Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A problem with xBRZ Texture
05-09-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: A problem with xBRZ Texture
(05-09-2013 02:44 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 01:27 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 12:54 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I remember that this game has some really low res textures even for huge 3D surfaces (so unfortunate) and on top of that they are really heavily compressed (much noise).

What I wonder right now is, could those hiccups get ironed out so they wouldn't be really noticable? I don\t mean when or how, like, I wonder if it is actually possible to a point it won't be noticable.

That's interesting, do you think we can enhance these graphics by another way ?

Texture replacement, but that's better left for later. The point now is thinking what could potentialy speed up the scalling process. I think the implementation of more instruction sets would speed it up if it was kept in CPU, now, if it would get moved to GPU it would be faster itself but I don't know what could make it even faster. I need some assistance from a dev. I had the idea of dedicating a thread or a core to stuff like that, (advanced texture scalling, audio interpolation, fullscreen shaders) which is kind of a trend nowdays on emulators that try to use threads and cores at maximum without having to deal with the trouble of real multithreading/multicore support.

PS: If I remember correctly, there is a tool on Windows that inspects textures in memory and you can replace them and it's OpenGL based. Dunno if it would work, I wouldn't use it anyway but I'm just saying. I still prefer for the moment to iron as good as possible the texture scalling method since it's a universal way to improve quality on any game right out of the box.

I hope the developers will see your post, I think your idea can be very good...
Unfortunately I'm not a developer for the moment, and even less talented enough Sad

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply