Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to transfer all data to 1.54?
12-31-2017, 01:09 AM
How to transfer all data to 1.54?
How do I transfer my old save files, save states, set of recent games, etc. to the new version?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2017, 02:59 AM
RE: How to transfer all data to 1.54?
If you're on Android, just install the new version. It takes care of it for you.

If you're on Linux or Mac, it's basically the same process - just install the update. Make sure you continue to use the same system user account, since your settings are associated with whatever user you login as.

If you're on Windows, it depends on how you had it installed before:
* If it was just in a folder somewhere, copy the "memstick" subfolder into the 1.5.4 folder, and you're done. It's also okay to overwrite the old version files with 1.5.4's files, and leave the memstick folder where it is.
* If you used the installer, or put PPSSPP in Program Files, this data should be inside My Documents, in a folder named "PPSSPP". As long as you put 1.5.4 in program files too, it will use the same data.

If you're on iOS, I'm not sure. It probably works fine as long as you don't actually remove the old version (which I think would delete your data), and just install the update to the app.

For any exotic platforms: probably the same as Linux above.

-[Unknown]
12-31-2017, 03:25 AM
RE: How to transfer all data to 1.54?
Keep in mind that while in game saves (saves like a real psp would make) should have no issues (unless there was some bug that gets introduced), savestates have a large chance of having issues so make in game saves before upgrading.

This is life advice for any emulator, not just PPSSPP.