Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-26-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
(11-26-2013 08:24 PM)cloud1250000 Wrote:  well I think it's time to merge that inside the main branch no?

I spoke about that with Kyhel, take a look at our discussion starting this post : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...5#pid59435 Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 08:55 PM
yeah, maybe a branch then.. allowing more devs to work on it and to fix problems or improve it.. Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Well a lot as been said, i'll try to answer to everyone Smile

@Mugetzu : Since captainobvious said he managed to compile a 32 bits version, it looks like it's only a problem with my computer not being able to compile a proper version, so i'll just give up.

@Versusdec : Like Ritori said, search a little bit on the thread, there is all the stuff explained and download builds if you are on mac or window 64 bits.

@Rosenakahara : LunaMoo says you can play over the internet with correct forwarding and a server either on your computer, or on the one of the other people. So i guess it could be possible to play with random people on coldbird.uk.to.

@captainobvious : If you can find a way to send me the 32 bits version you've compiled, or upload it here i'll add it to the links Smile

@cloud1250000 I can't wait to merge it to the main branch since that would allow me to get help from other developers on the interface settings that many people would be glad to have, and stuff, but since most of the job has been done by igorcalabria, i think it'd be more correct to let him do that. I couldn't get an answer from him in 3 days, maybe i should try to merge tomorrow. But, since the adhoc version looks like is 0.9.1 and main is 0.9.5 do i first need to upgrade to 0.9.5 or can i just do the pull "as is" ? I'm not really used to merging and stuff, and i don't want to break my repo ^^'
Maybe i could just pull my adhoc-support branch into hrydgard's adhoc-support, since nobody modified it i think, it should work easily Smile

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-26-2013, 09:11 PM
About port forwarding. I can do it but I was wondering if there was some way to tell which ports my games need to be open to work? Is there something in the log that tells me that?
11-26-2013, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 09:19 PM by Rosenakahara.)
my modem cant portforward i think i tried before and i couldn't, plus i really hate that way cause i don't like messing with my connection TOO much so how long do you think till there will be an easier way? or at the very least a step by step guide so i don't screw something up.

Godammit ross
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
(11-26-2013 09:19 PM)Rosenakahara Wrote:  my modem cant portforward i think i tried before and i couldn't, plus i really hate that way cause i don't like messing with my connection TOO much so how long do you think till there will be an easier way? or at the very least a step by step guide so i don't screw something up.
I'm pretty sure you don't need to port forward on Modems, I use a modem and I was able to host fine. Unless you meant router.
11-26-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 09:26 PM by cloud1250000.)
@Rosenakahara, no easy method to do something like that.... no tutorial too since it change for each router company... but hey you have a modem right? no problem for you then or do you have one coming with router fonctionnality?
@Salut kyhel Smile Well I really don't know if it will be a mess to merge it into main branch...

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 09:26 PM
(11-26-2013 09:19 PM)Rosenakahara Wrote:  how long do you think till there will be an easier way?

I think 2 week more Tongue btw Today is Coldbird wedding Big Grin congratz for both of they Big Grin!!

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-26-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 09:30 PM by Kyhel.)
@nightmesh yeah, if you open the log journal, then use filter to only display sceNet log, then look at those functions in the log :
Code:
sceNetAdhocPdpCreate(const char *mac, u32 port, int bufferSize, u32 unknown)
Parameter 2 is a port
Code:
int sceNetAdhocPtpOpen(const char *srcmac, int sport, const char *dstmac, int dport, int bufsize, int rexmt_int, int rexmt_cnt, int unknown)
Parameter 2 and 4 are ports, though the first one may be 0, since everything was built for the PSP, they didn't really care about ports Smile (0 means every port, or any port)
I think these are the 2 implemented functions that negotiates the ports, but since not all functions are not implemented, many games won't work, wether you forward ports or not.

@cloud1250000 I'm really new to Github and windows programming, so i'll wait tomorrow and pull a request to adhoc-support branch on hrydgard's repo.

@Rosenkahara if you don't want to mess around with router, modem whatever, if it doesn't work, try Tunngle, i heard it made wonders, but don't ask me to explain how it works, it's pretty simple and you can find the information you need on THEIR forums Tongue

Kyhel,
French Student

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 09:32 PM by Devlix.)
(11-26-2013 09:11 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  About port forwarding. I can do it but I was wondering if there was some way to tell which ports my games need to be open to work? Is there something in the log that tells me that?

There is a program called TCPView which lets you see what ports a program is using but it is only going to show which ports are currently being used. If you have a port closed that the program is trying to use you are only going to see that port appear in TCPView for a couple seconds before going away because of it being closed.

(11-26-2013 09:19 PM)Rosenakahara Wrote:  my modem cant portforward i think i tried before and i couldn't, plus i really hate that way cause i don't like messing with my connection TOO much so how long do you think till there will be an easier way? or at the very least a step by step guide so i don't screw something up.

If you go over to http://portforward.com/english/routers/p...rindex.htm there are guides for forwarding ports for most router models just find yours from the list.
11-26-2013, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 10:06 PM by VayaviyaVayu.)
So now no one can join me in the gathering hall. Everyone has all ports necessary forwarded. Everyone has a different MAC address. Everyone has the right IP. I see them connecting in the command prompt, but no one can see each other in the guild hall.
11-26-2013, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 10:08 PM by nightmesh.)
Would anyone be willing to test god eater burst over tunngle?
11-26-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 10:10 PM by Kyhel.)
Ok i'll make myself clear : What i've provided here should work without any problem if you play LOCALY.

If you're trying an other manner to connect, please, say what you are trying to do, explain yourself... I can't guess that you are trying to connect to a server over internet, if your friends are in the same local network or not...

Kyhel,
French Student

11-26-2013, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 10:17 PM by nightmesh.)
(11-26-2013 10:10 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  Ok i'll make myself clear : What i've provided here should work without any problem if you play LOCALY.

If you're trying an other manner to connect, please, say what you are trying to do, explain yourself... I can't guess that you are trying to connect to a server over internet, if your friends are in the same local network or not...

That's why I was asking if anyone wanted to test it out over tunngle. Since it can emulate LAN, it should be as simple as joining the same lobby on tunngle then joining the lobby on ppsspp. If there was any other change it would be that the ones joining to who every hosting the server needs to change their IP to the one tunngle gave the host. The host should keep his the same. That's just a theory of mine. I just need someone to test it out with which is why I ask without proving how to do it since I have no evidence of it even remotely working and didn't want to trouble you with theories.
11-26-2013, 10:18 PM
(11-26-2013 10:16 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 10:10 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  Ok i'll make myself clear : What i've provided here should work without any problem if you play LOCALY.

That's why I was asking if anyone wanted to test it out over tunngle. Since it can emulate LAN, it should be as simple as joining the same lobby on tunngle then joining the lobby on ppsspp. If there was any other change it would be that the ones joining to who every hosting the server needs to change it to IP tunngle gave the host. The host should keep his the same. That's just a theory of mine. I just need someone to test it out with which is why I ask without proving how to do it since I have no evidence of it even remotely working and didn't want to trouble you with theories.
sorry i would but i need to rip that iso from my old disc first and i need sleep soon :/

Godammit ross
Thread Closed