Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
System data is missing
01-01-2018, 07:41 PM
System data is missing
So, I'm currently attempting to play trails to zero. However, when I try to boot the game, I get an error saying 'system data is missing.' After looking around, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with directories, and I'm on the default setting of going to documents. I can happily answer any other questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2018, 10:40 PM
RE: System data is missing
It might be better to post in the game's topic, in case it's game specific. Or look if other people have posted there.

That said, I've seen a ton of PSP games do this. At start, they say "Warning: no data was found on the memory stick, is that okay?" And then you have the option of pressing Yes (O in Japanese games) or No (X in Japanese games.)

English speakers usually press X, which means "no, I must've forgotten to swap in the correct memory stick." Then the game checks again, and shows the message again. The unsuspecting English speaker is left thinking the game is stuck in a loop, totally broken.

So, try pressing O. This would mean "I'm okay with data not existing yet, since I'm starting a new game."

I don't know why games (especially Japanese ones) developed this convention. Most western games prioritize the player's first experience, wanting to avoid showing such a message.

-[Unknown]
01-01-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: System data is missing
Thank you so much! That did the trick.