Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-24-2013, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 02:12 PM by captainobvious.)
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
(11-24-2013 12:57 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Sorry, but I have no clue why the patch would need any email, I'm totally not used to git yet.;p

Lord of Arcana has it's problems;c.
BTW We don't really need anything like hamachi, we actually have a server, so just connect direct to it;p.

Trying Fat Princess - when connecting the coldbird.uk.to - the game would say "connecting to host" (meaning it does find the game) but it can never connect or enter the game. No idea why but it doesn't seem to work. On the other hand, using the aemu server + hamachi will connect within seconds.

Not to mention, with this server we can have local play (as in on the same local network and not on same pc) that so many people here want.
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2013, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 03:53 PM by LunaMoo.)
^I ment exactly that server we have. If you run it on your computer your friend from the other side of the world as well as from same room should be able to connect to it through your IP without using any other software. Unless ofc you use it to avoid changing your router settings or because not having static ip.
Dunno about how much ColdBird server was changed from the source we have, but till this is all WIP we should probably avoid connecting to it anyway just in case something doesn't work as planned.;o

================

@Ritori frankly I have no clue how xD, but I looked at the email bug, try this patch just like you tried earlier
.zip  AHwin.zip (Size: 26.38 KB / Downloads: 414) it patched by git just fine for me now. Also deleted one file from the patch, because it was just leftover backup which I didn't notice;p.

And just a reminder since Kyhel wrote it already in his instructionsSmile, to use it to play with someone you'll have to change some code for your needs as well:
Code:
ppsspp\Core\HLE\proAdhoc.cpp(507):  uint8_t mac[] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6};
ppsspp\Core\HLE\sceNet.cpp(134):    static const u8 fakeEtherAddr[6] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 };
change 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 to your MAC address, each player has to get different(but same in both places), but this apparently can be made up;p.

and set a server in ppsspp.ini under
Code:
proAdhocServer = localhost
to whatever your server will be, ie your IP.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
(11-24-2013 02:54 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Ritori frankly I have no clue how xD, but I looked at the email bug, try this patch just like you tried earlier it patched by git just fine for me now. Also deleted one file from the patch, because it was just leftover backup which I didn't notice;p.

@LunaMoo thank you Smile now they give this 2 error got any idea? o.o
[Image: jBlcK84ixW0JO.png]

I

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 03:46 PM by LunaMoo.)
I did it through gui and the whole command was slightly different, so try this:
Code:
git am --3way --ignore-space-change --keep-cr AHwin.patch
not sure if you will not have to revert first what it successfully patched, like I said I'm git noob;p.

I also think I have no clue where to actually change the server the ppsspp connects to @_@, it still goes to localhost after I changed that. Guess I'm tired for today.;p Edit: yeah I am;p dunno why I thought that was hardcoded as well, server is in ppsspp.ini file ~~ proAdhocServer = localhost

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
11-24-2013, 03:50 PM
(11-24-2013 03:43 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I did it through gui and the whole command was slightly different, so try this:
Code:
git am --3way --ignore-space-change --keep-cr AHwin.patch
not sure if you will not have to revert first what it successfully patched, like I said I'm git noob;p.

I also think I have no clue where to actually change the server the ppsspp connects to @_@, it still goes to localhost after I changed that. Guess I'm tired for today.;p Edit: yeah I am;p dunno why I thought that was hardcoded as well, server is in ppsspp.ini file ~~ proAdhocServer = localhost

I dunno what happen but i too try again tomorrow Tongue
thank for you help Smile

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 04:11 PM
You're welcome and sorry that wasn't of much help, git patching is soo confusing they even hide the fact that you can download commits as patches by adding .patch to the link@_@.

11-24-2013, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 04:40 PM by Ritori.)
(11-24-2013 04:11 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You're welcome and sorry that wasn't of much help, git patching is soo confusing they even hide the fact that you can download commits as patches by adding .patch to the link@_@.

git really hard >.< that a lot of code i still don't know example the one you post.. (I don't know what it function) I just take a look in scenetAdhoc.cpp there nothing change of code there.
by the way great work @kyhel Big Grin

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 05:10 PM
@Ritori @LunaMoo I've edited the first post, indeed it was sceNetAdhocPtpRecv and Send ^^' I don't really have the time to make a one unified repo yet, but i'm working on it.

@captainobvious I'm glad that it works with hamachi, it opens a lot of new possibilities

Just a remeinder, a lot of games won't work since a lot of functions for networking are not implemented yet, but the less requiring ones will work Smile

And another reminder, since the Mac address is hardcoded, you may encounter conflicts with other people on coldbird's server if you have the same they have (and there is no way to know), unless you put your own one.
That said, i think i'll have my repo by next week, so everyone will be able to just download and build. I'll also try to put a config for the mac address.

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-24-2013, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 05:46 PM by Archimedes.)
Hi guys! I see you made a ton of progress since yesterday, yet I got stuck on one of the steps. I managed to learn how to build my own 64bit version of the emulator but I don't understand how exactly am I supposed to use Git Bash in order to implement the adhoc support. I mean I know how to get the clone the repository or whatever, but how do I implement it in the source of the emulator?

In short how do I apply the changes from step 1 and 2 of the tutorial?
11-24-2013, 05:50 PM
(11-24-2013 05:10 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  @Ritori @LunaMoo I've edited the first post, indeed it was sceNetAdhocPtpRecv and Send ^^' I don't really have the time to make a one unified repo yet, but i'm working on it.

@captainobvious I'm glad that it works with hamachi, it opens a lot of new possibilities

Just a remeinder, a lot of games won't work since a lot of functions for networking are not implemented yet, but the less requiring ones will work Smile

And another reminder, since the Mac address is hardcoded, you may encounter conflicts with other people on coldbird's server if you have the same they have (and there is no way to know), unless you put your own one.
That said, i think i'll have my repo by next week, so everyone will be able to just download and build. I'll also try to put a config for the mac address.

Many thanks for your work, take your time to do what you want Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-24-2013, 05:51 PM
(11-24-2013 05:44 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  In short how do I apply the changes from step 1 and 2 of the tutorial?

@archimedes those step i stuck right now Tongue I got conflict when i try to merge both windows and linux adhoc support Smile (kyhel said it necessary to merge both i think)
if want to try merge windows support only, look solarmytic compile guide how to merge igorcalabria repo on github Smile or just wait kyhel made he own repo next week Big Grin

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 05:58 PM by Archimedes.)
Ritori he specifically said not to use merge. He said to apply the changes from one stuff to the other. We need to find out how to "manually apply" this thing or whatever.
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:07 PM by Ritori.)
(11-24-2013 05:58 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  Ritori he specifically said not to use merge. He said to apply the changes from one stuff to the other. We need to find out how to "manually apply" this thing or whatever.

Yup that for both windows and linux adhoc support Smile if you want only adhoc-support-windows just merge it. i try that before but i stuck at sceNetAdhocPtpSend AND sceNetAdhocPtpRecv stuff (now i know where i should change) Smile and delete that repo because i try LunaMoo patch.Maybe you can try LunaMoo patch (backup you repo first). Kyhel tell me if i wrong or not Tongue

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Hey there everyone. I made a profile just to request something.
I have a friend who is extremely anal about what he downloads on his computer (even getting him to get Hamachi was a pain.) and I know for a fact he won't go through all the steps necessary to compile his client, especially since I don't get it at all myself. Could someone upload a version that would work out-of-the-box, if that's at all possible? Or do you HAVE to do all this yourself for it to work?
11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey Guys, great work so far. I'm installing the stuff to do it right now, it seems fairly manageable, but I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do in this step:

"2) Then if you're on windows : look at the changes made on the adhoc-spport-windows branch of his repository and apply them to what you've just downloaded from the adhoc-support branch."

If anyone can enlighten me, what exactly I have to do here, that would be great.

Best regards Choco
Thread Closed