Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
02-01-2021, 10:42 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
You can check if you got everything by using this Debug code posted in TCRF https://tcrf.net/Persona_3_Portable and inserting every valid weapon into inventory, it might also be handy for getting Item and spell animation effects since it can also add those to inventory. That's what I used when I updated weapon models.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2021, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2021 05:56 PM by flamecrest920.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 01/28/2021]
(02-01-2021 10:42 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  You can check if you got everything by using this Debug code posted in TCRF https://tcrf.net/Persona_3_Portable and inserting every valid weapon into inventory, it might also be handy for getting Item and spell animation effects since it can also add those to inventory. That's what I used when I updated weapon models.

When I get a chance, i'll use that and see what else I can scrape up. For now, I came up with a bit of a simpler way of organizing my stuff.

https://mega.nz/folder/iglwxDiI#VL7Lf5bLGZjTRAVk3qEuVQ

This links to *everything* I've put up, all arranged into subfolders just like before, only they're all accessible without needing any other links. Aside from that, you might notice the new "Unseparated" folder. It's just a full copy of my texture replacement folder for PPSSPP, meaning that it has everything I have at the moment from *everyone.* The reason for me adding it is just in case I missed anything in my previous uploads, so there won't be any chance that I provide hashes for something I forgot to give you guys. More or less, when in doubt, check Unseparated, as it's literally what I use when running the game. It's still syncing, but it should all be up shortly.

I've silently done a few smaller things over the past day or so, like covered a few more effects, and applied FES textures for Koromaru, Yukari, and the male protagonist's default costumes. I'll happily take shots at the rest of the characters and costumes, but I'll need the FES textures for that. The characters folder in Unseparated has a heap of unhashed, unedited Portable textures, although as you might expect, this is in preparation for applying FES textures.

Interestingly enough, FEMC seems to be a bit of a Frankenstein of the male protagonist, Yukari, and FES's generic female student model for a fair amount of her textures, so she should at least partially benefit.
02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
That is some incredible progress! I'm still quite busy due to outside factors, but I'm gonna try to release version 2.2 sometime soon (no more version 2.2 patches until release). I really want to re-upscale the dynamic backdrops first, but I can't find a good model for them. It takes a while to unstitch and rename the backdrops, so that takes priority. If anyone can find a suitable model, I'd be interested in testing it. Alpha channel (transparency) isn't an issue so don't worry about that when suggesting models.
02-03-2021, 11:34 AM
Probably only way to get a good upscale model going would be to Screenshot P3 and P4 areas in widescreen and then train with that data, similar to how you trained one for Portraits. But since there doesn't exist any ready screenshots of that prepping up that would take alot of time.
02-03-2021, 06:53 PM
I can provide with screnshots of P4 to train a model, if needed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2021, 07:49 PM
(02-03-2021 11:34 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  Probably only way to get a good upscale model going would be to Screenshot P3 and P4 areas in widescreen and then train with that data, similar to how you trained one for Portraits. But since there doesn't exist any ready screenshots of that prepping up that would take alot of time.

(02-03-2021 06:53 PM)AkiraJkr Wrote:  I can provide with screnshots of P4 to train a model, if needed.

I'm not sure if I will ever end up training another model like this, but if I do, those screenshots would be fantastic. Especially since I don't know how to take screenshots without UI on P3 and P4.
02-04-2021, 08:38 AM
In P4 Golden PC port you can hide UI by holding F1 and then taking a screenshot.
02-07-2021, 09:09 PM
(02-04-2021 08:38 AM)ArcEnCiel Wrote:  In P4 Golden PC port you can hide UI by holding F1 and then taking a screenshot.

Ooh, that could be useful for replacing FEMC's shot of Yasogami High during her sports event.

I've been chugging along as usual, although I haven't been too great at updating the separated folders I made. Got some more effects done, and I hashed/paired two (empty!) blink textures for Mitsuru. I also found a transparent background texture, and was curious to see if the game actually uses it at all, so I hashed it and replaced it with a placeholder blue recolor of one of the existing moon backgrounds (so it'll be blatantly obvious where the transparent bg is used, if so). At this point, I think that I'm out of ground to cover until someone passes me FES rips to apply. The new stuff is in Unseparated btw.
02-10-2021, 07:34 PM
Is there any way to make the opening intro(s) of p3p upscaled or HD?
02-11-2021, 09:06 PM
I'm afraid that's away from the emulator's capabilities. Though I already gave a suggestion on Discord to one of the devs before with my take on how to handle such a thing, maybe you could try showing your interest too? Remember, the accuracy and performance of the emulator is crucial focus for the devs, though they don't mind implementing features.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2021, 02:34 AM
Made a few adjustments in Unseparated, namely making a few of my edits more accurate. I think this affects some of the environmental textures, but perhaps more importantly, I redid the blonde hair edit I made for Margaret (to match her Portable portraits) and adjusted her mouth to compensate for another mapping edit this game made (Portable slid her entire mouth one pixel further down away from her nose for some reason?).
02-18-2021, 02:08 PM
@flamecrest

I am currently slowly ripping the BATTLE/MODEL/NPC folder. Going is pretty slow since folder is massive. But when I'll be done with it I will probably drop a link.
02-18-2021, 02:59 PM
(02-17-2021 02:34 AM)flamecrest920 Wrote:  Made a few adjustments in Unseparated, namely making a few of my edits more accurate. I think this affects some of the environmental textures, but perhaps more importantly, I redid the blonde hair edit I made for Margaret (to match her Portable portraits) and adjusted her mouth to compensate for another mapping edit this game made (Portable slid her entire mouth one pixel further down away from her nose for some reason?).

Sorry, but looking through the unseparated folder has proved to be quite a pain compared to the separated folders. Would you mind keeping the separated folders updated instead? Thanks.
02-18-2021, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2021 03:25 AM by flamecrest920.)
(02-18-2021 02:59 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(02-17-2021 02:34 AM)flamecrest920 Wrote:  Made a few adjustments in Unseparated, namely making a few of my edits more accurate. I think this affects some of the environmental textures, but perhaps more importantly, I redid the blonde hair edit I made for Margaret (to match her Portable portraits) and adjusted her mouth to compensate for another mapping edit this game made (Portable slid her entire mouth one pixel further down away from her nose for some reason?).

Sorry, but looking through the unseparated folder has proved to be quite a pain compared to the separated folders. Would you mind keeping the separated folders updated instead? Thanks.

I see. Ironically enough, I thought that looking through those may have been more difficult (since it assumes that i'm removing the proper stuff we've already covered from those folders). Well, so much for getting rid of them in that case. It'll take some time, but i'll try to get them up to date soon. They've honestly been hung out to dry for a while because of that need to cross-reference your stuff. (It also bears saying that everything is still in your folder arrangement in Unseparated, but then, it also includes *everything,* so I can understand it being an issue).

I've yet to upload it anywhere yet, but I got ahold of FES textures again, and I've been applying them since yesterday. The focus is still on environments and characters, although I can't say that I missed the sheer amount of files and duplicates FES has. I have to rip the Male protag's swimwear and Shirt of Chivalry textures from Portable and apply FES textures there, but otherwise he's done outside of fixing a potential seam around his eyes. It turns out Koromaru's Butler outfit was new to Portable, so I think I've done all I can for him. Yukari is in the same boat, with just about everything covered except for her new Santa outfit. I've gotten started on Aigis too, although i'm seeing if I can at least do partial improvements for Santa Yukari.

Btw Arc, please let me know how it goes with your FES rips. Obviously i'm ripping too, but I run out of patience with digging through whole directories fast. It'll help to have the two of us both working at it. By the way, would either of you want to figure out an external way to keep in touch? I can respond to a ping/notification much more reliably than I can check a forum that may or may not email me about replies haha.

EDIT: Stuff's up, in both Unseparated and the old individual folders. I removed any excess textures.ini files, so the one you need will be updated in P3 Portable (aka that silly folder that contains Unseparated and the individual folders). Yukari, FEMC, and Aigis are essentially finished. Still have to dig up those male protag textures, and move onto the SEES boys in general.

https://imgsli.com/NDEzMjg
(Strength background comparison)

https://imgsli.com/NDEzMzA
(Hiero background comparison)

https://imgsli.com/NDEzMzI
(Hanged background comparison)

https://imgsli.com/NDEzMzM
(Margaret hair and background comparison)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Here's general rip of FES SEES, Strega and couple other NPCs of some note collected at this point (Maiko is included since she's one of S.Links that wanders into Tartarus at some point)

https://mega.nz/file/d0VGyRxZ#q7Jie9kb3V...w0zvPBIxaI

I still have like 400 files to sift through so if I find more to it I will upload updated link at some point.