Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
02-10-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
It would perhaps use 2x less fillrate (actually 4x, 2x2) but that is usually not the performance bottleneck, so except on the very weakest hardware, there's no way it would make much of a difference.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 06:08 PM
And what about the other resolution setting?

There is the "Display resolution" setting which contains 3 options
-Native device resolution
-Auto (same as rendering resolution)
-1x PSP

There should be an option to use lower resolution than native device resolution. For example my Galaxy S2 i9100 has 800x480 screen resolution. If I could choose half the resolution, for example 400x240 or 0.5x PSP in PPSSPP, would the games run better?

Galayx S2 is a weak phone compared to today's flagships, so lower resolution should help to increase the speed. (Any option is good that increases the performance.)
02-10-2015, 07:13 PM
plugins for cheatmaster fusion

wanna see my face watch the movie
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/nOijRAbjKME[/video]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 08:26 PM
ravope, you can already use the Display Resolution setting to use your device's builtin "hardware scaler" to effectively simulate a lower resolution, saving your GPU the work to stretch it, at least.
02-11-2015, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 01:28 AM by ravope.)
Sry, I don't understand your reply. There are only those 3 options in the Display Resolution setting that I mentioned before. It doesn't matter what I choose, the performance remains the same.

My phone is not rooted. It has the stock Android 4.1.2 version. Where is that built in hardware scaler (maybe resolution changer?) setting?
02-11-2015, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 01:35 AM by [Unknown].)
The PSP screen was 480x272. If you use 1x PSP for both options, you are already getting 480x272, which is only a bit more than half your device's resolution (800x480 -> 400x240.)

If you find that setting the "Display resolution (HW scaler)" option to 1x PSP or Native has little or no impact on performance, that means that probably 0.5x PSP would probably also have little or no impact on performance.

The Galaxy S2 i9100 has a Mali-400 gpu. Unfortunately, PPSSPP does not work well with Mali-400 GPUs, either because of bad drivers or because of lack of shader registers. Either way, it has to shift into "slow gear" to make graphics even show up. Newer Mali GPUs and other GPUs don't have this problem (not 100% sure about Mali-450), it seems to be relatively unique to the Mali-400.

To put it in more understandable terms, the lighting and effects that PSP games do is too complicated for your GPU, so we have to do them a slower way on your CPU. I guess we could try an option to completely disable lighting or something as a speedhack, but this would probably cause severe and unexpected graphical glitches. I'm not sure if games would even be playable without lighting (although the less complicated usage could be left unaffected.)

-[Unknown]
02-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Seplugins
I don't know if anyone asked for this before but I'll do it anyway. Integrating this feature would be great, specially for those like me, who wants to play some asian games and the only translation patches come as seplugin and not as pff patch.
02-13-2015, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 09:16 AM by Just in time.)
Had a thought I like playing on the touch screen mostly because its convenient, would it be a good idea to have an option emulate a second analog stick out of the d-pad and the square/triangle/circle/X buttons, thinking mostly of crosshair accuracy in shooters. PP.SS. you guys are awesome. Update upon second consideration maybe allow duplicate on screen buttons and or the ability to change the shape of the on screen L and R buttons to a circle in order to equally distribute odd camera set ups like in assassins creed if its worth it, setting up my touch screen control profile for assassins creed has been the most challenging one.
02-13-2015, 03:51 PM
this might be a feature/hack/cheat already but in Resistance Retribution you can plug a psp with the game running into a ps3 via usb and play it with full controller support if you have resistance 2 would there be any way to do this via ppsspp?
02-14-2015, 06:45 PM
texture dumpter - texmod support
02-15-2015, 02:15 AM
(02-09-2015 02:50 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  This is the pull:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5509
(it resamples different effects with different pitches.)

This is where it was reverted:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5551

-[Unknown]

Man that's tough, I'm like brainstorming to understand what each function does and to the ones I do, your code is always better than what comes into my mind, if that didn't work mine is going to break the emulator as a whole. I guess I need to read about PSP's architecture more...
02-15-2015, 06:59 AM
plz add an easy way for translation patches to work

thx....
02-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Translations for games, or for the emulator? The emulator should already have support for different languages (Settings > System > Language), and translations are usually patched onto an ISO or CSO using external tools such as XDelta. (which has a variant with an interface)

I've seen a good few different tools out there for applying patches, so I don't think that'd really be something that would make sense to implement. Would be glad to be corrected if I'm wrong there, though.
02-15-2015, 09:08 AM
(08-15-2014 01:55 PM)barbanium Wrote:  I'm sure, with 75 pages of requests, this has already been requested.
If not, then I hope developers would begin to consider adding this.

If it's not too much to ask, could PPSSPP have an in-game multiplayer chat box?

If possible make it:
[list][*]toggle-able so we have an option to enable/disable it in UI settings
[*]movable/resizable so we can control what portion of the screen it blocks.
[*]with changeable background opacity so we can see through it: These are just concepts that I have in mind. I'm not even sure if they're possible to do.

Please and thank you! Big Grin

(09-04-2014 04:57 PM)Inuyashaya Wrote:  
(08-15-2014 01:55 PM)barbanium Wrote:  I'm sure, with 75 pages of requests, this has already been requested.
If not, then I hope developers would begin to consider adding this.

If it's not too much to ask, could PPSSPP have an in-game multiplayer chat box?

If possible make it:
[list][*]toggle-able so we have an option to enable/disable it in UI settings
[*]movable/resizable so we can control what portion of the screen it blocks.
[*]with changeable background opacity so we can see through it.
These are just concepts that I have in mind. I'm not even sure if they're possible to do.

Please and thank you! Big Grin

I want this too and maybe a lot off people too

Definitely would love to have this feature.
02-17-2015, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 01:14 PM by a1425367898.)
My English is poor.
Hope you can understand what I request by this picture.