Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
10-15-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 04:07 PM by dricc.)
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
(10-10-2013 11:46 PM)King of Worms Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 01:21 PM)dricc Wrote:  Good news ...
Can you give us the configuration you are using ?
I've tried many things , but i have only the dialogs .

Here:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2014/qdf8.jpg

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5471/4lv5.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8108/c9z9.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3986/7s1t.jpg

(mod note: images way too big for forum, made them links).

Many thanks ! i will try tomorrow ... and hope for good news .
this game is a must-have one .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 05:37 AM by Zemekis.)
Hey everyone. I've been playing this game on my PC (Windows 64-bit) for a few days now and have had absolutely no problems, until about an hour ago suddenly I had a graphics driver crash, which caused the emulation to freeze up so I lost some battle progress. I started PPSSPP up again and loaded up the save state in the battle, won, and when I returned to the map it was BLACK (which is why I immediately stopped playing it on the Android version) - plus now some strange animations such as in battle with temporarily frozen artifacts or showing a line of another unit's name I've yet to even begin using in that battle showing up a bit below the active unit's name. However, when I zoom the map out everything is fine.

I've read almost this entire thread, especially the last several pages...but nothing's worked. I've tried dozens of different settings changes, including defaults which worked till now. The best I can do is I could not be more confused. Taxing games like Skyrim are still running perfectly on ultra...so I don't think it's my card. I've even updated my graphics drivers, tried a different save state or save file, started a new game to test it, and tried a new download of PPSSPP even. Any clue what to do? Has anyone else figured out a definite surefire fix for this? I have the latest Directx installed, .NET framework, all of it...I'm out of ideas. D:

I'm using a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Twin Frozr card with 327.23 drivers.

EDIT: I figured it out! While it's totally vexing that the official build I was using became indefinitely screwed up, I took to King of Worms' advice and used dev build 1467 - every problem I had went away - in fact, on top of that, I no longer have very many "minor" short hangs when changing menus and also my alternate speed mode is much faster. It's perfect - a special thank you to King of Worms, whoever you are! Smile
11-01-2013, 10:50 PM
(07-25-2013 08:00 PM)cyrusmagnus Wrote:  So running on Windows 8 Pro x64, I'd been playing this game using the x32 bit and recently downloaded the x64 version. Both were 8.1 with different sub-builds. I noticed a lot of sound artifacts in the x64 version especially when the little yellow triangles used to orient the character appear at the end of an turn of a unit. Sounds like massive stuttering/slowdown in the music.

Update: It isn't a slow down, it's a speed up. When you orient the character's direction after taking their turn (when the four little yellow arrows show up) the music (and probably the game generally) becomes unthrottled for a second. I say this because if I were to tap the Tab key (unthrottle) the music does the exact same thing as when the characters' little yellow arrows show up. Also, this happens a lot less in the x32 version for some reason. In the x64 it's every time, and the x32 it's perhaps 1 in 5 times. Also, the weird rainbow coloration artifact is gone, but the boxing is still present. There are other moments in the game where it will randomly unthrottle for a moment (as can be heard from the music) so I think there might be a call to something that momentarily overrides the throttle? I've tried playing around with the force 60 or less fps and the speed toggle options and neither has any effect on the random unthrottling. Big Grin

Having the same issue with the sound stuttering, I'm using the latest x64 build as of this posting/same OS. Not having any graphical or speed issues whatsoever (the candle flames/spells/rain/etc all render perfectly); it's solely the sound stuttering/crackling when an enemy's turn starts, or when the side-orienting reticule appears over a character's head (and the crackling sound is identical to when you use the Tab key to speed the game up).

Might just be a problem with atrac+ integration; this is getting really close to perfect emulation.
11-02-2013, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 08:59 AM by butanebob.)
Emulator hangs when trying to load the stage "Heim Great Hall" in chapter iv. The screen goes black and then the emulator becomes unresponsive - can't even bring up the menu.

Windows 7 x64
64bit build v0.9.5-31-g72950d8
Nvidia GTX 760

*edit: same issue with the x86 build.
11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
problem.with thr final boss battle cant see the bankground.map. when fighting the boss..hope that will.fix that problem..over all.the game is very playable.
11-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi,

Am playing on a samsung galaxy s4, I can't get past the first "battle". It's the very very beginning when you only get one move before you meet Lanselot, I have the discussion with him then all the characters walk off screen, at this point the "now loading" animation comes up in the bottom right hand screen but never disappears.

Have tried several different ROMS but the bug still hits at the same point.

If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful, just come off of FF Tactics A2 and am desperate for my next fix! Confused
11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
try the latest emulator on psp on github
.that should work.
11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm having similar problems with an nv shield. I'm using the latest version from the downloads section. Shows dialogue but no maps or sprites. Toggling the speed hack on and off sometimes fixes it. I have the game on PSP but it would be really nice to use that comfy full sized shield controller to play it.
11-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Spells are still causing the screen to black out as of v0.9.5-500-g428b279. Abuna Donnalto's attempt at exorcism causes the screen to black out and display the "Miss" "Nothing Happens" text. Going in to the ppsspp menu and returning fixes the problem. Also, when the "Objective" "Vanquish Moldova!" text appears, the screen turns black as well. This has been a problem for some time. Are there any new options that will fix this?
12-01-2013, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 01:36 AM by harcield.)
Black Screen Issues
Im running ppsspp 0.9.5 in my windows 8 notebook
the problem is i get a black screen on the map
i notice that this happens after i played naruto ultimate ninja impact
the naruto ultimate ninja impact also get visual issues after i'm playing it
anyone knows how to solve this issue?
or is it bug in ppsspp?
thx in advance Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Using v0.9.5-848-g726327b, Win64 build (running Windows 7 on a desktop PC), default emulator settings.

Currently the only problems I've encountered are as follows (finished the game and large amounts of the optional side content/'CODA'):

-There's still some sort of throttling whenever you dictate the direction a unit will face with the 'Wait' command, causing noticable sound crackling (to produce the effect most noticably, select 'Wait' for a unit, then rapidly spin the directional pad). This audio distortion also occurs at the start of every enemy unit's turn (which is the part that gets annoying).

-Shadows cast by units do not follow them when they move; they remain anchored to the unit's original position until the movement is completed, then suddenly disappear. These shadows flicker and are a bit distracting.

Otherwise, I've had a nigh-flawless playing experience. All intro/cutscene movies and animations work, sounds play (barring the throttling phenomenon), spell/ability graphics function properly, the world map displays correctly (thank god for that one), and the music is excellent. Really close, on this one.
12-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Hey guys the game is running perfectly all except audio has a buzz/skipping discordance for some reason. Any idea on how to fix this?

RIG= Windows 8

Build= .95
12-12-2013, 02:45 PM
v0.9.5-1073-g0bfe9db
Tegra 3 device

with this build the game crashes as long as multithreaded is selected.

Still getting black screens during spell castings and when announcing battle objectives. (i.e. Vanquish Moldova).

Is anyone else with similar graphics chip having the same problems or are there any settings to help with this? This problem has persisted for quite awhile.
12-24-2013, 12:53 AM
playing on 0.9.6-185 totally unplayable... doesnt even gets past the square enix logo anymore...
12-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Crashes when I get to Square Enix Presents, and something about hardware mode failed switching to software

I really hope this game can be fixed to be playable again Smile