Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Logo
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
RE: Logo
(12-03-2012 10:40 PM)mrjaredbeta Wrote:  Maybe something with this? I just took a screenshot from my PSP using the prxshot plugin. Maybe add "PPSSPP" on top?

EDIT: If you want a different color then feel free to ask.

Is this similar to what you had in mind?

[Image: YetAnotherPPSSPP.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 05:53 PM
(12-04-2012 01:13 AM)MrZackarius Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 10:40 PM)mrjaredbeta Wrote:  Maybe something with this? I just took a screenshot from my PSP using the prxshot plugin. Maybe add "PPSSPP" on top?

EDIT: If you want a different color then feel free to ask.

Is this similar to what you had in mind?

[Image: YetAnotherPPSSPP.png]

Wow, that looks cool
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
wow it looks awesome, an other awesome thing would be an animated intro with this bg and ppsspp appearing then, after it appears it goes to the emu interface on android, would be cool. It could fit pc version too
12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
(12-04-2012 05:56 PM)Vincentmrl Wrote:  wow it looks awesome, an other awesome thing would be an animated intro with this bg and ppsspp appearing then, after it appears it goes to the emu interface on android, would be cool. It could fit pc version too

I bet I could make a gif that does something like that. Give me a little time and I'll see what I can do.
12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I know it's a bit small and a little rough, but what do you think?

[Image: PPSSPPGIF2.gif]
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
(12-04-2012 09:29 PM)MrZackarius Wrote:  I know it's a bit small and a little rough, but what do you think?

[Image: PPSSPPGIF2.gif]

nice one, but I mean something like the official bootscreen, perhaps only with the moving wave and ppsspp logo appearing while it waves

P.s: official boot here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHYrYUOzwc
12-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow! That's just what I had in mind! I don't know about the gif but I like the original one you had. I could supply the opening wave for maximum quality if you would like.
12-04-2012, 10:56 PM
(12-04-2012 10:48 PM)mrjaredbeta Wrote:  Wow! That's just what I had in mind! I don't know about the gif but I like the original one you had. I could supply the opening wave for maximum quality if you would like.

It couldn't hurt. Smile
12-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Okay, I've been having a little trouble with it. I kinda like the first image that Zackarius made, maybe we could put it into the site like here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/
12-05-2012, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 04:33 PM by Henrik.)
Feel free to work on a design for a prettier skin for the actual emu too (menu font, background, button look, etc), if you guys make something really good I might just make it happen...

Doing a wavy background like that seems a bit too much like copying though. We need something equally cool but different Smile
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
(12-05-2012 04:31 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Feel free to work on a design for a prettier skin for the actual emu too (menu font, background, button look, etc), if you guys make something really good I might just make it happen...

Doing a wavy background like that seems a bit too much like copying though. We need something equally cool but different Smile

I see what you mean, I will try to come up with something
12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Well for the UI, here's the font that the PSP uses: http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/attachm...p?aid=2390

That will make the font look PSPish. Maybe you could use this font (http://www.dafont.com/ps2.font?text=PSP&psize=s) for the opening screen where it says "PPSSPP Created by Henrik Rydgard" for the "PPSSPP" part, to make it look more official. I think the background looks fine right now, original and very nice looking.
12-06-2012, 01:35 AM
You know... a semi wave ripoff wouldn't be so bad, would it? (For PPSSPP UI). I used to have a custom wave on my PSP and I would suggest it in an instant if I could find it, but I'll describe for now. It looked much similar to the original PS3 wave, but much more narrow and a little less transparent (but not exactly translucent) to give it a 'heavy' feeling. It was the most beautiful wave I've seen.

Also, Sony has their PSP wave live wallpaper out on Android so (end useless fact here).

Google Nexus 4 | Adreno 320 | Android 4.2.2
iPad 2 | iOS 6.1
[Dead] HTC Sensation | Adreno 220 | Android 4.2.1
12-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I have that wave I believe, the one that looks like the PS3?
12-06-2012, 03:55 AM
I have too much time on my hands xD

Criticism is appreciated. Smile