Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 06:16 PM by Lerianis.)
RE: CwCheat Support
Confirming that for some reason since 0.9.5, CWCheats are not working at all. Tried the Orphis latest builds, tried the Git latest build, tried the regular PPSSPP 0.9.5.

None of the codes work for any of the games that I have, from Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles to Kingdom Hearts BBS.

Anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I've moved the Cheats to that new directory (under the Memstick directory) and the cheats show up but none of them work even when checked and some, that were working before 0.9.5, now make PPSSPP freeze up and crash.

Tried both the x64 and x32 versions of the branches above and no dice, cheats are broken on all of them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 07:49 PM
not CWCheats but cheat.db
11-09-2013, 07:57 PM
(11-09-2013 06:04 PM)Lerianis Wrote:  Anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I've moved the Cheats to that new directory (under the Memstick directory) and the cheats show up but none of them work even when checked and some, that were working before 0.9.5, now make PPSSPP freeze up and crash.

Are you sure you move Cheats folder to memstick/PSP/ ?

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-09-2013, 10:32 PM
(11-09-2013 07:57 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(11-09-2013 06:04 PM)Lerianis Wrote:  Anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I've moved the Cheats to that new directory (under the Memstick directory) and the cheats show up but none of them work even when checked and some, that were working before 0.9.5, now make PPSSPP freeze up and crash.

Are you sure you move Cheats folder to memstick/PSP/ ?

Yep, doublechecked that (confirmed by the cheats showing up to be clicked and checked/unchecked).
CWCheats and cheatdb are the same thing..... aren't they?

Anyway, for some reason no cheats are working in the latest Orphis builds or Git builds either.... so somehow compatibility must have been broken with the latest update to the Cheats interface.
11-09-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 10:59 PM by Ritori.)
It okay for me. use latest v0.9.5-240-g4979151 window 64 bit. I just test some code from here:-
http://forums.ppsspp.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

(first time try cheat i think i don't want to cheat after this Tongue)
game that i be test is Another Century's Episode Portable

Edit:- What Import from Cheat.db use for? it don't doing anything :I

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-10-2013, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 09:50 PM by dlanor.)
(11-09-2013 10:32 PM)Lerianis Wrote:  Anyway, for some reason no cheats are working in the latest Orphis builds or Git builds either.... so somehow compatibility must have been broken with the latest update to the Cheats interface.

Correction: Cheats are not working for you in the latest builds.
(You and a few others that is, considering some recent posts in various threads.)

But others, like myself, have had no such problems with the new builds.
For me cheats still work with all settings at default, using either my OUYA or my Win7_x64 PC.

Don't get me wrong now, as I'm not implying that you're wrong about the problems you see. I accept these as perfectly real. I'm just saying that those problems must be specific to something about your setup which differs from the setups of those who have no such problems. And if we can figure out what the significant difference is, then we can probably fix your problem. It might not even require any coding changes, but just some reconfiguration.

Best regards: dlanor

(11-09-2013 10:54 PM)Ritori Wrote:  Edit:- What Import from Cheat.db use for? it don't doing anything :I

If it doesn't seem to do anything, that may be because your installed "cheat.db" file (if you have any) doesn't contain any cheats for the current game. For such cases it will indeed do nothing (correctly so).

But if you have a "cheat.db" file installed that does contain cheats for the current game, then this command can create a new ".ini" file for this game, containing the cheats for it that were found in the "cheat.db" file.

At least that's how it has worked for me in the past, though I haven't had occasion to use it recently. I just assume it still works like it did when I last used it.

11-10-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 10:27 PM by JackofallTrades.)
I'm new here on the forms and i was trying out the new build and the cheats didn't work. But after while i saw what i did wrong so sorry i wasn't looking careful when i notice i put cheat codes in the wrong cheat folder.
11-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Mistake was mine.... I did not realize that I had the EU version of Castlevania when I was trying to us USA version codes. After getting the versions sorted, the codes started working for that game.

For Kingdom Hearts BBS, it took a bit of 'fiddling' with the game .ini file until it finally worked. I still cannot figure out what was wrong. Same thing for the rest of the games.
11-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Guys thanks but where can i download these files thats the main question i want them for kingdom hearts birth by sleep and monster hunter freedom unite
11-14-2013, 02:45 AM
(11-13-2013 11:40 PM)Alfreds1993 Wrote:  Guys thanks but where can i download these files thats the main question i want them for kingdom hearts birth by sleep and monster hunter freedom unite

If about cheat you just need copy and paste Big Grin not download required XD
You can find most working cheat here, On other website a lot of cheat not be test yet on PPSSPP Big Grin

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-14-2013, 03:05 AM
and heres where to go for cheats..
http://forums.ppsspp.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
11-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I am having the cheat.db issue as well. I have put cheat.db ppsspp/cheats, and ppsspp/memstick/psp/cheats just to be safe. It WILL NOT import cheats to ini. I am using a 4.8MB cheat.db file. I have confirmed that it has cheats for every games I have tried using import on, and it never works.
11-15-2013, 05:22 PM
(11-15-2013 07:26 AM)Otani Wrote:  I am having the cheat.db issue as well. I have put cheat.db ppsspp/cheats, and ppsspp/memstick/psp/cheats just to be safe. It WILL NOT import cheats to ini. I am using a 4.8MB cheat.db file. I have confirmed that it has cheats for every games I have tried using import on, and it never works.

If you've put it in the right place and it still doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the file itself. Maybe someone saved it in a weird text format that PPSSPP can't 'swallow' or maybe it contains some deal-breaking syntax error. The only way to make sure of this is to have someone else here test the same file you have.

Since cheat.db files are pure text they compress very well, so if you ZIP it up the resulting file should be of suitable size for attaching to your next post. Then I and others can test it to see if we get the same failures you did.

11-16-2013, 03:03 AM
(11-15-2013 05:22 PM)dlanor Wrote:  
(11-15-2013 07:26 AM)Otani Wrote:  I am having the cheat.db issue as well. I have put cheat.db ppsspp/cheats, and ppsspp/memstick/psp/cheats just to be safe. It WILL NOT import cheats to ini. I am using a 4.8MB cheat.db file. I have confirmed that it has cheats for every games I have tried using import on, and it never works.

If you've put it in the right place and it still doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the file itself. Maybe someone saved it in a weird text format that PPSSPP can't 'swallow' or maybe it contains some deal-breaking syntax error. The only way to make sure of this is to have someone else here test the same file you have.

Since cheat.db files are pure text they compress very well, so if you ZIP it up the resulting file should be of suitable size for attaching to your next post. Then I and others can test it to see if we get the same failures you did.

Sure, no problem. Here you go.

Attached File(s)
.zip  cheat.zip (Size: 633.54 KB / Downloads: 547)
11-16-2013, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 03:41 AM by LunaMoo.)
Your cheat.db works just fine, so I recommend reading this thread to make sure you know where your cheats directory actually is, since it might be in different place(like in "my documents") if your OS didn't passed the write test or if you used 0.9.5 install version and choosen different dir.

By default it should go to memstick/psp/cheats which is default cheat dir - since you already tried putting it there, it's more than likely ppsspp stores files elsewhere on your OS.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.