Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3 HD Cards Texture Pack
03-05-2022, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2022 12:00 AM by chrisfand.)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3 HD Cards Texture Pack
Texture pack for Tag Force 3: ULES01183 JP VOICE ON

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1a3rm1jei...t=download
Includes option for TCG or Anime card images.

Screenshot Comparisons
Image comparison album link

Info
99% complete and made with Python, using textures extracted from game iso and perceptual hash matching
with PPSSPP texture dumps. Game ISO textures are named using Konami internal codes,
which was used to automatically scrape card info from Yugipedia. A Python dictionary created
from the scrape results was then used to match and generate text.
Less than 10 textures (card icons, card sleeves, 3 egyption god cards) were done manually.

Anime cards use the uncensored Japanese card art, so some card images may differ slightly.
The Destiny Board F.I.N.A.L. cards are D.E.A.T.H. in the OCG for example
Large Card images are generated from the game ISO artwork, which was extracted using CIPTool and GimConv.
Album sized card images (TCG & Anime) from YGOPRO.
Card frame images may be too big for slow devices and cause stutter.

Instructions
Place all files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\PPSSPP\PSP\TEXTURES\ULES01183\

Activate Texture replacements in PPSSPP settings:
Game Settings > Tools > Developer Tools > Replace textures

If you would rather use TCG card images instead of anime images, rename and use
the other textures.ini file

Anime cards use the uncensored Japanese card art, so some card images may differ slightly.
The Destiny Board F.I.N.A.L. cards are D.E.A.T.H. in the OCG for example
Large Card images are generated from the game ISO artwork, which was extracted using CIPTool and GimConv.
Album sized card images (TCG & Anime) from YGOPRO.
Card frame images may be too big for slow devices and cause stutter.

Missing Textures
Any card without a Passcode which includes:
Anime exclusive cards that have no TCG/OCG equivalent
Divine Beast cards which don't have passcodes
Token cards
Some large cards due to imperfect image hash matching ~1%
(large cards have junk data at bottom right)

Future Possible Updates
Scraping card rarity and coloring the text in images accordingly

Special Thanks
xan1242's CIPTool for dumping textures from the game
epicepicness from YGOPRO2 forums for anime-style card images
YGOPRO2 for TCG card images
Forum user GDO-KV2 for providing card icons and card frame textures
Forum user MiyamuraShiro for his Yu-Gi-Oh! Portuguese TF1 remaster project, which got me interested in starting this.
Konami for making Master Duel and modern Yu-Gi-Oh such an awful experience, leading me to go back to older games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2022, 01:43 PM
RE: Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 3 HD Cards Texture Pack
Holy moly this looks great!
05-12-2022, 08:26 PM
Hey Chrisfand,

For the most part I've been able to fix the loading of default textures for the spell and trap icons. However, class duels still load the default textures. In addition, I've added manga card backs as well as replacement deck textures to compliment them.

If you want, you are more than free to take my "work" and clean it up to your liking.

The zip folder can be downloaded from https://www.mediafire.com/file/v9rokc2xk...3.rar/file
08-28-2022, 07:40 PM
(05-12-2022 08:26 PM)devscanttouchme Wrote:  Hey Chrisfand,

For the most part I've been able to fix the loading of default textures for the spell and trap icons. However, class duels still load the default textures. In addition, I've added manga card backs as well as replacement deck textures to compliment them.

If you want, you are more than free to take my "work" and clean it up to your liking.

The zip folder can be downloaded from https://www.mediafire.com/file/v9rokc2xk...3.rar/file

That link is dead. What was that supposed to be exactly?
09-01-2022, 09:33 AM
[quote='chrisfand' pid='143665' dateline='1646511516']
Texture pack for Tag Force 3: ULES01183 JP VOICE ON

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1a3rm1jei...t=download
Includes option for TCG or Anime card images.

Instructions
Place all files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\PPSSPP\PSP\TEXTURES\ULES01183\

Activate Texture replacements in PPSSPP settings:
Game Settings > Tools > Developer Tools > Replace textures

Can someone rec a video or give more information about it?
I copied the zip content in /memstick/PSP/TEXTURES/ULES01183 and i changed to "Replace texture" but it doesn't work.
(I'am playing from Windows PC)
Can I have some help?
Thanks
10-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Everything works fine except the card arts Sad
https://imgsli.com/MTI4NzUy
10-05-2022, 09:45 AM
Hey chris. I literally just made an account just to post here. You did an awesome job with the cards and i loved your tg1 mod which felt more like a total remaster. I do have a question about this one though. When i try to edit my deck the cards are all really pixelated and low res in my deck and trunk something that was working in tf1. Upon further inspection there are also other features that your tf 1 mod included that don't seem to be working in this one, like the awesome hd portraits. Am i doing something wrong like using the wrong version(there is a non-European version but the mod doesn't seem to work at all with that one) or is this intended? Because it would be a shame all those awesome features aren't included in tf3 which has a considerable amount more cards and appears to be the definitive experience if you like the gx world. I do plan to visit tf6 too eventually since the only games i played in the series are tf1 and tf5 but as you said the more modern yugioh gets the more it looses its charm so i would like to dig in to tf3 first.
05-15-2023, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2023 12:19 AM by Growlanser.)
Ok so I don't understand why you used the censored artwork for the cardslarge images, specially since you got it right in the TF1 pack. When you play the game you have to see the censored artwork mixed up with the uncensored one. Any way around this? An update maybe? It feels like you half assed this pack and abandoned it without finishing it.
05-29-2023, 09:35 PM
Everything works except the card arts for me. I'm so frustrated i can't have my game looking like yours. Pls help kind sir
06-05-2023, 11:35 AM
Can you confirm that changing the game language causes the textures to not work?
06-06-2023, 07:35 PM
Yeah it won't work. If you change the language, the card images also change, which requires thousands of new hashes. I'll include other languages in a future update. Remaking the images with other languages will probably be after that.
07-06-2023, 01:38 AM
Hey Chrisfand,

Sorry to ask but would it be possible to make this awesome texture pack compatible with the ULJM05373 version?

It has gotten a translation patch as well and since it's the japanese version it has uncesored character models and animations
09-27-2023, 11:44 PM
So I downloaded this for Tag force three, and this is what my cards look like even after downloading the pack right. Is there anyway to fix what has happened?

Attached File(s)
.png  Screenshot 2023-09-27 204409.png (Size: 339 KB / Downloads: 446)