Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Fullscreen on Android
05-15-2013, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 06:51 PM by Denizen.)
PPSSPP Fullscreen on Android
Currently the android version of ppsspp is not truly full screen, and the status bar is quite distracting. It feels much better playing games at native resolution.

However, when I try using applications like full!screen, the emulator screen gets shifted down by the statusbar height and touches are off target.

Here are some screenshots:

Normal
[Image: device_2013_05_15_153323.png]

Fullscreen
[Image: device_2013_05_15_153539.png]

I looked over the code, it seems dp_xres and dp_yres need to be re-initialized.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: PPSSPP Fullscreen on Android
I've never had an app on android in full screen, it always shows the status bar...
05-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Search xda forums,I saw there an app that removes the status bar,it's paid though
05-17-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 09:27 PM by hyakki.)
You can't remove the status bar on android 4.1+ (there used to be an option to minimize in 4.0.3, if the device had hardkeys, but google removed it in the later OS), there are app hacks like full!screen, GMD hidebar, ..etc but they are just hacks that kill the system UI process (causing the screen to stretch, or other glitches like the blue bar you see in ppsspp), no app can permanently hide the bar and recover the screen DIP reserved (usually 48dip for tablets).

However some android apps can add a black bar overlay with white dots (see the clock app for an example), if you really want the statusbar / soft keys removed you will need to hack it out of the android OS like I did, then rely on a softkey replacement like ButtonSavior ... but there are benefits like being able to use fullscreen resolution everywhere and most games that didn't scale properly will now scale.

Here is a guide I made awhile back for one of my tablets, it should be similar across other devices, do it at your own risk and there is a very real possibility of bricking your device so you should be familiar with restoring firmware.
http://www.flashmyandroid.com/forum/show...roid-4-1-1