Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost Data!
04-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Lost Data!
Apologies in advance, I already checked the forums lost data threads, but to no avail.It is possible that I might have skipped something when I was checking. This is the second time that this happened. I use windows 10 for anyone wondering.

The first time I installed ppsspp I pinned it to my task bar, then I use it for about 4 days, then it says the shortcut was moved or changed and every game save data, in-game or ppsspp, was gone. I didn't do anything to it!!

Next time I create a folder with all my games on it as well as ppsspp. I pin it to my task bar again and also put on my windows desktop screen. I resume playing to catch everything up to speed. Couple days later the screen app disappears and the shortcut claims was changed or moved.

At this point I don't care if I get my game saves back, I just want to know how to prevent this from happening again, I remember a warning on extracting ppsspp somewhere else, but I'm kinda not sure how or even if I did. I use windows 10 for anyone wondering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Lost Data!
If you ran PPSSPP from inside a compressed folder, it should've warned you that it can't save permanently. Even if you pinned it, it may be deleted by the operating system.

Instead, you should extract it to a folder and play from there.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply