Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PSP - homebrew emulators 2
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 07:43 AM by Dwightyone.)
RE: PSP - homebrew emulators 2
(04-26-2013 10:18 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  People don't get the concept behind this "Inception" inspired thread.
The point is that those emulators can actualy be useful for debugging the PPSSPP, they can return some very intresting stuff, most of the times impossible to track in normal PSP games.

I totally agree. It also has some some extra benefits. If you're a Xperia Play owner like me, having some of these emulators/homebrew working is better than some of the stuff that's on the Google Market that doesn't support the gamepad controls.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Ok so heres my reason for starting this thread and why I think that an emulator within an emulator is a good idea. Its pretty simple actually.

Basically if there ever a new OS (and there are usually many in the mobile world) then all somebody had to do is port PPSSPP and in turn they also port about 30 other emulators at the same time with no extra work involved.

Pretty neat. Most new OS's take a long time and many different developers to port all the emulators over. Well PPSSPP makes a nice little platform that makes that a lot easier.

Obviously an emulator within an emulator isn't all that practical but its still very useful. For example a lot of the emulators listed in the OP dont have a native counterpart on iOS so the only way to play them is within PPSSPP. Smile
04-27-2013, 10:37 AM
@BubblegumBalloon - I agree.

Besides, some of the emulators for the PSP are better than their Android counterparts. Take gpSP for example, comparably gpSP is supposedly better than any other GBA emulator on Android, and thanks to PPSSPP (and the guys in this thread for testing it etc...) we now have it for free.
04-27-2013, 10:43 AM
now we need raw framebuffer for phones if its possible Smile
04-27-2013, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 11:02 AM by Dwightyone.)
If only we knew of a great developer, or one of his great fellow developers, who together have developed a great emulator, at great development speed, and in the process may have created one of the greatest emulators for phones ever. If only we knew someone like that who could enable raw framebuffer for us on Android we would be so grateful.

If you end up reading this post Henrik, I'm not hinting btw! Big Grin
04-27-2013, 11:00 AM
haha i know he will add it with the new UI Big Grin
04-27-2013, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 11:12 AM by Dwightyone.)
You already know it? That was quick, I ask him three minutes ago, and now he's going to do it. He must be psychic and read my mind. Big Grin
04-27-2013, 11:12 AM
i am mentalist i can predict the past,before 5' i ate chicken Big Grin
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...ramebuffer
04-27-2013, 11:23 AM
I see, the future is in the making now.

Well, ok, Henrik may not be a psychic after all but he is a great developer and a fine man cough cough xperia play analogue pad compatability for PSP homebrew emulators cough.

I don't suppose you can see back in the past for that too? Big Grin
04-27-2013, 11:28 AM
everything is possible so why not?it is hard though
04-27-2013, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 11:39 AM by Dwightyone.)
True. I don't think I really need it anyway. I like retrogames that's why I like what you guys have done with this thread, and these emulators on PPSSPP, and 99% of these emulators don't need the analogue pads anyway. Maybe it would be handy for Daedalus though.
04-27-2013, 11:40 AM
lets see if xsacha remove the firmware check for it,then emulators list will be complete
04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes, fingers crossed, that would be great.

I was thinking more about what bubblegumballoon said, I didn't think about it the way he was thinking about it, he's right. These emulators working on PPSSPP are really great ie: PPSSPP goes on all mobile platforms so does all of its PSP emulators. That's really awesome for platforms which are lacking great emulators.
04-27-2013, 12:01 PM
agree,one emulator can emulate about 40 emulators,and some of them doesnt even exist,i dont know about ios platform
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
iOS is pretty terrible when it comes to emulators, the only good ones are the *.emu emultors by Robert Broglia and of course PPSSPP. Smile