Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compiling ppsspp with Qt Project
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 05:57 AM by Marcelo_20XX.)
Compiling ppsspp with Qt Project
Can someone give me some guidelines to compile with this program?
I want to compile it for Windows x86, but at the main page of the program there are this options for download:

Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 4.7, 650 MB)
Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, 485 MB)
Qt 5.0.2 for Windows 32-bit (VS 2010, OpenGL, 476 MB)

Which one do I need? also I checked out the source with Tortoise SVN since that is the client which I am more comfortable and have experience with it. Will I run into problems? since I read that I need to run a command to update the GIT's modules for getting the "native libraries"

Lastly, in case this is not the ideal method for compiling the emulator, which one is the preferred or recommended?

Thanks for any responses
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: Compiling ppsspp with Qt Project
Hmm, I think that the Qt port currently doesn't run on Windows (or Linux anymore...) properly. It does work on phones.

Right now the recommended way to build is using Visual Studio (Express works, but you may need to use 2010 and install the DirectX SDK.) But, if you'd like to fix the Qt port to work on Windows you're more than welcome.

Note that the "VS 2010" versions of Qt 5 do not support Express, you'll need to purchase Visual Studio for those to work. But I believe Qt Creator does work on Windows (which should be the MinGW one.)

GitHub supports Subversion, but I'm not sure how it interacts with submodules. If your "native" directory is not empty, you're set.

-[Unknown]
04-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Thanks [Unknown], currently I have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and the DirectX SDK installed on my dev environment, if I want to compile under Visual Studio, that setup is sufficient or do I need to buy Visual Studio 11?
04-15-2013, 06:22 AM
As Unknown says, you will need VS 2010 but the free Express edition is sufficient to build the plain Windows version of PPSSPP.
04-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks Henrik for the quick answer, hopefully I can figure how to do it from now on, and congratulations on the release of the 0.7.5 rev of the emu, now I can finally enjoy the only PSP game I still play: Dracula X Chronicles.