Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 3: Unrecorded Chronicles
06-03-2014, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 11:02 AM by Andysun.)
RE: Valkyria Chronicles 3: Unrecorded Chronicles
I'm currently having issues trying to use post-game (after having completed the campaign once) saves from my PS Vita.
All other saves prior to finishing the game work but when attempting to load the post-game save it simply starts a new campaign with all stats wiped (no currency, exp, only first mission available to play). Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 03:21 PM by aristerus.)
Hey guys! Really really need your help. so im at ch. 7 of the game where you get assisted by juliana so even before my turn comes up this thing comes up from the game:

and I absolutely have no idea how to get past this.

PLS HELP!!

(06-16-2014 02:54 PM)aristerus Wrote:  Hey guys! Really really need your help. so im at ch. 7 of the game where you get assisted by juliana so even before my turn comes up this thing comes up from the game:

and I absolutely have no idea how to get past this.

PLS HELP!!

Ummm this is quite stupid of me but managed to fix it by downgrading from ppsspp version 0.9.6 to 0.9.5

Glad that I could fix it immediately.
anyways sorry for the false alarm(?) *peace
07-19-2014, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 01:21 PM by vnctdj.)
Plz some 1 can help me how to use the translate patch...First me ISO dont have 1,64 and dont know why.....It have 1,35.Plz some 1 send me a link from where i can take it whit 1,64 ...I go mad ....i have not sleep all the night only for do this translate and is still dont work....
I have watch the video whit the guide i do exactly the same but when start the Step 3 is come a error some think about 7 (here is the image     )
....I have dont the update for java,7-zip,netframe.I think is because me ISO dont have 1,64...But dont know where to fiend it..I have download the game for 3 sources..dont know any more what to do...I am desperate...
Plz tell me whit more info possible so i can understand for dont replay more times.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
08-23-2014, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2014 03:07 AM by raven1694.)
I cant even get to the title screen. It goes to the no save data found and the questions but I dont know how to get the data to continue on. Im rather new at this emulator and dont know how to get the data to get to the game and/or save the game.
I'm using the newest ppsspp emulator.
Please help I really want to play.
08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Press the button you've configured to be O, not X. It's a Japanese game so it uses inversed confirm buttons to what you're used to.

-[Unknown]
03-29-2015, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 04:54 AM by beanxinh.)
Sad Valkyria Chronicles 3 with Galaxy note 4 Exynox Help
Hi
I tried to play VC 3 with my Galaxy note 4 but when I went to battle the screen went dark like the screenshot

hxxp://s28.postimg.org/tysxrhpb1/Screenshot_2015_03_29_12_15_17.png

My settings:

Graphics:
Buffered rendering
Simulate block transfer checked
frameskipping OFF
Postprocessing shader OFF
Stretch to display unchecked
Small display unchecked
Rendering resolution 2x
Display resolution: Native device resolution
Mipmapping checked
Hardware transform checked
Software skinning checked
Vertex Cache checked
Lazy tecture caching, retain changed textures, disable slower effects all unchecked
Spline/Bezier curves quality High
Upscale level 2x
Upscale type xBRZ
Deposterize checked
Anisotropic filtering Off
Texture filtering Linear
Timer hack unchecked
Disable alpha test unchecked
Disable stencil test unchecked
Force depth write Unchecked
Texture coord speedhack Unchecked
Software rendering unchecked

Please Help.
Thank a lot Big Grin

Cheers

Edit: sorry I don't know how to insert image to my thread
03-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-20-2015, 09:40 PM
[SOLVED] for now. I have yet to play through the game yet, so I'll just post this here so others can find a possible answer to their problem.
>>>>>Skip to this at the bottom to see what my solution was.

Hello,
I have a similar problem to beanxinh, besides the fact that, instead of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I am using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
I'm using PPSSPP Android v.1.0.1.0

Problem: Everything seems to work perfectly fine until I enter the first battle. It seems like the screen turns a solid black, other than the UI and other indicators for positions, etc. Before it, however, there's a rapid blink of the normal gameplay (I wasn't able to provide a screenshot of this since it takes a bit of time to take a screenshot on a phone). Here's a screenshot of the continuing visual:
(remove the space between the t's in http for the correct link)
ht tp://i60.tinypic.com/24cw6xz.png

I can still move around as well as shoot and use the menu and such, it's just the screen's black.
SETTINGS>GRAPHICS:
Read framebuffers to memory (CPU)
Simulate block transfer: OFF
Frameskipping: 2
Auto Frameskip: OFF
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60: ON
Alternative speed: 0 (unlimited)
-
Postprocessing shader: FXAA Antialiasing
Stretch to display: OFF
Small display: OFF
Immersive mode: OFF
-
Rendering Resolution: 2x PSP
Display resolution: Native Device Resolution
Mipmapping: OFF
Hardware transform: OFF
Software skinning: OFF
Vertex cache: OFF
Lazy texture caching: OFF
Retain changed textures: OFF
Disable slower effects: OFF
Spline/Bezier curves quality: High
-
Upscale level: Auto
Upscale type: xBRZ
Deposterize: OFF
-
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Texture filtering: Auto
Screen scaling filter: Linear
-
Google cardboard: OFF
All hacks: OFF

SETTINGS>SYSTEM:
Fast memory: OFF
Multithreaded: OFF
I/O on thread: ON
I/O timing method: Fast
Force real clock sync: OFF
PSP CPU clock: 0 (auto)
Respect FPU rounding: ON

SETTINGS>SYSTEM>DEVELOPER TOOLS
Dynarec (JIT): ON

When I set the Rendering mode to Buffered rendering, I got this visual:
ht tp://i61.tinypic.com/2l92h37.png

I tried messing around with the settings and this was the best I could produce (I'm not too familiar with most of the settings options).
And oh my god, I just solved it as I was writing this post. It started showing once I set the-

>>>>> [Rendering mode to Non-buffered rendering].

It probably would have made sense to attempt this before writing this post, but well, meh. I guess I'll just leave this here in case anyone might find this a solution to their problem as well or if it was just some random fluke on my part, with a random combination of settings that ended up working.

Just on a side note, though, if anybody finds a method that allows the game to work properly with a buffered rendering mode, that would be great. Not completely sure how much better buffered is to non-buffered, but it just sounds like it would be better to me and allows for more setting options to become available.

Bit of a long post, sorry.
05-22-2015, 03:52 AM
Weird. Buffered rendering should work fine on that device.

Non-buffered rendering means "disable the game's ability to render using buffers." You'll be missing some effects because PPSSPP will ignore it when the game tries to render them.

"Read framebuffers to memory" also has flaws. "Buffered rendering" should be the best one.

I recommend:
* Change software skinning to on. Usually this is faster and it has no cost to accuracy.
* Change hardware skinning to on. This is almost always faster and has no cost to accuracy (unless there are bugs.)
* Change auto frameskip to on. This will prevent skipping frames if your phone can handle the speed without skipping. Usually this will mean a better experience at a small cost to performance.
* Try changing upscale level to off. Maybe this is somehow involved in the weird graphical glitch you're seeing.

-[Unknown]
08-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Hi, i encountered an error here. I was playing chapter 5, it's when we going to liberate Cosette (i went to plan a which we're taking north side of Yuell). So i was moving to the last area which there is the Darcsen commander giving order. When the enemy turn comes and he is giving an order my ppsspp crashed. Is there any solution about my problem here? Thanks.
11-20-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2017 08:48 AM by LunaMoo.)
Sharing a simple hack:
Code:
_S ULJM-05957
_G Senjou no Valkyria 3 E2
_C0 LOD multiplier
_L 0xE0067F59 0x000D85CC
_L 0x200D85CC 0x0E200560
_L 0x20001580 0x3C1B4080 //<-for custom value change 4080 to the first 4 digits of floating point(4080 == 0x40800000 == 4.0)
_L 0x20001584 0x449BF800
_L 0x20001588 0x0A317F59
_L 0x2000158C 0x461F6302
_L 0x200D85E0 0x0E200560
_C0 LOD multiplier [Disable]
_L 0x200D85CC 0x0E317F59
_L 0x200D85E0 0x0E317F59
When used on ppsspp older than v1.3-140-g547b362 remove the comment from the code line or put it into newline as comments after code lines weren't supported in the past.

Here's some screenshots, basically it changes this:
[Image: 2PbXBbr.jpg]

Into this:
[Image: NBqmIf8.jpg]

I cheated a bit here and actually set LOD to very small value to show a close-up of how awful distant textures are, normally they only show further from the camera, but I'm pretty sure everyone who ever saw this game emulated on big screen saw that anyway, it's soo bad that in case of soldiers hiding behind sand bags low quality often hides them completely;p.

Edit: Another visual improvement, hackish fix for black sky:
Code:
_C0 Black Sky Fix
_L 0xE004002D 0x004721C0
_L 0x204721C0 0x0A200580
_L 0x20001600 0x254AFFFF
_L 0x20001604 0x0A31C872
_L 0x20001608 0x98CB002D
_C0 Black Sky Fix [Disable]
_L 0x204721C0 0x98CB002D
For same game version as earlier code, basically it changes:
[Image: Io6jHPG.jpg]

Into that:
[Image: T13SlbY.jpg]

Edit:
Also a v2 of my 60 fps patch:
Code:
_C0 60 fps v2
_L 0xE003FFF7 0x003DC938
_L 0x203DC938 0x00000000
_L 0x20047CC0 0x46006346
_L 0x20047FC0 0x46006B06
//requires restart after activating:3
_C0 60 fps v2 [Disable]
_L 0x203DC938 0x1620FFF7
_L 0x20047CC0 0x460C0342
_L 0x20047FC0 0x460D6302
The only difference from first one is in 60fps unlock to avoid patching places which are natively 60fps, ~ now it avoids double speed of 2D animations in base camp.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-01-2016, 03:25 AM
Any tips on how to get this started? I have the patched 1.64 G game but can't seem to load it.

PPSSPP recognizes the game is there I think(After the initial attempt, the shortcut icon of the game is there so you can just click it instead of going through the manual load)

But no matter what I do I can't get the game to actually play. Just get a black screen.
12-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I see three possibilities:
- corrupted iso, which seems to be very common problem even more likely here due to translation which has a very obscure patching process that can fail in many ways, in fact even correctly patched leaves the game very glitchy, aside from countless text messup it also breakes at least one popular dlc mission and changes game ID to incorrect one from older game release,
- using game breaking settings which ppsspp has a lot due to popular demand or some broken cheats which psp games tend to have a lot,
- trying to play on some constantly broken platform that nobody really maintains(like iOS, messed up by apple as a feature) or on platform which people actually care about, but is in practice impossible to fully maintain due to huge variety of different hardware, OS versions and lots of buggy drivers(android).

So going throught those for solutions:
- try redumping and launching fresh, unpatched copy,
- restore default settings(there's an option for that under system settings) avoiding any savestates made earlier(probably none in this case, I just generalize),
- learn how to code and fix the problems on your device/support your favorite platform.

In that order as it most likely is file corruption, size doesn't matter, people mention size of this game only because there's known and very obvious to see problem with patching process that might repack the final iso without it's biggest archive. On devices that were not designed to store important data - which includes all even very expensive "gaming hardware" - files can easily get damaged in many ways.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know what causes/fixes these ugly boxes in the speech bubbles?

oi64 .tinypic.com/2pqktw9.jpg

(please remove space in the url)

Using ppsspp 1.3 on Windows 7

Current settings:

Backend: OpenGL
Mode: Buffered rendering
Simulate block transfer effects: OFF
Frameskipping: 1
Auto Frameskip: ON
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60: ON
Alternative speed: 200%
Postprocessing shader: Natural Colors
Fullscreen: ON
Rendering rsolution: Auto(1:1)
Vsync: OFF
Mipmapping: OFF
Hardware transform: ON
Vertex cache: ON
Lazy texture caching: OFF
Retain changed textures: OFF
Disable slower effects: OFF
Spline/Bezier curves quality: High
Upscale level: Auto
Upscale type: Bicubic
Deposterize: OFF
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Texture filtering: Linear on FMV
All hack settings: OFF

Fast memory: ON
Multithreaded: OFF
I/O on thread: ON
I/O timing method: Fast
Force real clock sync: OFF
Change emulated PSP's CPU clock: Auto
Rewind snapshot frequency: OFF
Memory Stick inserted: ON
12-16-2016, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 08:36 PM by Asferot.)
(12-16-2016 07:05 PM)QD314 Wrote:  Does anyone know what causes/fixes these ugly boxes in the speech bubbles?
SNIP

Try changing these.

Texture filtering: Linear on FMV

Everything is Hitsuzen!