Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP 1.5.4 MacOS X 8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller setup problem
03-03-2018, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 07:32 PM by ClarkKent.)
PPSSPP 1.5.4 MacOS X 8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller setup problem
In general the NES30 Pro controller (connected by USB cable or paired via Bluetooth) works but it can not be configured correctly. The d-pad (on the right side of the controller) is not recognized at all, and the left direction of the right analogue stick is also not recognized. All other work so it can be used in games that do not require both analogue sticks.

I tried the controller in other emulators (like OpenEmu or even PCSX2 via WINE) and it can be set up there absolutely correct. Every button, every stick.

It's this controller:
http://www.8bitdo.com/n30pro-f30pro/

EDIT: Problem solved. Updated the controller to the latest firmware 4.1 and started the controller with POWER ON + A to activate a special Mac mode. Then it works as it should and can be configured correctly in the setup. Interestingly it's not necessary to switch the controller to the special Mac mode in the other emulators mentioned above. Weird.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: PPSSPP 1.5.4 MacOS X 8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller setup problem
(03-03-2018 06:53 PM)ClarkKent Wrote:  In general the NES30 Pro controller (connected by USB cable or paired via Bluetooth) works but it can not be configured correctly. The d-pad (on the right side of the controller) is not recognized at all, and the left direction of the right analogue stick is also not recognized. All other work so it can be used in games that do not require both analogue sticks.

I tried the controller in other emulators (like OpenEmu or even PCSX2 via WINE) and it can be set up there absolutely correct. Every button, every stick.

It's this controller:
http://www.8bitdo.com/n30pro-f30pro/

EDIT: Problem solved. Updated the controller to the latest firmware 4.1 and started the controller with POWER ON + A to activate a special Mac mode. Then it works as it should and can be configured correctly in the setup. Interestingly it's not necessary to switch the controller to the special Mac mode in the other emulators mentioned above. Weird.

Mine doesnt work, 8bitdo pro 2, same problem with youre
08-10-2021, 03:04 AM
RE: PPSSPP 1.5.4 MacOS X 8Bitdo NES30 Pro Controller setup problem
mine doesnt work, 8bitdo pro 2, same problem with your