Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very slow load time
11-11-2021, 12:44 AM
Very slow load time
My PSP's thumb stick broke last week, after some shopping I decided to use an emulator instead of replacing it.

I've only tried two games so far, Persona 3 Portable. Which runs perfectly fine, some slight graphical issues but I assume thats cause the game is being stretched out to a higher resolution

The other game is Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. And I can't even get past the first loading screen.
I put the ISO in the emulator, hit launch, the game says its reading the memory stick, then it goes to a loading screen. And the load screen never ends. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes now and nothing has happened.

P3P loads in less than 10 seconds. Is this a sign something is wrong with my ISO? Is there anything I can do to improve load time?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2021, 02:14 AM
RE: Very slow load time
Not sure what's going on, it may be a bad rip of the disc. What device are you using? Do you have save data?

-[Unknown]
11-11-2021, 06:34 AM
I was able to get past the load screen by messing with some of the emulator settings.
But now after the first mission the after mission debriefing fails to load. It shows me the screen but no dialogue happens and I can't skip or anything.
I re-ripped the ISO and its still doing it.
https://imgur.com/HA5heMd
11-11-2021, 03:59 PM
Did you used install data? If during installation you mess around ie. use savestates, maybe even change some options it might be corrupted and then load garbage. In which case you should manually remove that corrupted install data.

Installing data takes a bit of time which is what you might had experience, but you don't need to install it to begin with since PPSSPP is much faster than running the game from UMD, and there are definitely cheats to unlock things unlocked by installing data without doing it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-11-2021, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2021 11:42 PM by Ciaran_Zagami.)
I used the large install.
I'll delete the installed data and try to reinstall it.
The game will not let me play without choosing between the large or small install however and I have no idea how to bypass it.

Edit: Did what I said, seems to be working now I guess?
11-15-2021, 11:16 AM
(11-11-2021 12:44 AM)Ciaran_Zagami Wrote:  My PSP's thumb stick broke last week, after some shopping I decided to use an emulator instead of replacing it.

I've only tried two games so far, Persona 3 Portable. Which runs perfectly fine, some slight graphical issues but I assume thats cause the game is being stretched out to a higher resolution

The other game is Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. And I can't even get past the first loading screen.
I put the ISO in the emulator, hit launch, the game says its reading the memory stick, then it goes to a loading screen. And the load screen never ends. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes now and nothing has happened.

P3P loads in less than 10 seconds. Is this a sign something is wrong with my ISO? Is there anything I can do to improve load time?

Press the "Home" button on the PSP. This is located underneath the LCD screen on the left side. The visual shell menu (VSH) will appear. Select "CPU Clock Game," which changes the clock speed of the PSP only during gameplay.