Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
09-22-2017, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 05:12 AM by hououin_kyouma.)
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
UPDATE (2019-02-03) ^^ Hi! Just a minor update ^^ I'll be leaving 2 options: x3 and x6 textures

Hello! As the title says, this is an HD Texture pack for P3P. It is an expansion on the excellent work made by DinJerr. I'll leave his post for reference:
DinJerr - Persona 3 Portable (ULUS10512) HD Texture Packs

Apart from everything present in DirJerr's pack, this one features:
  • All-Out Attacks
  • Backgrounds (WIP)
  • Battle - Health Bar Portraits (drawn from scratch based on the PS2 ones)
  • Cards (Using the excellent work by Enetirnel from Deviant Art)
    Enetirnel - Persona 3 Tarot Cards
  • Cutins
  • Dungeon - Health Bar Portraits (drawn from scratch based on the PSP ones. I need to update them later to match the battle ones, but it's better than nothing)
  • Expressions (!,?,etc)
  • Font - Added 23 symbols
  • Logos Remade (ATLUS & CRIWARE)
  • Models - Scenarios - Tartarus (WIP) (Thebel, Harabah, Tziah & Front of Tartarus finished)
  • New Game
  • Portraits (Characters & Personas) (WIP).
  • Status Effects
  • Title Screen
  • UI - Shops, Tartarus, Velvet Room
  • A lot of other details (like some enemies, bosses, characters, weapons), and more to come

I'll leave a link to a gallery on imgur for you to see it in action:
Gallery

And finally, here is the download link, without ads, or anything, just a simple google drive link:
x3 Texture Pack
x6 Texture Pack

Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23509
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2017, 03:05 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack
This also looks awesome, now you and Demox from Amicita on zetaboards are both keeping DinJerr's UI project alive!

Will you post updates here?

I'm gonna add some of your textures to combine with Demox's, that Velvet Room UI looks delicious.
10-23-2017, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2017 06:39 PM by Arthandas.)
How do you install it?
I unpacked the files and put them in memstick\PSP\TEXTURES\ULUS10512 but they don't show up in-game.

There must be something wrong with this pack since the one below works perfectly and it also uses DinJerr's textures:
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/10297078/1/
10-24-2017, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2017 08:57 PM by hououin_kyouma.)
(10-23-2017 03:12 PM)Arthandas Wrote:  How do you install it?
I unpacked the files and put them in memstick\PSP\TEXTURES\ULUS10512 but they don't show up in-game.

There must be something wrong with this pack since the one below works perfectly and it also uses DinJerr's textures:
...s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/10297078/1/

Hi! As far as installation goes, just placing the files in that location should be enough. Did you, by any chance, forgot to activate texture replacement? (Settings > Tools > Developer Tools > Replace textures X). I doubt it, since you say the other one works, but I had to ask.
Other than that, all I can think of is that the hashing method I chose doesn't work in your computer (xxh64) :/

(10-20-2017 03:05 AM)ShuffleTime Wrote:  This also looks awesome, now you and Demox from Amicita on zetaboards are both keeping DinJerr's UI project alive!

Will you post updates here?

I'm gonna add some of your textures to combine with Demox's, that Velvet Room UI looks delicious.

Yeap! I guess I'll post an updated version soon. I keep working on it regularly. Today I was working on some Ryoji bustups. I uploaded some of them in the imgur folder. The ones with the yukata are the only ones I haven't finished. I updated some of the All-Out Attacks bustups with some higher quality assets I found too.

PS: any idea when I will be able to post links? What do I have to do? I can't even reply to someone who posted a link without editing the link first XD

10-24-2017, 09:48 PM
(10-23-2017 03:12 PM)Arthandas Wrote:  How do you install it?

...s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/10297078/1/

Did you use the texture.ini I provided? Because if you just pasted the textures hashes into an existing ini used for other mod (Demox's or DinJerr's for example), you may have forgotten to add/change these lines:
[options]
hash = xxh64
ignoreAddress = true

If that's not the case, then perhaps the hashing method I used doesn't work for you :/ If that's the case, you could still use the pack, but you would have to find the hash for every one of the textures you want and replace it :/

10-26-2017, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2017 10:32 PM by Arthandas.)
(10-24-2017 09:48 PM)hououin_kyouma Wrote:  Did you use the texture.ini I provided? Because if you just pasted the textures hashes into an existing ini used for other mod (Demox's or DinJerr's for example), you may have forgotten to add/change these lines:
[options]
hash = xxh64
ignoreAddress = true

If that's not the case, then perhaps the hashing method I used doesn't work for you :/ If that's the case, you could still use the pack, but you would have to find the hash for every one of the textures you want and replace it :/
Yes, I used the texture.ini. I unpacked the archive on a clean installation. The culprit is obviously the rehashing.

Apparently it won't work for anyone using the normal USA version. I'm surprised it works for you since the hashes are completely different.
10-26-2017, 11:15 PM
(10-26-2017 10:07 PM)Arthandas Wrote:  
(10-24-2017 09:48 PM)hououin_kyouma Wrote:  Did you use the texture.ini I provided? Because if you just pasted the textures hashes into an existing ini used for other mod (Demox's or DinJerr's for example), you may have forgotten to add/change these lines:
[options]
hash = xxh64
ignoreAddress = true

Yes, I used the texture.ini. I unpacked the archive on a clean installation. The culprit is obviously the rehashing.

Apparently it won't work for anyone using the normal USA version. I'm surprised it works for you since the hashes are completely different.

OK! I'll probably re hash everything with a more compatible method (like quick, wich is the one used by DinJerr and Demox) by the next update so everyone can use it ^^

10-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Just a reminder - xxh32/xxh64 requires PPSSPP version from buildbot, it will not work on widely used release version, at least not until future releases(1.5+).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-27-2017, 01:54 AM
(10-27-2017 01:05 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Just a reminder - xxh32/xxh64 requires PPSSPP version from ...buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/, it will not work on widely used release version, at least not until future releases(1.5+).

Thanks, I had forgotten that detail Wink

10-27-2017, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017 12:38 PM by Arthandas.)
(10-27-2017 01:54 AM)hououin_kyouma Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 01:05 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Just a reminder - xxh32/xxh64 requires PPSSPP version from ...buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/, it will not work on widely used release version, at least not until future releases(1.5+).

Then no need to rehash, just note in your first post in needs the buildbot versionSmile
I'll check it myself later.

EDIT: Wooooooow! It looks amazing Smile Thanks for making it!
Though party portraits or Yukari's status portrait are still old. Also, PLEASE add female protagonist combat portraitSmile
10-28-2017, 06:08 AM
(10-27-2017 08:10 AM)Arthandas Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 01:54 AM)hououin_kyouma Wrote:  

Then no need to rehash, just note in your first post in needs the buildbot versionSmile
I'll check it myself later.

EDIT: Wooooooow! It looks amazing Smile Thanks for making it!
Though party portraits or Yukari's status portrait are still old. Also, PLEASE add female protagonist combat portraitSmile

If you're looking for portraits for FeMC, Demox's UI mod (...s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/10297078/1/) has them as well as menu portraits for Mitsuru and some of the others. There's also field portraits for Yukari and others.

To the rest of the thread and to hououin_kyouma, I downloaded the PPSSPP version for android from the buildbot (v1.4.2-563-gf0a73353b) and now all the textures work! I can even swap these portraits with Demox's by renaming and replacing the images, for example:

...imgur.com/eZ1VxyK

This looks awesome and it will give me some extra motivation to finish this Maniac run. Thanks!
10-28-2017, 07:23 AM
(10-28-2017 06:08 AM)ShuffleTime Wrote:  If you're looking for portraits for FeMC, Demox's UI mod (...s15.zetaboards.com/Amicitia/topic/10297078/1/) has them as well as menu portraits for Mitsuru and some of the others. There's also field portraits for Yukari and others.
Yeah I know, they are taken from DinJerr's pack but I don't like them. He mixed art from renders with concept art which just looks jarring. hououin_kyouma's pack is lacking some portraits but at least has consistent art style.
11-26-2017, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 04:56 PM by AkiraJkr.)
Woooow....This just looks amazing! I can't wait until it becomes a full HD Texture Pack, because this is the most amazing thing I found for PPSSPP soo far!

EDIT: I tried using this HD Pack, it's been awesome soo far, but I am having trouble with the new backgrounds loading, any fix to that? Lazy texture caching is off. And Fast memory too. Also, using latest buildbot version.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-28-2017, 12:12 AM
(11-26-2017 03:41 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Woooow....This just looks amazing! I can't wait until it becomes a full HD Texture Pack, because this is the most amazing thing I found for PPSSPP soo far!

EDIT: I tried using this HD Pack, it's been awesome soo far, but I am having trouble with the new backgrounds loading, any fix to that? Lazy texture caching is off. And Fast memory too. Also, using latest buildbot version.

Hi! No image is being replaced, or just some?

Glad you like it! I'll post an updated version soon with textures for every floor on Tartarus. I've also drawn every portrait for the health bars in battle and field. I dunno if people will like them, but I'm satisfied with the result ^^ I've done the portraits for the conversations with Pharos too.

11-28-2017, 11:30 AM
This looks amazing, thank you for doing it! Are you going to finish it soon? I don't want to rush you but I can't wait to replay it with this Smile