Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Star Ocean: First Departure savestate crash.
12-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Star Ocean: First Departure savestate crash.
Hi. I`m playing Star Ocean: First Departure. Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, i5-2500k, 1050Ti.
PPSSPP sometimes crashes,while I,am trying to save. You can play several hours and no crashes. Or You can play 10 mins and it crashes, while trying to save. Using official 1.7.1 and various dev builds. deleting savestates and saving to empty slot does not help.

Here is debug log. launch ppsspp (will be free around 2.5GB RAM). starting game. load savestate. trying to save. crash.

.zip  ppsspplog.zip (Size: 78.43 KB / Downloads: 396)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2018, 06:32 PM
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure savestate crash.
Does it only crash when save stating from a certain area? This crash seems to have been from the save screen, based on the log.

Didn't crash for me when saving state from the in game save screen, but it would help to be able to reproduce. Especially if there's an in game save you can load, and then a save state nearby that crashes consistently. That would be ideal.

-[Unknown]
12-09-2018, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2018 04:21 AM by Shteger.)
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure savestate crash.
"Does it only crash when save stating from a certain area?"

No. Its crashes randomly. One day you can play and saves without problem. another day you can play and it start to crash when you trying to save in the same place. Then i trying a new dev build and its no crashing. But in another day it start to crash again. in 1.6.4 version i have no problems. crashes appears in 1.7.1 final and dev builds. Now I`m download 1.7.4 and no problems so far. But if its appears again, i will write here.

"This crash seems to have been from the save screen, based on the log."

Yes. I press LT on gamepad. choose savestate. press save. freeze for 1-2 seconds. crash. and it saves new screenshot, but savestate stays old. and now you have old save with new screenshot)). so i think, that ppsspp crashes when attempt to write savestate.

"Didn't crash for me when saving state from the in game save screen, but it would help to be able to reproduce."

As i say its random, so it is difficult to reproduce specially.

"Especially if there's an in game save you can load, and then a save state nearby that crashes consistently. That would be ideal."

Sure. If its start to crash with 1.7.4, I will download save and savestate, but now I dont have enough time to play a lot. This may take a long time due to the upcoming holidays.

P.S. I apologize for bad english. I hope I wrote correctly

Now i can say. its also crashed with 1.7.4. But dont want to repeat. after restart, dont crashing again.