Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Temporary audio solution
04-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Temporary audio solution
If Attract3 codec is included in a DLL of Sonic Stage, then while the free codec is not developed, a temporary solution would be a plugin that uses that DLL.

The user would install Sonic Stage, copy the DLL to PPSSPP folder and uninstall Sonic Stage (I would not like to keep it).
And PPSSPP would use the DLL to decode Attract3 audio.

Linux users can try to install Sonic Stage with Wine, or install it on a Virtual Machine (Virtualbox) to copy the DLL. Or they can copy the DLL from the computer of a friend.
The Linux version of PPSSPP would use winelib to open the DLL and decode Attract3 audio.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: Temporary audio solution
But this so called DLL belongs to Sony, so we can't use it because PPSSPP is open-source...

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
JPCSP is open-source and use the DLL.
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
There is already a branch of PPSSPP that can use sonic stage to decode atrac3+ audio.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

This is not an ideal solution though as sonic stage only work on windows. What we need is an open source atrac3+ decoder so PPSSPP can have full audio on all platforms. Currently such a thing doesn't exist.
04-23-2013, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 10:56 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I never got the idea of "This emulator does this thing so we should too" apart from features that could have a reasonable reason but for directions it's crazy. I mean if JPCSP condunded piracy should PPSSPP follow or something? Same goes with those DLLs (even if you could out that thing going on with at3tool.exe that is illegal to use either way, distributing it or not, but nobody probably has enough IQ to understand that but OK I'll count out that for now until C&D threats will start like in PS3 sites). PPSSPP is about convinience and cross platform compatibility. SonicStage installation and transcoding streams instead of simple decoding is anything else than convinient and practical. Implementing such thing only in one format results also into defeating the meaning of the initials of it's own name.
04-24-2013, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 08:13 AM by rpglord.)
I think decoders are in exe files, not dll, they just use dll.
For example. there are 2 decoders available currently at3tool.EXE and atrac3plus2wav.EXE
EXE files do not work on android, and there is already ppsspp build for windows, it will probably be merged soon to master
04-24-2013, 08:26 AM
ATRAC3 decoder is now open source!

http://forums.sonyinsider.com/topic/2067...en-source/
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks ProloqTV but atrac3 is not the problem. atrac3+ is the one we cant decode. Smile
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
There is already a way for ATRAC3 files to get decoded on all platforms. We're talking for ATRAC3+...
04-24-2013, 10:04 AM
sorry i hope that can help :x

My english is very bad i know xD