Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
compiling direct x version
09-09-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: compiling direct x version
It should be improved significantly with Henrik's recent changes. There will still major glitches in many games, though.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 01:18 PM by aki21.)
thanks@unknownbracket,yes there's major change in the latest build,wow the broken 3d got fixed(hoooray!!)but only when vertex cache is disable,3d game got playable at least which is damn good changeSmile,i will continue with the testing for sure,keep up the good work,sorry no pic:/,just try it yourselfWink

edit:some game still broken with that,but somehow game like god eater 1 and 2 also black rock shooter run almost good without much broken graphic.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 03:01 AM
I thought direct x backend is working? My laptop prompt still showing opengl 2.0 is required, how do i make it work with the latest build?
09-10-2014, 03:20 AM
It is working. You just have to change your ini file so that GPUbackend is 1, not 0.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-10-2014, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 03:26 AM by raintime.)
Mr dax how would i do that? Can u upload the proper .ini? Because i am unable to initialize it on first start it closes after the info opengl 2.0 prompts, besides there is no ppsspp.ini

GPU 1 Mobile intel 945 express GMA 950 OPENGL 1.4 with 56 ext. Is my gpu
09-10-2014, 03:34 AM
(09-10-2014 03:22 AM)raintime Wrote:  Mr dax how would i do that? Can u upload the proper .ini? Because i am unable to initialize it on first start it closes after the info opengl 2.0 prompts, besides there is no ppsspp.ini

GPU 1 Mobile intel 945 express GMA 950 OPENGL 1.4 with 56 ext. Is my gpu

here:copy the ini to memorystick/system,just rename the ppsspp.zip to ppsspp.ini,don't extract it

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspp.zip (Size: 4.29 KB / Downloads: 529)

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Thank you so much! Ill give it try
09-10-2014, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 04:46 AM by raintime.)
It works! Thanks esp to our masters who keep on building the d3d9, the only problem is the 3d models and textures stretches extremely on display, such as NBA and DBZ TENKAICHI, hopefully the upcoming releases will fix this. More power!
09-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi,I came because a friend of mine need use the direct x version and it works in some games but it dont work in God Eater Burst it dont load his save and returns to the main menu and it need to create a new save and in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd the graphics mix and becomes really weird

when these problems will be fixed?
09-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Our Masters henrik and unknown brackets are still working on dx9 to polish, thanks to them for making it possible, almost all games are playable with graphic glitches and problems, they will surely fix this with their new release, hoping to play UFC and WWE without graphic problems soon. The hardware transform and vertex i blieve has somethng to do with this
09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Any updates for dx9 that fix the graphical glitches with the 3d model? Ive tested god of olympus, fight night round 3 nba2k13,ufc and smackdown still the same with graphics problem, thank you
09-12-2014, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 04:53 AM by TheDax.)
Note: the following stuff doesn't work yet. It hasn't been merged, so please don't ask why it doesn't work.

I don't have any news to report about graphical problems, but once https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/6889 is merged, PPSSPP should be a lot easier to start up for the first time for those who can't run OpenGL, until proper automatic fallbacks are added.

For those having problems starting PPSSPP for the first time with DirectX instead of OpenGL:

Basically, what you'll do is make a shortcut to your PPSSPP.exe, and then right click it, go to properties, and add at the end of the target box: --gfx=d3d.

Update for September 13, 2014: --gfx was changed to --graphics, ogl was changed to gles, and d3d was changed to directx9.

So if you want to run PPSSPP with Direct3D, use --graphics=directx9. If you want to use OpenGL, use --graphics=gles. If you want software rendering (requires OpenGL as of this post), use --graphics=software.

That will make it start PPSSPP in Direct3D mode, so you won't get the OpenGL 2.0 error anymore. After that, you can simply exit PPSSPP (so it saves settings) and the next time you run PPSSPP without the shortcut, it should begin in Direct3D mode again (unless you changed it in the ini file, or ran PPSSPP with --gfx=gles for whatever reason).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-12-2014, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 02:28 AM by raintime.)
Good day Mr.dax, thanks for the remedy and info, ive seen a couple of releases this morning and the 3d theyre working on keeps on progressing, our masterr really trying their best for us, hats off with them, ill be testing builds every now and then the 3d graphics has improved with more lags, however the tenkaichi tagteam textures displays incorrect , the ufc and wwe improves as well now the 3d model is visible but with a few more broken graphics that stretches, the builds is almost close to best d3d9, hoping for positive fix soon thank you to all masters
09-13-2014, 02:36 AM

09-13-2014, 01:54 PM
mhfu working with this build?

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis