Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Networking Info Thread
07-19-2021, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2021 10:12 AM by Zinx777.)
RE: PPSSPP Networking Info Thread
More games that won't work even now on PPSSPP and I am too lazy to open an issue about them (and no one will play them anyway except maybe Rush):
Rush
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE - PARTY EDITION
Super Pocket Tennis
Seek and Destroy

All tried locally.
Most of the games I saw in another list I found that someone did and they still seem relevant.
I would like to focus on games that got a larger issue to them might not be an ad-hoc one.
Also they are mostly small games lol.

Seek and Destory and Rush seems to have a similar issue but the former game will show this :
[Image: unknown.png]
(not my picture lol).

Changing the timeout won't help though.
Anyway If I feel like it I might do an issue to each one of them later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2021, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2021 07:19 PM by AdamN.)
Based on the last argument value "00000000, 0)" which is "timeout_in_microseconds, nonblocking_flag)" that game seems to use blocking PdpRecv with infinite timeout (ie. 0), so tampering the Minimum Timeout won't have any effect because infinite is already the highest possible time Big Grin

But based on the timestamp on the left-most, each PdpRecv tooks less than 10 milliseconds interval, so it seems an error (probably not really a timeout error) occurred and causing PdpRecv (who supposedly waiting for incoming data forever) ended prematurely, we might be returning a wrong error code...

I'll check on it later, i hope it's a small game tho Smile
Are the other games also shows similar logs?

Edits: oops it wasn't your logs, but that logs seems to be an old one... i hope that person wasn't using an old PPSSPP where blocking socket haven't been implemented yet... otherwise it's normal to get timeout error because back then we don't have blocking socket simulation yet LOL

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-20-2021, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2021 04:11 AM by Zinx777.)
Didn't encounter something that also had these logs lol.
But we used the latest builds and still got these logs anyway.
Noticed that for most if not all games you need to accept the invite pretty instantly (micro seconds even maybel lol) because the invite goes to the other play too fast.
07-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Looks like 1.12 is coming up very soon.
Hope something big is planned before it or something.
07-26-2021, 10:34 AM
And yet i haven't had the time to do any coding for weeks Sad

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-26-2021, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2021 03:19 PM by Zinx777.)
You did a lot I feel so I guess its time to rest.
Hopefully people like Linblow will continue the helm on networking related changes.
BTW you at least fixed one game that works online on PPSSPP but not Adhoc Party which is an official software by Sony lol.
Pretty cool stuff.