Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Corrupted APK package on install
11-06-2017, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 03:10 AM by fivefeet8.)
Corrupted APK package on install
The last 3 dev builds I've tried to install from the downloads section have all errored with a corrupted package error. I tried installing build 640, 638, and 629. Is anyone else having the same issue? I'm installing other APK's just fine.

Same issue on my Android ZTE phone and Shield TV.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: Corrupted APK package on install
I'm also facing the same issue on my OnePlus 5. Any Android build that's version 563 or older installs just fine.
11-07-2017, 01:11 AM
Here's the solution:

Use ZipSigner from the Play Store to sign the apk.

Make sure you rename the .zip as .apk before installing. Also, uninstall your current version of PPSSPP before installing the signed apk.
11-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Same store here. After build 563, i cant install the developer builds, because every times i trying to install i take corrupted package message.

Xiaomi Redmi 4x (Miui9)
11-08-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm using a Galaxy S8 and I wanted to download the latest build as I saw it mentioned some Mali driver fixes. I can confirm the links are down. Non of the recent builds download, as all I get is a blank file 0 bytes in size. Hope they sort it out soon though.
11-09-2017, 01:03 AM
(11-08-2017 07:56 PM)StephenH Wrote:  I'm using a Galaxy S8 and I wanted to download the latest build as I saw it mentioned some Mali driver fixes. I can confirm the links are down. Non of the recent builds download, as all I get is a blank file 0 bytes in size. Hope they sort it out soon though.
Hi there StephenH,

The downloads are back online, but have noticed they can not be installed over the top of one already installed, so just uninstall old version on Android, and install latest version. Cool