Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
12-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Infinite Loops Issue
First time posting here.

By experimenting with different builds and doing a bit of research, I've solved most of the issues when running PPSSPP on my un-rooted Samsung Galaxy S3. I have run into one problem with Tactics Ogre that I have not been able to solve as of yet.

Currently, I am using build v.0.9.1-1189-g4829028. Was previously using the most recent build, but noticed with 0.9.1- the quality and performance are MUCH better with other games I play (P3P, FFT, Naurto).

I have used a number of TO builds, patched and unpatched, USA, EUR, and MULTI, and have not found a solution to this issue: I am stuck in an infinite loop with the intro video. If I let it play through, it loops back to the beginning. If I use start, X, or O to skip, it restarts to the beginning of the intro.

Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have suggestions to fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 04:57 AM by delphiki.)
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
Running v0.9.6.2 and playing on a ASUS Transformer TF-201 with a PS3 BT controller. Still suffering black screens upon spell casts and any ability that would cause a flash it seems. I have been playing through anyways just hitting select to go to PPSSPP screen and then a quick circle button to back out of it which fixes it every time and is a relatively quick fix. I just have to deal with "imagining" what all the cool spells and abilities do.... a fix would be amazing.

Also ran into an issue of the game slowing down to 50% speed. no setting changes or restarts affected anything. Cleared data from the app and it went back to normal.
01-10-2014, 02:19 PM
(01-10-2014 04:57 AM)delphiki Wrote:  Running v0.9.6.2 and playing on a ASUS Transformer TF-201 with a PS3 BT controller. Still suffering black screens upon spell casts and any ability that would cause a flash it seems. I have been playing through anyways just hitting select to go to PPSSPP screen and then a quick circle button to back out of it which fixes it every time and is a relatively quick fix. I just have to deal with "imagining" what all the cool spells and abilities do.... a fix would be amazing.

Agreed. This has been a persistent problem for quite a while that doesn't seem to affect everyone so maybe that is why it hasn't been addressed.

I, too, have the black screen issues and although it is not difficult to restore the screen it is annoying to have to do it every few seconds. This is one of the few games that I want to run well.
01-15-2014, 08:14 PM
The black screen issue was fixed on Android v0.9.6-436-g8239500

Yay! Thank you so much.
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
So I'm having the same problem as discussed on pages 8-9. I've got the game to run just fine, but no image besides the text bubbles. Tried turning off minmapping but no good.

Here's a post of my laptop specs, if that's the problem, along with a picture of the problem.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-24-2014, 10:23 PM
running v0.9.6.2 on blackberry z10 game works beautifully until it exits. Tried many different settings. Managed to get as far as the battle after duke freed but cannot complete this without the game shutting down. If anybody has a recommended solution that would be great. This is an awesome emulator though!
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
(01-15-2014 08:14 PM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  The black screen issue was fixed on Android v0.9.6-436-g8239500

Yay! Thank you so much.

I'm using an Nvidia Shield with PPSSPP v0.9.2 (from the Play store). I'm still experiencing the same issue where the screen goes black when landing a crit or casting a spell. Like you, opening the menu and closing it seems to work, but it's super annoying and makes the game unplayable for me.

Are you saying this version you have, v0.9.6-436-whatever, is a dev build or RC? If so, where can I get it (and will it be compatible with my save states from games I've been playing with PPSSPP 9.6.2?). Thanks!
01-25-2014, 05:06 PM
You can get git development builds here:
http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds

-[Unknown]
01-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Regarding to recently ppsspp of Windows and Android(old ver also), Tactics ogre(JPN) cannot display right Japanese characteristic. I attached problem..

01-26-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 09:37 PM by tonitrus.)
(01-25-2014 10:08 PM)tyome Wrote:  Regarding to recently ppsspp of Windows and Android(old ver also), Tactics ogre(JPN) cannot display right Japanese characteristic. I attached problem..

black border in the text will appear in ppsspp.
Here a screenshot of the real Console.

01-31-2014, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 02:52 AM by Crimsonchaos01.)
I'm getting frequent and repeated crashes, almost each and every single battle. The game is borderline unplayable due to all the crashes.

I'm still trying to beat the second battle in the game, and as soon as I kill the guy at the end it crashes every single time. I try to reload the save state, and its no good, just crashes every time. I redid the battle from the a hard save and it crashed again in the same spot.

v 0.9.6.2 Windows x64

Any help as to why its crashing would be appreciated.

I'd really like to play this game, but its unplayable if I have to worry about it crashing every 10 mins.
02-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Actually, I can play it pretty well. Except for some times getting a temporary (just a few seconds) screen error, it's playable.

I get like 100% speed in everything with the attached config and no stucks or problems (that makes the game crash or unplayable or even a FPS drop) found and with sound going perfect.

GPU: Nvidia GT310 (latest video driver - 332.21)
PPSSPP version: v0.9.6-781-g50db27b Windows x64

I will try to get a screenshot of the problem I said (just a graphic problem, nothing else).

Enjoy, hopefully.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ppsspp.txt (Size: 3.5 KB / Downloads: 816)
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
The crashing problem appears to be solved in the latest revisions.
02-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Playing on PC (32-bit) and everything has been mostly fine until I get to chapter three. The game doesn't play the cutscene and just has a black screen instead. Oddly enough, the game responds when trying to skip the cutscene (see picture attached), but even skipping it results in a soft lock.

It's no fun to get 20 hours in and get stuck like this.

02-12-2014, 04:58 AM
So i need some help =( im trying to download save files from the internet to use on tactics ogre, but i cant get ppsspp to read the save files =/ they are "sfo" files, and my save states on ppsspp are "ppst" files, is there anything i can do?