Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
09-29-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
please work on game compatibility so thast every game work i dont care fast or slow every game should work onthis emulator like pcsx2 no development builds have made any new games playble pls do it fast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2013, 09:49 AM
(09-29-2013 08:12 AM)dara007_168 Wrote:  Hey I think it will be cool if ppsspp have wlan so we can play multiplayer games. It's cool if possible .Just asking is it possible or not

There aalot asking this Big Grin just be patient and wait henrik or coldbird add this feature Sleepy

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
09-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Personally I'm waiting for "Ambient Occlusion" to make game more beautiful Wink and for now "Fake Emulate WLAN Switch" to play training mission in Monster Hunter UNITE & 3rd Smile

And TMO Wink "Team Maverick ONE" working on SPECIAL version of translation patch 6.0 for PSP/PS3 and PPSSPP Exclamation

Some screens from 6.0 patch for PPSSPP (better translation and high textures)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

http://teammaverickone.blogspot.com/
Windows 7 x64 :: 8GB RAM :: E6300 3.52 GHz :: GeForce GTX 560
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2013, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 10:37 AM by dlanor.)
Suggestion: Game title appended to cheat filename (wildcard)
When developing or maintaining cheat codes for multiple games it can be a real nuisance that the filenames only show the SONY game ID codes, which are not very user-friendly. Memorizing more than a few of them can be a real chore, and it would be much easier to handle a lot of them if the filenames also contained the human-readable titles, appended after the game ID string.

Thus the cheat file for "Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness [US]", which is currently named "ULUS10308.ini" could instead be renamed "ULUS10308 Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness (US).ini", or simply "ULUS10308 Disgaea 1.ini" for those who like brief names.

Very little should need to be changed in the program code in order to implement this, as it just requires changing the simple filename usage into a wildcard usage, allowing arbitrary wildcard strings between the first 9 character string and the ".ini" extension.

I had a similar problem some time ago with the PCSX2 emulator (even worse though, as they use game CRCs instead of fixed game IDs), and solved it by adding some wildcard code to a custom version of it, and this worked fine for all of my games, so the method is thoroughly tested. It just needs reimplementation for PPSSPP and the various platforms it is to run on. I'm not sure what platform independent libs you use for this development, but I am sure that some wildcard method can be implemented for all platforms.

The actual addition of these extra strings would be entirely optional and up to the user, though it might be a nice perk to also do it automatically in extracting cheats from a "cheat.db" file. Though in that case some care needs to be taken to convert any title characters that would be invalid in filenames. (colon, slash, backslash etc) This automatic addition of titles in extraction should be seen as a separate suggestion though, as the wildcard usage as such is the main thing here.

Best regards: dlanor
09-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Isn't it enough to simply consider the first 9 characters of the filename before the dot as the ID, and let the rest be freeform? No complicated wildcarding needed.
09-30-2013, 11:21 PM
@dlanor

I tried something like that before. If i remember correctly, we had a bunch of problems with special encoding, and needed cases for each "weird" character that ppsspp didn't like. I suppose i could try and implement it in your way, in which the first 9 characters are required, while the rest can be anything.

I may do it eventually, but feel free to do it yourself Smile Everything you need will be in Cwcheat.cpp
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 09:40 AM by stodag.)
Drag n drop onscreen buttons.. some games need them, especially on android ie fps games, football games.. mainly the trigger buttons which are awkward to press, even More so on a large screen.

edit: if this feature has already been requested, I apologise, to many pages in this thread to read throughSmile thx
10-01-2013, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 12:48 PM by dlanor.)
(09-30-2013 10:00 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Isn't it enough to simply consider the first 9 characters of the filename before the dot as the ID, and let the rest be freeform? No complicated wildcarding needed.

I'm not sure of the distinction, as I think we're talking about exactly the same thing here.
We're probably just using terminology differently, so I'll be over-explicit in my next paragraph (no offense intended).

I'm not familiar with the filesystem term 'freeform', but I think you simply mean that the characters between the first group of 9 and the ".ini" extension may be any valid filesystem characters that the user chooses to place there. And that's exactly what I intended with my suggestion. I used the term 'wildcard' in its standard meaning only for the filesystem method used to allow arbitrary content in the name of a file to be loaded. Where I come from this has always been called 'wildcard' access, and there's nothing really complicated about it.

It may take a few extra function calls, like it did when I implemented it for PCSX2. Those libs didn't have wildcard support for a simple 'file open' function, so instead I had to do a wildcarded search of the "cheats" folder and then open the found file (if any). But even so it was just a few lines extra, so not really complicated at all.

----- change of reply target -----

(09-30-2013 11:21 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  @dlanor

I tried something like that before. If i remember correctly, we had a bunch of problems with special encoding, and needed cases for each "weird" character that ppsspp didn't like.

I'm not sure what you mean here, as PPSSPP code would not be involved in the renaming done manually by a user.

What you say would only apply if you also wanted to implement my secondary suggestion, of making the extraction from a cheat.db file modify the filename by including the game title in the filename, filtered for filename validity. But that's not really necessary. The crucial change is just to allow arbitrary characters after the game ID code, and leaving it up to each user to add those strings as needed. And then they will automatically be valid for the current filesystem as the renaming will otherwise fail (for the user, not in PPSSPP).

Quote:I suppose i could try and implement it in your way, in which the first 9 characters are required, while the rest can be anything.

That's exactly what I intended with my primary suggestion.

Quote:I may do it eventually, but feel free to do it yourself Smile Everything you need will be in Cwcheat.cpp

No offense, but I've heard that one before. Wink

That's exactly what they said in the PCSX2 forums too, so I did the development myself, produced a suitable patch file and tried to contribute it, resulting only in it being ignored forever. That fix never was adopted, forcing me to recompile every PCSX2 version I want it in, which becomes really old really fast... (One reason I haven't bothered with that emulator for some time now.)

And that's not even an option for PPSSPP since there's some basic incompatibility between some of your required development components and some I already have installed on my systems. (Microsoft just loves hidden traps like that.) So trying to install the stuff PPSSPP needs, in recommended sequence, only leads to error messages when reaching the extra compiler parts, which simply refuse to add themselves to my existing VS setups. I'd have to start from scratch with a clean computer, which isn't really an option right now. (None of the six I currently have is both free for it and suitable for it.)

So if none of you guys will adopt this fix, then I guess it just won't happen.

No big deal, I can live with this too. It's just inconvenient when developing or testing cheats for multiple games.

10-01-2013, 06:45 PM
My number one wish list right now is audio quality fix, it's barely playable now with all the crackle and pop, if you're lucky that is, on some games it's just absolute garble (Jewel Summoner). Personally I wouldn't mind having to use external program like JPCSP did with sonic stage and just let the dodgy at3 decoder to handle the mono source which sonic stage can't decode if it means better audio quality until the devs could sort it out themselves (which I imagine is no easy task).
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 07:12 PM by TheDax.)
Bug fix requests aren't really feature requests. That said, we'll be moving away from the current Atrac 3+ implementation once FFMPEG finally gets support for Atrac 3+, which is in the works right now.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Well I thought external decoder option is an optional feature. Great news about the new FFMPEG decoder support though.
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
When we get some new shaders or Ambient Occlusion in emulator?? Build in emulator (not some addons)

http://teammaverickone.blogspot.com/
Windows 7 x64 :: 8GB RAM :: E6300 3.52 GHz :: GeForce GTX 560
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 07:35 PM
(10-01-2013 07:24 PM)naoan Wrote:  Well I thought external decoder option is an optional feature. Great news about the new FFMPEG decoder support though.

After re-reading the post, I realise I misinterpreted it. Sorry. We used an external program for a while(I think it didn't have official support on hrydgard's main tree; I forget) but it was extremely buggy and we couldn't bundle it with the emulator as it required you to grab that leaked file from one of those Fate games.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
@dlanor

Its pretty easy to get your stuff into ppsspp, just need to generate a pull request, and Henrik is pretty good about accepting them.
10-02-2013, 12:03 AM
(10-01-2013 09:20 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  @dlanor

Its pretty easy to get your stuff into ppsspp, just need to generate a pull request, and Henrik is pretty good about accepting them.

Thanks for that info, but how do I generate a valid branch to make the 'pull' from, given that installation of a fully valid PPSSPP development environment is impossible on all of my 6 computers ?

Remember what I said in my earlier post about how some PPSSPP dev environment components will NOT install properly on my systems due to already installed conflicting libs/compilers (as used to compile PCSX2 and similar projects). That problem applies to both of my two main computers, while my other ones simply aren't suitable to modern dev uses. (Like some old server towers running Win2003server OS, and used mainly for a Plex media library.)

Since I can't install the environment fully, I also can't maintain a valid project branch, and as far as I know that's required in order for the main project to 'pull' anything from me.

In addition to that technical requirement, I'd obviously need to test any code I make before contributing to the main project, which test is also impossible for the same reason.

I suppose I could try creating a virtual machine using vmWare on my main PC, so as to get a new clean 'computer' to start over on from scratch, without dev package conflicts. But that will be quite a lot of bother, so it won't happen for a while. (Basic Windows install, full Windows update, followed by install of all the stuff needed for PPSSP development, and all at vmWare speed rather than true PC speed.)

I'll probably do that at some point, but right now I don't have time for it.
(And I wonder if PPSSPP will tolerate the video drivers of such a virtual PC.)