Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dissidia Random/Wrong BGM issue made BGM work, wha...
05-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Dissidia Random/Wrong BGM issue made BGM work, wha...
Alright, so the thing is while playing dissidia 012 the BGM suddenly worked out of the blue (Android, official build which is not suposed to support atrac3+ by any way s it's pretty impossible atm), I went crazy and kept searching for the bgm that worked as I recognized it, it was from FFVIII, well I tried all FFVIII songs with no results, so I just
tried all of the songs.. And well, guess what? On the second row of songs (After "No BGM, presing right only) From FF I to FF III the bgms actually DO work, but they are not the indicated ones, instead otherz, for example revival from FFII plays the FFVIII one that I got to recognize.

I'm pretty confused, the game is suposed to use Atrac3 for voices and Atract3+ for BGMs, right? Then how come these got to work, or are some of these actually on Atrac3 format?

Thanks for reading!

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 10:07 PM
RE: Dissidia Random/Wrong BGM issue made BGM work, wha...
They must be ATRAC3 or VAG but the mechanism for them must be a bit messed up, simmilarly to Tekken 6 and Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast audio craziness.
05-12-2013, 12:04 PM
(05-10-2013 09:51 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  Alright, so the thing is while playing dissidia 012 the BGM suddenly worked out of the blue (Android, official build which is not suposed to support atrac3+ by any way s it's pretty impossible atm), I went crazy and kept searching for the bgm that worked as I recognized it, it was from FFVIII, well I tried all FFVIII songs with no results, so I just
tried all of the songs.. And well, guess what? On the second row of songs (After "No BGM, presing right only) From FF I to FF III the bgms actually DO work, but they are not the indicated ones, instead otherz, for example revival from FFII plays the FFVIII one that I got to recognize.

I'm pretty confused, the game is suposed to use Atrac3 for voices and Atract3+ for BGMs, right? Then how come these got to work, or are some of these actually on Atrac3 format?

Thanks for reading!

i can't reproduce this unfortunately, but yeah atrac3 (not +) should be playing on Android
05-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Hm, I guess it'd explain if some among them were Atrac3 or VAG, although still strange.

@Jumper Which BGMs did you try? Have in mind that it happens only on Dissidia 012 quick battle mode.

-1GB ram, boo..
05-12-2013, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 02:19 PM by jacky400.)
From the log , you should see something like "This is an atrac3 audio" or "This is an atrac3+ audio"

I will add log for VAG/PCM as well .

Basically this game make use both atrac3 and atrac3+ for BGM

[raven02]
05-12-2013, 11:04 PM
If they are the DLC songs, some of those are ATRAC3 not ATRAC3+.

The problem is, I forgot which were which...try FFIV "Golbez, Clad in Darkness" too, since I recall that one was ATRAC3.

I only use PPSSPP on Windows.
Intel Core i3 1.9GHz | 4GB RAM | Integrated Intel HD 4400 | Windows 8.1 x64
05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
(05-12-2013 01:40 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  Hm, I guess it'd explain if some among them were Atrac3 or VAG, although still strange.

@Jumper Which BGMs did you try? Have in mind that it happens only on Dissidia 012 quick battle mode.

i tried all songs from ff1 to ff3. basically, i enter in quick battle mode, select characters, keep scrolling after "No Bgm" and than select something between ff1 and ff3.what am i missing?
05-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Ohhh it makes sense now, I do have DLC, perphaps that's why you can't reproduce it. I had no idea DLC has BGMs included, I'll check that out.

-1GB ram, boo..
05-13-2013, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 02:04 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(05-13-2013 12:14 AM)kenny43 Wrote:  Ohhh it makes sense now, I do have DLC, perphaps that's why you can't reproduce it. I had no idea DLC has BGMs included, I'll check that out.
Damn, how come I haven't thought of that?! The custom DLCs I tried on the compatibility thread has custom soundtracks too!
The custom DLC's have the same, technicaly you could insert all the audio tracks by creating a costum DLC with ATRAC3.