Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grand Knights History
03-18-2017, 05:33 AM
RE: Grand Knights History
After long wait this game is finally playable on android without any graphical issue Smile
Thanks DEVS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
(03-18-2017 05:33 AM)ralf12345 Wrote:  After long wait this game is finally playable on android without any graphical issue Smile

ouch. And I came here to ask if there was any way to get rid of the glitches this game had on android.
Could it be that my Samsung J7 (2016) is not good enough?
It runs android 6 and has a Cortex-A53 (armv8) CPU and a Mali-T830 (OpenGL ES 3.1) GPU.
I'm using the free version 1.4-2-g648bc5d.

I've tried several combinations of settings (especially those refering to textures and memory) but I still get these glitches during fights (see attached images).
The problem replicates in both the Japanese version and the English patched one.

It looks fine at the beginning

Glitchy but playable during target selection

Glitches during fights (the real joykiller)
english patched

japanese version

I'm a software developer but I've never touched OpenGL or android development. Still I'm sure I could at least patch, compile and test experimental versions if necessary.

thanks
04-21-2017, 03:36 AM
It looks like block transfer is either disabled or not working. This game absolutely requires it. It also requires full PSP buffered rendering emulation. Make sure you haven't turned these off to gain performance.

GLES 3.1 ought to be enough, unless there's a bug. Can you try PPSSPP 1.3, just to make sure it didn't regress? You can also get git builds here:
http://www.ppsspp.org/devbuilds.html

-[Unknown]
04-21-2017, 11:04 AM
(04-19-2017 11:23 AM)Aquanauta Wrote:  
(03-18-2017 05:33 AM)ralf12345 Wrote:  After long wait this game is finally playable on android without any graphical issue Smile

ouch. And I came here to ask if there was any way to get rid of the glitches this game had on android.
Could it be that my Samsung J7 (2016) is not good enough?
It runs android 6 and has a Cortex-A53 (armv8) CPU and a Mali-T830 (OpenGL ES 3.1) GPU.
I'm using the free version 1.4-2-g648bc5d.

I've tried several combinations of settings (especially those refering to textures and memory) but I still get these glitches during fights (see attached images).
The problem replicates in both the Japanese version and the English patched one.

It looks fine at the beginning

Glitchy but playable during target selection

Glitches during fights (the real joykiller)
english patched

japanese version

I'm a software developer but I've never touched OpenGL or android development. Still I'm sure I could at least patch, compile and test experimental versions if necessary.

thanks

Well i will post my setting for this game. Samsung galaxy S7
Mode : Buffer rendering
Simulate block transfer effects: ticked
Mipmapping : ticked
Rendering : 2xpsp
Hardware transform : ticked
Software skinning : ticked
Vertex cache : ticked
retain changed textures : unticked
disable slower effects : ticked
rest is by default settings

This config works perfectly on my phone.
04-21-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 02:17 PM by Aquanauta.)
(04-21-2017 11:04 AM)ralf12345 Wrote:  This config works perfectly on my phone.
Sadly I've tried resetting everything to default and using those with no success.

(04-21-2017 03:36 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It looks like block transfer is either disabled or not working. This game absolutely requires it. It also requires full PSP buffered rendering emulation.
I had both enabled. Just in case I tried disabling them, exiting, then re-enabling them and so on. They are being saved in the .ini file.

(04-21-2017 03:36 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you try PPSSPP 1.3, just to make sure it didn't regress?
I've tried two 1.3 versions (builds 1.3-1164 and 1.3-224) deleting the PSP folder every time just in case and the problem replicates in both.

I don't know if it would help, but I've been trying to "Dump the frame GPU commands" with little success.
It seems I would need to pass the "--log=" startup option and I'm failing to even start ppsspp from the android command line lol.
I got the package name to be 'org.ppsspp.ppsspp' but I don't know what full class name to launch it with "am start" would be.
I'm very new to android as you can tell.
04-21-2017, 02:23 PM
You can also share working / not working settings using compatibility reports:

http://report.ppsspp.org/game/ULJS00394_1.01

-[Unknown]
04-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Hello to everyone! I'm new around here! Smile
Guys, i'd like some help with an issue i'm having. I'm trying to play the japanese patched to english version on my phone, using the ppsspp 1.4.2, and the game isn't creating the save file when i choose "yes", it returns me to the previous message that states the game couldn't find a save file and i have to create one to begin it. And it keeps looping between these two messages, and even choosing yes to create the save file, it is not creating and i can't even begin the game...
Anyone could plz give me a light on this problem? I don't know if someone else had this same issue.
Thx in advance for any help u guys can provide me! Wink
It's the version 1.16, ULJS00394, in case you need these infos.
04-22-2017, 11:29 PM
You need to press O for "YES" and X for "NO" in most Japanese games. You're pressing cancel, that's why it's not saving.

-[Unknown]
04-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Awwwwww maaannn!! How the hell i didn't think about that?! hahahahahahaa
I'm ashamed with myself now, hahahaahaha.
Well, i thank u for the help man!
I'll try to play, and later i'll be posting the results on how the game ran here to help the community.
Thx once more friend! ;D
04-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Hello,

I noticed that the game runs at internal fps lower than 60 and kind of choppy animation(correct me if I'm wrong maybe my eyesight has gone bad). But if it's true, is there any hack to make it run at 60fps?

It runs at 100% speed with no frameskipping but choppy animation.

Best regards,
04-23-2018, 02:49 PM
(04-23-2018 01:13 PM)insurgentx Wrote:  Hello,

I noticed that the game runs at internal fps lower than 60 and kind of choppy animation(correct me if I'm wrong maybe my eyesight has gone bad). But if it's true, is there any hack to make it run at 60fps?

It runs at 100% speed with no frameskipping but choppy animation.

Best regards,

Most games on PSP are NOT 60 FPS. They are 30 or sometimes even 20. For some it can seem to low/choppy. Look around, maybe there is a 60 FPS hack, but those are pretty gamebreaking sometimes.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-06-2019, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 02:09 AM by lee13.)
When I tried to save game, it appeared error code 80110321 "Save failed". Pls help. Android version 1.7.5
02-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Make sure the "Memory Stick inserted" setting is enabled in the settings.

That error means that it thinks there's no memory stick inserted. The game can also cause this, but I don't think it does.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2019, 03:54 AM
(02-10-2019 08:06 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Make sure the "Memory Stick inserted" setting is enabled in the settings.

That error means that it thinks there's no memory stick inserted. The game can also cause this, but I don't think it does.

-[Unknown]
It worked. Thanks a lots
04-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Wink RE: Grand Knights History
For some reason, when I play a patched version of this game, it always ends up being half translated in English, with some, if not most, of the text still remaining in Japanese. I've tried pre-patched isos as well as patching the game myself, but I always end up with the same results. Does anyone have a fix? Here are a couple of screenshots showing my issue:

https://i.imgtc.com/XYZxrEI.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/w6ONhfe.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/6kBdSfK.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/ZERI1sG.jpg