Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
09-03-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: CwCheat Support
Heey guys, need some help here, wondering how to enable cheats for harvest moon hero of leaf valley on an android device, can some please give me a detailed explanation on what to do, please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 02:12 AM
I wonder if anyone can share updated cheat.db here. cwcheat website seem to be unavailable anymore.
09-04-2013, 04:29 AM
(09-04-2013 02:12 AM)cyclonmaster Wrote:  I wonder if anyone can share updated cheat.db here. cwcheat website seem to be unavailable anymore.

i don't really know but there must be cheat.db for 2013 somewhere,mine is 4mb,but some code not available.i think you can add it yourself,just find some tool to edit cheat db and paste your code inside the cheat.db.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2013, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 05:57 AM by 王动字别情.)
There may be some errors in the CWCHEAT's function.
The details are here:http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5058

PS:Thanks if you will fix them,and sorry about my poor English
09-05-2013, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 03:20 AM by kirinelf.)
Woah, finally a working PSP emu that doesn't kill my resources (For some reason my computer doesn't like JPCSP).

So anyways, I've been trying to get cheats working on my 64-bit copy of the emu (From the downloads page), but it doesn't seem to want to show up. Here're some screenies:

Cheats enabled, check: http://puu.sh/4jqfg.jpg
Cheats actually in there, check: http://puu.sh/4jqpM.png
Cheats menu not showing up in the Pause menu, check: http://puu.sh/4jqkA.jpg

In the second screenshot, you can also see that I have the cheats.db file in there, but because I don't have access to the Cheats menu at all I can't import anything.

I don't think this is normal since no one else in the thread seems to be having any problems, but...

Edit: I just downloaded the 32bit version to try it and it doesn't work there either. Not too sure what's going on...
09-05-2013, 03:27 AM
Judging by your pictures you are likely using the official 0.9.1 release. In order to use the new cheat menu options you need to use one of the newer dev builds that can be found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

you'll have to scroll down a bit to version 0.9.1-502 which is the most recent windows64 build.
09-05-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 03:40 AM by kirinelf.)
Oh, thanks. I didn't think it was THAT new; the first post in the thread was last edited almost a week ago so I thought the one on the official downloads page was new enough to be used (Always figured the one on that page would be updated to the latest version since that's the one most people would use to download). Will try it out, thanks for the info.

Edit: There we go, working now. Thanks!
09-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Hey you're welcome. Also you don't have to include the game ID and name inside the .ini the cheats should work just fine without them.
09-05-2013, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 03:00 PM by dlanor.)
Is it just me and my setup, or is there some bug or missing code affecting the enabling of game cheats through the ingame PPSSPP menus ?

Today I've been testing some cheats I found for Final Fantasy 3 = NPJH50626, and for a long time I suspected that the cheats were faulty, as even the simplest of them (eg: Max Gil) seemed to have no effect. But as I repeatedly tried to activate them with varied ways of navigating the menus, I finally discovered that these cheats do work fine. But PPSSPP will only activate the cheats when navigating the menus by one of the several ways available.

As you know there are several ways of exiting from PPSSPP submenus and also from its main ingame menu and back to the game itself.

1: We can simply press 'Esc' key on keyboard to back out of a menu
2: We can use the gamepad button defined for 'backing'
3: We can use mouse to click on the "Back" or "Continue" buttons on screen

Apparently the cheat activation only happens if the 3rd of these methods is used.

Whenever I use the gamepad buttons or keyboard keys to back out after setting some cheats active, the cheats are NOT activated, even though their new activated state IS saved to the ".ini" file for the game's cheats.

As yet I've only tested this with the Windows version of the emulator, currently using v0.9.1-499, but I suspect it's the same for the other platforms and the newer builds, since their build comments indicate nothing to do with this issue.

Best regards: dlanor
09-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes, i will be fixing that today. Currently, the emulator refreshes the cheat list when you press the back button or the import button. Expect a fix for it soon.
09-06-2013, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 07:46 AM by JackyMacky.)
Hi i have tried to Manually created a "Cheats" folder in my android PSP folder but the emu still crashes. i downloaded the Gold version via Markets it dint stat version.
also the 32bit version for window also crashed upon startup on my XP please help
09-06-2013, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 09:36 AM by dlanor.)
(09-05-2013 09:14 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  Yes, i will be fixing that today. Currently, the emulator refreshes the cheat list when you press the back button or the import button. Expect a fix for it soon.
Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for such a fix in the upcoming builds then.

(09-06-2013 07:44 AM)JackyMacky Wrote:  Hi i have tried to Manually created a "Cheats" folder in my android PSP folder but the emu still crashes. i downloaded the Gold version via Markets it dint stat version.
also the 32bit version for window also crashed upon startup on my XP please help
I'm not sure, but I don't think cheat implementation for the Android version is complete yet.

As for my own results (on my Ouya):
If I set the main configuration flag to enable cheats, then any game I attempt to launch thereafter simply freezes the GUI screen. The selected game remains selected on screen but never launches, and PPSSPP no longer responds to any gamepad or mouse input. I had to use the 'Ouya' button to force-terminate the app.

In making these tests I had not installed any cheat folder or files of any kind.

I just tested what would happen if I enabled the flag without having added any cheats. Doing the same thing works fine with the Windows version of the emulator, which also creates the necessary cheat folder.

So my conclusion is that the cheat implementation for Android versions still is too incomplete for use as yet. (This was in v0.9.1-578.)

I seem to have missed some stuff I should have checked out earlier, as in this quote from the first post of this thread:

(05-23-2013 05:48 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  [Android Guide]
Android is now supported on the latest builds. It functions very similarly to the Windows version. Place your cheat.db or cheat ini's in the cheats folder and play!(8/26/2013)

Note: If your game crashes after enabling cheats and loading the game, then you must manually create the "Cheats" folder in the /PSP/ Directory.

This manual creation of the folder is something I didn't do, which could explain the crashing results on my Ouya.

However, I'm a bit confused by the statement that it should work similar to the Windows version, when the folder name stated here is NOT the same folder name as created by the Windows version.

Windows uses a folder named "cheats" (all lower case), so presumably that is what the program's source code specifies.

The folder name recommended for Android in that post is "Cheats" (first letter capitalized), so on a Linux Android system this will not match a folder search for "cheats" (though it would under Windows).

So what is the proper folder name for use with Android ?
"Cheats" or "cheats" ?

I'm going to test this myself, but I'd prefer to have the right usage confirmed by a project coder too.

09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
The folder on my phone is "Cheats" so try that first. If you can, also try lower-case just to make sure. In the code, it says it should be lowercase.
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 09:48 AM by dlanor.)
(09-06-2013 11:09 AM)makotech222 Wrote:  The folder on my phone is "Cheats" so try that first. If you can, also try lower-case just to make sure. In the code, it says it should be lowercase.

I've now already tested it with "cheats" on my Ouya, and this works fine.
(I've played FF3 for a few hours with Gil and Exp gain multipliers that definitely work.)

I'm surprised to hear that "Cheats" also works, since Android is based on Linux, for which character case should always be significant. But perhaps some of the file access libs do their own 'uncasing' for compatibility reasons...

But that might not work the same on every Android platform, which could explain the crashing JackyMacky reported after trying it with a "Cheats" folder.

Just to make sure of the case for an Ouya I'll try renaming that folder...
----- some tests later -----
Yes, it does work fine with my original "cheats" folder renamed to "Cheats".

I wonder if this 'uncasing' is done in the libs of the app or those of the Android implementation. Since Linux is defined as always case sensitive, I assume it has to be done in some software layer above the Linux core.

----- Some googling later (a day later) -----

The answer to the 'casing' riddle was amusingly simple.
I really should have thought of this myself, without googling for it.
It's simply the case insensitivity of the FAT32 file system that does it...

Linux and Android are both case sensitive, but the FAT32 file system device drivers they use are not.

09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Bump. This may need to be stickeyed, since the current one from notabot is out of date and he seems to be MIA