, I think it's too early - and that flashcart is useless as it only supports encrypted 1:1 copies, they haven't cracked the encryption at all, just the authentication. No decryption, no emulator.

pretty bold word henrik,that mean if the 3ds games decryption /encryption got hacked,then some emulator might appear from somewhere,to think the emulation is not impossible,but look a little early.if just it got hacked this year,then it might not impossible for the emulator next year

[/quote]
no decryption,no emulator.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
08-19-2013, 12:36 PM
A user access hack is all is needed, you can dump the games after with or without encryption and people will be able to do proper investigation on the console's software side that is needed to start the emulator. Everything hardware side is already 100% documeneted, even the bootloader is.
08-19-2013, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 01:56 PM by cloud1250000.)
Hmm... Well they are loading their own loader in the memory... Which currently allow them to do region free and skiping update... So there's a possibility for more to follow no?

For the hardware, they need founds for a decaping, no?

--Current Computer--
08-19-2013, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 07:24 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I'm pretty positive the Region locking on 3DS is exactly the same as on PS2, on the CNF file there is a value that tells it's region (PAL-E, NTSC-U, NTSC-J). Modifying that tiny value with a HEX editor to match your console's does it's thing and on all consoles this string is always unencrypted so it's super easy to spot it via HEX editing if you are able to do a RAW dump of the contents of the cartridge/disc, encrypted or not.
08-20-2013, 07:18 AM
I think nocash is collecting information about 3DS right now as a start for 3DS emulator. Might want to check out the discussion thread here: http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=156605&page=6
08-20-2013, 09:15 AM
no$gba? no thank you lol

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3