Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Persona 3 Portable looses tarot card textures?
09-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Persona 3 Portable looses tarot card textures?
On my GPD XD Plus (Mediatek MT8176 processor with PowerVR GX6250 GPU, 4 gigs ram, Android 7.0) I'm having a weird issue with textures during just one part of P3P. I've tried both the latest release as well as daily builds of 1.6.3 using the Vulkan back end

It's been ages since I played P3P (when I actually had a PSP) and it felt a little weird when I started it again and the tarot cards at the "Shuffle time" didn't display images, just the same "card back" texture for both front and back, but I wasn't 100% sure I remembered correctly, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Recently I installed the HD texture pack from hououin_kyouma for P3P and for about a day or two I had the card face textures, then they went away again(!).

I've verified on youtube that they should be there all of the time so I'm not sure what's happening. I've played around with many different graphics options, enabled and disabled the texture pack, etc and can't seem to get them to come back correctly.

Any info or advise would be appreciated. I would be happy to submit any logs/etc as needed.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2018, 07:05 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable looses tarot card textures?
Small updated, I switched the renderer to OpenGL and at least for the moment the cards are working properly.

Thanks
09-06-2018, 10:15 PM
By uh...going away, you mean...they go black? Then that's a problem with memory...well...I don't know exactly how to explain this, but your device wasn't able to survive the texture pack, so it just blackened the texture out, because it didn't have enough memory(VRAM? RAM?) To store it. Changing renderer may have probably gave you a positive effect on your memory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2018, 10:24 PM
(09-06-2018 10:15 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  By uh...going away, you mean...they go black? Then that's a problem with memory...well...I don't know exactly how to explain this, but your device wasn't able to survive the texture pack, so it just blackened the texture out, because it didn't have enough memory(VRAM? RAM?) To store it. Changing renderer may have probably gave you a positive effect on your memory.

They don't go black, they duplicate the "card back" texture on both sides of the card. This happens both with and without the texture pack installed.

As I mentioned above, the only time they worked properly was immediately after installing the texture pack (I played the game for several hours before installing it). They are currently working after switching from Vulkan to OpenGL, but I'm not ready to call it 100% okay until I get some more playtime in.

Thanks
09-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Oh, that seems to just be a Vulkan issue, well, if you are able to, please visit GitHub and submit a issue, it'll help the developer of the emulator a lot!

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Thanks! I will. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a boneheaded setting or something before I bothered the devs Smile
09-08-2018, 07:22 PM
(09-06-2018 07:05 PM)MrAkai Wrote:  Small updated, I switched the renderer to OpenGL and at least for the moment the cards are working properly.

Thanks

Glad to see you were able to solve it ^^

Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23509